1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Another flag burning lunatic

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by Mia, Aug 22, 2006.

You just have to love Aljazeera. When I cannot find anti-American behaivor (by Americans) reported in the main stream press, I just turn to Aljazeera.

I guess some nut job teacher lit a couple American flags on fire, in his classroom, full of kids. He is lucky he did not burn the building down, kids and all in his fit of violent expression.

When you see referendums coming up for things like, "an additional 12 million bucks" in a community of under 6k, it really starts to make you wonder if you should be forced to contribute to public schools in America. That is if they are going to use the money to hire wackos like this.

Mia, Aug 22, 2006 IP
  2. Henny

Henny Peon

Best Answers:
    Yup, public schools are becoming america's liberal medrosis.

Henny, Aug 22, 2006 IP
  3. Grafstein

Grafstein Peon

Best Answers:
    this man is a fool,i think shes a muslim :mad:

Grafstein, Aug 22, 2006 IP
  4. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    WTF are you talking about?

Mia, Aug 22, 2006 IP
  5. Grafstein

Grafstein Peon

Best Answers:
    dunno,i just keep talking :D
    serious now,i think the teacher has pro islamic feelings and she is showing them at grassroots level (children).
    Very sad folks...

6. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    Ok, it was the "girl" part that threw me off. Dan Holden (the flag burner in question) is a man...

Mia, Aug 22, 2006 IP
  7. Alis

Alis Peon

Best Answers:
    Burning a flag over here reaches to death "But not by laws , by citizens punnishment".
    Ofcourse life time prison is the laws..

Alis, Aug 22, 2006 IP
  8. The Webmaster

The Webmaster IdeasOfOne

Best Answers:
    This man is fool.
    Disrespecting the National flag in India is a serious crime, what about US?

The Webmaster, Aug 22, 2006 IP
  9. Grafstein

Grafstein Peon

Best Answers:
    Oh i thought it said diane,i mean he :D

10. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    I'm not vexillologist, but the American Flag can be legally burned. However, it is only burned as a method of "destroying it". It is destroyed if it becomes torn, tattered, or dirty... Or if it touches the ground. Burning our nations flag is something that is done out of respect, and only for those reasons I mentioned.

Our flag is not to be burned as a form of expression, and certainly not as a method of motivating teenagers in a classroom.

Punishment in the US should be severe. I was always under the impression it was illegal to burn the flag in the US. Apparently not.

I have a feeling this nut job will be charged with arson or something like that. Hopefully he does some hard time.

Mia, Aug 22, 2006 IP
  11. Grafstein

Grafstein Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree,they should make him do 20-10 in the pen :D
    Seriously it makes me mad when people do this and it dosnt help anyone.

12. lorien1973

lorien1973 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Are kids incapable of imagining the concept of a flag being burned without having to see it? I'm convinced that the #1 goal of "liberals" is to keep people stupid. Makes em easier to control. You never see one promoting education to actually teach people things - except getting along with others and tolerance. Math, reading, science; be damned! Make nice with people!

lorien1973, Aug 22, 2006 IP
  13. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    Well put!

9, 10

Mia, Aug 22, 2006 IP
  14. kkibak

kkibak Peon

Best Answers:
    "Desecration

In June a proposed amendment to the US constitution allowing Congress to ban desecration of the flag was narrowly defeated in the US Senate.

Supporters of the amendment had argued that the flag was a cherished national symbol, as well as being a symbol of freedom and national unity."

kkibak, Aug 22, 2006 IP
  15. casper

casper Guest

Best Answers:
    It is a shame that you consider this flagburning to be a typical 'liberal' acting. This teacher was a nutjob. Liberal or conservative, doesn't matter. America is getting more and more divided and we have people like you to blame for.

casper, Aug 22, 2006 IP
  16. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    It used to be illegal, that is prior to the year I graduated high school. Only in America do you have some pinko organization that can help the Supreme Court change it's opinion of what is protected as free speech.

That decision was another shining example of what legislating from the bench will get you.

Mia, Aug 22, 2006 IP
  17. lorien1973

lorien1973 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I didn't realize that I said it was a "liberal", but its nice to put words in my mouth. Thanks!

lorien1973, Aug 22, 2006 IP
  18. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    Well let's just use some deductive reasoning shall we. That and a little simple math.

Last year, Senator Orin Hatch sponsored a bill (S.J.RES.12) which proposed "an amendment to the Constitution of the United States authorizing Congress to prohibit the physical desecration of the flag of the United States."

That bill passed the House.

However on June 27th of this year that bill failed by ONE vote in the Senate. The vote requires a 2/3rd's majority in the Senate.

The vote was 66 yea to 34 nea. There are 55 Republicans in the Senate, and 44 Democrats, and one independent. Again, do the math. Looks to me like it was the Democrat vote that shut this proposal down again. Take a look at the 59 cosponsors of the bill. Then go look up your Senators voting record and let me know why someone would have an opinion that liberals appear to be more adept at doing such things.

Mia, Aug 22, 2006 IP
  19. casper

casper Guest

Best Answers:
    The action was a one man thing and no liberal would support his actions. I thought we were going to talk about the action, but somehow someone always manages to blame the liberals for this.

@lorien1973
    "I'm convinced that the #1 goal of "liberals" is to keep people stupid."

Here, see? It is always liberals' fault. I wasn't putting words in your mouth, they where already there.

This forum isn't about argueing, this is about liberal-bashing, always has and always been. And this isn't the first liberal-bash in this forum, there are plenty. Clinton is a loser, liberals are ugly, etc. Pathethic.

casper, Aug 22, 2006 IP
  20. chulium

chulium Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    That's because liberals INSIST on being ignorant, but refuse to admit it.

Actually it generally is :p Not just liberals in the US, but in other countries as well. Most often addressed is liberals from the US, though, since that's where a lot of us are from.

Apparently you don't notice the Conservative-bashing either...

chulium, Aug 22, 2006 IP