1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What's best: PUBLIC SERVICE ADS or SHOW NON GOOGLE?

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by dinrock, Dec 3, 2009.

Putting an ad togther and it gets to the step where you choose:
    #1. SHOW PUBLIC SERVICE ADS
    #2. SHOW NON GOOGLE ADS FROM ANOTHER URL

But in part #2. it asks you to fill in an http:// but what URL do you put there? Has me a bit mixed up. If PSA's lower your CPC etc. is #1. the main choice usually?

dinrock, Dec 3, 2009 IP
  2. dinrock

dinrock Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I wanted to clear it up a bit better, here is what I am referring to:

Show public service ads
    Show non-Google ads from another URL

Fill space with a solid color

Now, I want to show ads RELAVENT to content in my sig. Can someone direct me to a thread or link that describes best way to achieve this and not have to show PSAs? They earn nothing.
    Thanks ----

dinrock, Dec 3, 2009 IP
  3. JamesColin

JamesColin Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Personnally I use collaspe ad units. If adsense has nothing to show, the ad unit becomes 1x1 pixel (or rather 0 pixel) so there's no problem.

JamesColin, Dec 3, 2009 IP
  4. internetmarketingiq

internetmarketingiq Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If you pick the right niche it doesn't matter because there will always be inventory to fill the blocks. I never get public service ads on my sites for that reason.

If you are worried about revenu loss then don't pick public service and carefully target your niches.

internetmarketingiq, Dec 3, 2009 IP
  5. ahayiroglu

ahayiroglu Peon

Best Answers:
    use chitika if your users mainly coming from search engines... or use other contextual adsense alternatives listed at adsense alternatives.

ahayiroglu, Dec 3, 2009 IP
  6. Nystul

Nystul Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I use the Fil space with same color as my background. I hate the PSA!

Nystul, Dec 3, 2009 IP
  7. dinrock

Best Answers:
    OK-so here is THEE question....if I don't choose a public service ad, what are the next steps to show non google ads from another URL. I already have a new web page developed and ready to put an ad in that open 336X280 rectangle....can I still put a non Google ad there?

dinrock, Dec 3, 2009 IP
  8. bryanon

bryanon Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    What I would suggest is to have enough content on each page of your site that Adsense ads would always be displayed. Quite frankly, there's no reason why you should display either public service or non-Google ads.

Seriously - a page long of keyworded content will ensure that there are always ads available for you ;)

bryanon, Dec 3, 2009 IP
  9. instant87

instant87 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I just have my non-google ad (usually clickbank/amazon) as a standard html page that contains both the image and the link, and put that url into the box google provides in adsense. This way, if I want to show the ad somewhere else, I can use php to include it, and also I only have to change the ad once on the static html page to change it throughout the site (and on google non-adsesne ads).

instant87, Dec 3, 2009 IP
  10. dinrock

Best Answers:
    Well bryanon you made about the most sense. Because here is my big mind-boggler....why if you are configuring an ADSENSE ad, does Google offer you th option to show NON GOOGLE ads in an AdSense account setup? I don't get it. Just go to AdBrite or any other and set up an account, configure an AdBrite (or other ad) and put the code on your site. Am I in left field on all this?
    Why configure all kinds of cells, tables, javascript and text throughout a detailed and well laid out web page, and THEN (just because you're using AdSense), have to still go through more tedium, time-consuming efforts and then have to do like instant87, and configure yet more (like he mentions) standard html page that contains both the image and the link, and put that url into the box google provides in adsense . . . . ?????

dinrock, Dec 3, 2009 IP
  11. brinkin

brinkin Peon

Best Answers:
    Another option instead of collapsing the ad units is to take advantage of a PSA replacement ad service using option #2. If you have a look at our article at http://banners.brinkin.com/blog/2009/11/how-to-replace-public-service-annoucements-on-your-google-adsense-panels/ (plug), you can outsource any would-be psa ad's to our banner exchange and earn credit where you would have not been paid by Google, so a similar service to Chitika.

The other advantage of this is you actually get stats on just how many PSA ad's your sites are displaying, because even if you don't see psa ads on your site, that doesnt mean your site isnt displaying them to users in other countries.

Cheers,
    Ben

brinkin, Dec 29, 2009 IP
  12. joebert

joebert Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I go with the "Solid color" option unless I have a relevant banner I can stick in a simple page and put the URL of in there.

I think having public service ads show up often enough to worry about this is a sign that it's time to move on to another subject matter. :)

joebert, Dec 29, 2009 IP
  13. Project Mobius

Project Mobius Peon

Best Answers:
    the best is not use google adsense at all

Project Mobius, Dec 29, 2009 IP
  14. misohoni

misohoni Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Not sure where this comes from...what if your site is viewed in another country/different language browser...Adsense detects it, if no relevant advert comes up then it shows the PSA/Alternative...

misohoni, Oct 8, 2010 IP