1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Native speaker but first time writing articles - need advice

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by MarkUSA, Nov 29, 2009.

Hi everyone,
    I am a native English speaker but this is the first time I am going to be writing articles for my site. The theme is Forex.
    Since the articles need to be written to drive SALES, I was wondering if there are some techniques I need to be aware of before I start?
    For example, if the article talks about "FAP Turbo", is there a maximum number of times I should repeat this product name in the article for best search engine ratings?
    How many articles could you write in a day on a specialized topic like Forex?
    Is there a list of catchy headlines that you use? For example: "Is ____(product name) a scam?", etc.
    Is it better to display all your articles on one page (blog) or display summaries where people can click on headlines and open a new page to view the entire article?
    Sorry if these questions sound silly but it's my first time writing articles :D
    Thanks!

MarkUSA, Nov 29, 2009 IP
  2. zaggernaut

zaggernaut Active Member

Best Answers:
    Since the articles need to be written to drive SALES, I was wondering if there are some techniques I need to be aware of before I start?
    Well, you can read tons of literature online about sales-copy writing. But if you're writing on your blog, try NOT to hard sell and keep pushing for a sale. Your blog post should aim to inform the reader from a neutral perspective. Remember, the first step in any sales-transaction is info-gathering.If you provide genuine and reliable info they'll begin to trust you and will buy eventually. Pre-sell don't hard-sell.

For example, if the article talks about "FAP Turbo", is there a maximum number of times I should repeat this product name in the article for best search engine ratings?
    Ezinearticle limits keyword-density to 2%, which is a good number to stick to. Though this is open for arguments, I have yet to find two marketers agreeing on a similar figure.

How many articles could you write in a day on a specialized topic like Forex?
    Depends on what you're trying to do. For a new blog, I'd say one a day for blog and once/twice a week to article directories will get you rolling.

Is there a list of catchy headlines that you use? For example: "Is ____(product name) a scam?", etc.
    Yes, of course. I, infact have a PDF with 101 headline examples. PM me your email, I'll mail you.

Is it better to display all your articles on one page (blog) or display summaries where people can click on headlines and open a new page to view the entire article?
    If the blog posts are under 150-200 words you better post full copy on the home page. If they are longer use the 'read more' tool to display only the teaser.

The forum here has some great guys who'll chip-in with advice I am sure. Keep your ears to the ground!

zaggernaut, Nov 29, 2009 IP
    coldstorm likes this.
  3. MarkUSA

MarkUSA Peon

Best Answers:
    Thank you, Zaggernaut, for the long answer!
    Could someone please answer a few questions that I still have?

How do you pick a niche/keywords when you promote affiliate products via articles? I was told there must be at least 3000 results in Google for the chosen keyword but not too much competition. Is this correct? What are your guidelines for picking keywords around which your article will be composed?
    How do you make sure your articles are "SEO optimized"?
    Do you use a tool to make sure your keyword density is below 2%? If so, which one?
    Thank you :)

MarkUSA, Nov 30, 2009 IP
  4. iajrz

iajrz Peon

Best Answers:
    I do it manually. Word counter (you can google word counter for online, free word counters) and manually count the keywords.
    (amount of keywords / total of words)*100
    Will tell you the density.

I do not know of a tool to do the whole job, just the word counters that tell you the total of words contained in a given text.

iajrz, Nov 30, 2009 IP
  5. zaggernaut

zaggernaut Active Member

Best Answers:
    Search Status firefox plugin can help you know keyword density of any keyword on a given webpage. But it wouldn't work of course on Word.

zaggernaut, Dec 1, 2009 IP
  6. Edward II

Edward II Peon

Best Answers:
    google for "keyword density" - it will provide you with a mass of such tools and it shouldn't be higher than 3-4%

Edward II, Dec 8, 2009 IP
  7. gvannorman

gvannorman Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    When it comest to keyword density I like to stick to 2% or 3% for any given keyword or keyword phrase. You really do not want to just go throwing keywords in there and have Google tag you as a spammer. Google and download Dupe Free Pro.

It is a great program that I use when re-writing articles and for keyword density.

Good Luck!

gvannorman, Dec 8, 2009 IP