1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Hate Reputation?

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by soapbath, Mar 26, 2005.

1. dct

dct Finder of cool gadgets

Best Answers:
    It is an option on the board, so was Shawns call.

I've got a vB forum and accidently set it up so you can't leave anonymous rep, touch wood so far so good but it may discourage people leaving negative rep in case they get into a petty neg rep war, time will tell I suppose.

dct, Mar 26, 2005 IP
  2. mopacfan

mopacfan Peon

Best Answers:
    This is the negative rep:

mopacfan, Mar 27, 2005 IP
  3. l234244

l234244 Peon

Best Answers:
    The other thing that can happen is a member can leave negative rep with someone else member name on adding more fuel to the fire.

l234244, Mar 27, 2005 IP
  4. compar

compar Peon

Best Answers:
    Wow! that surprises me. I guess the answer is that nobody should start any new threads. Or maybe we should get Shawn's agreement on the appropriate forum before we dare post a new thread. Sort of puts a damper on fredom of speech doesn't it? :(

compar, Mar 27, 2005 IP
  5. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    I think that Shawn should disable the feature and the moderators decide a members reputation.

We have too many new members here that are very young that abuse the system and it is getting old.

But it sure does create a lot of good threads and content for the forum so I don't think Shawn will change it. :p :eek:

People like to fight about it and that gets the forum going, what would you do if you were Shawn? :eek:

anthonycea, Mar 27, 2005 IP
    Ajeet likes this.
  6. payoutwindow

payoutwindow Peon

Best Answers:
    At the rate things are going ... with a new thread every otherday .. The Reputation System will need its own subforum soon.

payoutwindow, Mar 27, 2005 IP
  7. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    Payoutwindow your right about that, this forum has got more good threads out of members fighting over reputation issues on the forum than a lot of other subjects :p :p :eek:

anthonycea, Mar 27, 2005 IP
  8. MattUK

MattUK Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Rep is a good idea in theory as most forums go by post count which isn't really a good judge of a members knowledge or willingness to give help. However I agree that if the anonimity was taken away there would a lot less negative reps given, maybe this is the answer.

MattUK, Mar 29, 2005 IP
    justtara likes this.
  9. MELLA

MELLA Peon

Best Answers:
    I think so too. I think it's kind of shitty/two faced giving neg. rep anonymously. If you have something bad to say - say it to their face. (so to speak)

I just Hate the pointless negative reps like 'pathetic' ect. That's just disrespectful and rude. If it is constructive critisim then I don't mind it one bit.

MELLA, Mar 29, 2005 IP
    compar likes this.