1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Paypal buyer protection - do i have it this way?

Discussion in 'PayPal' started by Voya, Nov 30, 2009.

Hello,

First let me apologize if this is not the right category to post it, but it seemed the right one for me.

My issue is the following:

I need to make a payment of $1000 USD so the seller will ship me the products i need (2 FORD/MAZDA VCM's from China).

He says that he will try to arrange and ship them within 3 days of the payment. If he can not arrange them (because they are in short supply) he will refund me. Great.

But what if he doesn't? Will i be able to open a claim/dispute and get my money back?

Paypal says that i can open a dispute within 45 days after i send the payment , but in the e-mail i got from them they were blabbering a lot around ebay, so it was hard for me to understand.

This is not for ebay.

So your thoughts, am i protected, can i open a dispute and get my money back if the seller is a scammer and doesn't ship the items/provide refund.

How to do this the right way?

Thank you.

Voya, Nov 30, 2009 IP
  2. Digital_shubhi

Digital_shubhi Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Yes you can open dispute. :)
    But if there is no money in sellers account you will lose it all. I mean you won't be able to get your $1k. :eek:
    (If he has used all the money of his PP account)

- Mr.president -

Digital_shubhi, Nov 30, 2009 IP
  3. RightMan

RightMan Notable Member

Best Answers:
    If you open a dispute at Paypal... clearly citing the breach of contract by the seller by not supplying you the items, you will surely get back your money.

Paypal is anyway known to take sides with the buyer in majority of such cases! :)

Regards,

RightMan

RightMan, Nov 30, 2009 IP
  4. hhsaus

hhsaus Active Member

Best Answers:
    Please keep in mind that you should never fully rely on the so called PayPal buyer protection. Even if paypal refunds your money, you may still be liable to pay the seller (for example items not received - in some countries delivery is deemed to have taken place when the seller ships the goods, and not when the goods are delivered to your hands).

Please read all the relevant PayPal policies. Buyer protection may not be available on your local paypal site for purchases outside of eBay. Generally speaking the so called protection on purchases made outside of eBay is not as comprehensive and there are too many eligibility rules and criteria attached to it.

Pay with your credit card through paypal. Your credit card issuer already offers better protection policies than PayPal. They are also easier to contact, and will refund your payment a lot quicker. Credit card issuers almost exclusively side with their customers in a dispute with a merchant.

If you have never dealt with the seller/supplier before you would be wise to draw up a contract of sale (buyer & seller details, payment terms and conditions, shipping terms and conditions, warranties, guarantees...etc).

hhsaus, Nov 30, 2009 IP
  5. Master Directory

Master Directory Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    dispute it, paypal can take the money back if it is verify account, if not verfy "good bye to 1k your money"

Master Directory, Nov 30, 2009 IP
  6. Moses8595

Moses8595 Peon

Best Answers:

As far as I know,If there is no money in sellers account,he paypal balance will go negative.If the buyer can not get the money back..Where is the money going? :confused:

Moses8595, Nov 30, 2009 IP
  7. sameer_reddy

sameer_reddy Peon

Best Answers:
    You will most likely win as paypal always sides with the buyer. use the money from your credit card and not from your paypal balance

sameer_reddy, Nov 30, 2009 IP
    Digital_shubhi likes this.
  8. Digital_shubhi

Digital_shubhi Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Ya, thats a good advice. :)
    Then you can't lose your money at all. :cool:
    Use your CC only to pay then even if there is no money in the sellers account you will get your money back.

- Mr.President -

Digital_shubhi, Nov 30, 2009 IP