1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Please review 3PDF.com - Google search

Discussion in 'Placement / Reviews / Examples' started by JamesColin, Nov 4, 2009.

Hello All,
    I'd like to read your great opinion about my website:

http://3PDF.com

It's a PDF files search engine based on Google results, it's quite simple and I'm looking for suggestions on how to improve my ad placement (internal pages) and also add value to visitors.

Thank you very much for your precious time and effort.

JamesColin, Nov 4, 2009 IP
  2. belgin fish

belgin fish Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Nice and simple, layout wise I suggest you space things out a bit more. On your homepage everything seems a bit packed.

Adsense wise looks great :D

belgin fish, Nov 4, 2009 IP
  3. SmartVestor

SmartVestor Peon

Best Answers:
    it's a cool site , Let me do some research for you, I've been marketing for over 15 years turning $1000 sites into million dollar sites within 1-2 year depending on the service or content.

SmartVestor, Nov 4, 2009 IP
  4. JamesColin

JamesColin Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Thank you both for your comments, I've added a little space between the search form and the "suggestions" sentence on the front page.
    @SmartVestor: what kind of research have you done for me? Your experience in marketing sounds interesting. I've ordered a video for introducing this site and grabbing the attention of first time visitors, it should be done in a few days, I'll keep you posted about it.

Also, I've just added a mobile version (xhtml) at this address http://3pdf.com/m
    There should be a detection and redirection to the mobile version if you browse the main site with a mobile phone.
    It can be seen with this online mobile browser emulator: http://emulator.mtld.mobi/emulator.php?emulator=sonyK750&webaddress=3pdf.com

It's the first time I ever did a version of any site for mobile phones, so I took the opportunity to try AdSense for mobile.
    I understand that a mobile version of a pdf search engine is quite useless when most mobile phones don't have yet PDF reading capabilities but in the future more people will switch to smartphone (windows mobile supports PDF, and I assume iphone and android support it too)

After this short experience, I'd say it's not difficult to make a mobile version of a site, in xhtml at least, I don't know about other languages, I hope xhtml is the most universal, at least it works on my htc touch hd (windows mobile)

So if you think you could benefit from a mobile version and if you want to try the adsense for mobile ads, go for it! :)

JamesColin, Nov 6, 2009 IP
  5. HR_MBA

HR_MBA Active Member

Best Answers:
    One thing I'd improve is maybe adding a contact form, rather than a direct email link ... I personally don't use outlook express, so a form to submit would be much easier for users like me.

HR_MBA, Nov 7, 2009 IP
  6. JamesColin

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Thank you for your advice, I thought about it but the truth in this case is that I don't really want to be contacted by visitors, because I suspect the only messages I'll receive will be people asking me to remove their pdf file from the site, when I only use google search and they should ask google not me...
    But I still put a simple way to contact me, just in case Adobe wants to buy my site or some other fortune 500 company wants to advertize on it :)

So, you're right a contact form would be easier and more professional, but I don't want to make the effort at the moment, and thank you again for reviewing my site and your suggestion.

JamesColin, Nov 7, 2009 IP
  7. jovany

jovany Peon

Best Answers:
    my friend i have been tired of searching for pdf search engine script and i liked yours too much can you help me

jovany, Nov 7, 2009 IP
  8. JamesColin

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Perhaps I can help you yes, contact me via PM with the kind of help you need.

JamesColin, Nov 7, 2009 IP
  9. JamesColin

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I've added a flash video on the front page (middle right of the screen) to explain a little bit the site to visitors. It's a video I bought from an online video producing company (those videos are usually called virtual representatives) which I can honestly recommend as they've been quick to produce the work and followed exactly everything I mentionned in the script (up to what the model wears, and the colors) and they even printed a pdf icon image I've sent them and glued it to a magazine so the model can hold it while talking. All that for a very good price (I also asked their main competitor for a similarly timed video and they were almost double price!)
    It's the first time I paid to produce such a video, and I'm happy that the result is really what I was hoping for, I'm sure it brings a little added-value to my site, and I'll think more about doing it again for future sites of mine who might benefit from it.

I've chosen this model because I like the asian look of girls, my own girlfriend is chinese :)

JamesColin, Nov 12, 2009 IP
  10. M.IMRAN

M.IMRAN Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I loved that video on your website , thats a really high quality addition to your site.

Good one!

M.IMRAN, Nov 18, 2009 IP
  11. JamesColin

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Thank you M.IMRAN, that's the first time I ever bought such a video, at first I had it automatically start when you got on the page, but I've been advised to pause it and let the user decides if he wants to watch the video or not, and that's much better that way as I myself hate when there's unexpected sound on a webpage.

JamesColin, Nov 19, 2009 IP
  12. sumeetrajaggarwal

sumeetrajaggarwal Peon

Best Answers:
    Cool site. The flash video is also grt instead of just a text declaration. Good Luck :)

One thing when i searched some pdf file and clicked on "read", it asked for some plugin when clicked to installed it gave me no plugin available. I was using Firefox on Mac.

sumeetrajaggarwal, Nov 27, 2009 IP
  13. JamesColin

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Thank you for your comment. I think what firefox was looking for was the acrobat reader plugin, because I'm embedding a PDF on the page when you click on READ.
    But there's also a link at top right named "can't read it?" and it should send you to google docs to view the pdf file.

Perhaps I should add a prominent link to download the acrobat reader plugin on adobe.com site? What do you think?

JamesColin, Nov 27, 2009 IP
  14. digitalstreams.us

digitalstreams.us Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    well...the site is damn cool..and i am pretty impressed with it...so good job !! :D
    and for those who have "reading" problems.. i recommend the acrobat plugin.. so that everytime there is no need for the user to go to google talks..!

digitalstreams.us, Dec 3, 2009 IP
  15. BadLeia

BadLeia Peon

Best Answers:
    that's an amazingly cool site. I am REALLY impressed. WOW.

BadLeia, Dec 3, 2009 IP
  16. crisT

crisT Peon

Best Answers:
    great ideea.

how much traffic do you get?

crisT, Dec 4, 2009 IP
  17. JamesColin

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    About the traffic, the site is only a month old (I bought the domain name before but only started to work on it in mid-october) and the traffic is a few thousands visitors a day, but it can go up and down suddenly since at the moment it's all coming from search engines, no direct traffic or backlinks from other sites.

Thank you all for your comments, I appreciate them. Do you have suggestions I could use to improve the site?

JamesColin, Dec 4, 2009 IP
  18. BadLeia

BadLeia Peon

Best Answers:
    that is an INCREDIBLE amount of traffic!! Congrats!!!!!!!!!

BadLeia, Dec 4, 2009 IP
  19. crisT

crisT Peon

Best Answers:
    few thousands visitors a day after one month is huge

crisT, Dec 4, 2009 IP
  20. JamesColin

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Yes it's good, but keep in mind that it can go down to nearly zero from one day to another. As soon as Google decides to put my site in a sandbox or even penalize it, visits will drop dramatically. It already happened on one of my sites over a year ago and never recovered, I don't know about you, but it is very much possible so I'm looking for suggestions in order to improve the value of my site, so that Google will not drop it from its index. It needs to be more useful than it is now but I don't have any idea on how to achieve that, do you?

Last edited: Dec 4, 2009
    JamesColin, Dec 4, 2009 IP