1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Ways to get internet traffic

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by Johnny_wadd, Nov 28, 2009.

I have a website, it's only a few months old and I've got a lot of content on it. However what I don't have is a lot of traffic:-( Because my income is based at the moment primarily on adsense this is a problem. Now my promotion strategy is this...

1. New content everyday

2. Using pingler to ping it.

3.Writing articles and submitting to triond with my url.

4.Using easy submits for link building.

5. Twittering it + now adding it to digg each time I put new jobs on it.

Is there any other network I can add it to that will send me decent traffic? Or any other ways I can improve on my strategy? By the way, my site is a teaching job site. + are there any other ways I could easily monetize it?

P.s i'M A NOOB :)

Johnny_wadd, Nov 28, 2009 IP
  2. music1989

music1989 Active Member

Best Answers:
    try to buy traffic and trade link

music1989, Nov 28, 2009 IP
  3. Joelo

Joelo Active Member

Best Answers:
    One great and easy thing to do is to write articles based around popular keywords. Find some long-tail keywords that don't have a lot of competition but do get some traffic, then write articles using those keywords.

Use the Google Keywords tools to help and also Google Trends to find very popular topics which are being searched for right now.

When you start doing that, then you should start seeing some traffic from search engines for those keywords. Then what you can do is do more linking, but link to those specific articles using the keywords as the link anchor text.

Hope that helps.
    - Joel

Joelo, Nov 28, 2009 IP
  4. AmieMarse

AmieMarse Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey there :)

Don't worry about being a newb - everybody was once :) Anywho - another thing you can try is to focus on those keywords specifically. Some people try to rank high on everything related instead of carving out that niche. I realize it is a bit of a double edge sword when you are trying to get all the attention you can get but, in this game focus on one piece at a time.

Think of it this way - you are in a bar with a bunch of beautiful ladies. Yeah, it would be great to get attention from all of them... but even better to go home with one of them :)

Sorry, it's saturday night and I have had a couple but I think the concept still stands :)

AmieMarse, Nov 28, 2009 IP
  5. choice

choice Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Another good free way is to submit press releases about your website.

www.booshplr.com allows free submissions with 3 anchor text links in your post, takes around 5-10mins from time of approval for articles to appear in Google News gaining you backlinks and traffic

choice, Nov 29, 2009 IP
  6. Mely120

Mely120 Peon

Best Answers:
    If you are trying to figure out how to make money with Adsense then you should learn about keyword research and selection. You'll hear many different and often conflicting things about what keywords to use and how to get traffic but you won't find a method spelled out as clearly or delivered by internet marketing gurus with more integrity than Mark Butler and Court Tuttle.

They offer a course (it's really a community) called the Keyword Academy crash course. I knew nothing about internet marketing before starting with them almost a year ago and now make a steady income online through the techniques they teach. It's not a get rich quick scheme. They offer a white hat approach to selecting uncompetitive yet profitable keywords and tell you how to promote your sites to get organic Google traffic. The course includes 6 videos, monthly webinars, an amazing forum which includes expert members making a full time living through internet marketing, as well as link building and research tools that they are constantly developing.

The course costs $1 to try for the first month and $33 thereafter. I paid a $600 flat fee before they switched to an subscription model. The education and support you'll get will be the best investment you will ever make (talking from personal experience).

For more info see: http://thekeywordcrashcourse.info/

Mely120, Nov 29, 2009 IP
  7. Johnny_wadd

Johnny_wadd Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Some good info for me to chew over there. One point, what do you mean by using keyword anchors? Is that just inserting your url into the article?

My technique be it right or wrong would be to go to google keywords tool. Type in the word or phrase, for example... "teaching English Thailand" I'd then get a full screen full of related keywords. I'd then pick out the top ones and pepper my articles with them.

However, I kinda thought that using the top keywords I might be competing with the more seasoned sites eg the big players. Thus pushing me to the bottom of the pile in the search results. Is this so?

Anyways will keep on trying. And by the way could I get into trouble from google for using too many high ranking keywords? Kinda like keyword spamming?

Johnny_wadd, Nov 29, 2009 IP
  8. PPV Affiliate

PPV Affiliate Peon

Best Answers:
    I would say to pick one thing and stick with it for a while until you really have it down. The easiest thing might be writing articles. Make sure you are consistent with that...you can't just write a couple articles and sit back. Make a goal of writing x amount of articles per day and stick with it for a while.

PPV Affiliate, Nov 29, 2009 IP
  9. johnben1444

johnben1444 Peon

Best Answers:
    One thing you need to understand is that it takes time to build real traffic to a website even if you are using the best method out there.

However, you can keep writing articles and submitting it to article directories and blogs. Particiate in forums, if you can afford PPC, its a good way to get high traffic to your site quick.

johnben1444, Nov 29, 2009 IP
  10. Mely120

Mely120 Peon

Best Answers:
    Anchor text is the text that you turn into a hyperlink with your sites URL when building backlinks to your website. If you use the same anchor text all the time, you can get your site sandboxed.

You definitely need to know which keywords in the Adwords tool to choose. As you mentioned, many are too competitive and you won't have a chance competing against the big players who have already dominated that keyword and every variation of it.

The trick is choosing keywords that are not too competitive yet still profitable and varying your anchor text.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2009
    Mely120, Nov 29, 2009 IP
  11. MoviesP.com

MoviesP.com Peon

Best Answers:
    Do seo, and make your site on the first page for your keywords, choose a product related to your niche, and review for it.

MoviesP.com, Nov 30, 2009 IP
  12. emmadean

emmadean Peon

Best Answers:
    My advice is don't put ads yet to your website let the visitors think that you are serious to your work and not on adsense alone. Until such time that you could have enough traffic then you could put minimal ads to your website.

emmadean, Nov 30, 2009 IP
  13. InBiz

InBiz Peon

Best Answers:
    From my experience, buying traffic never worked. It will bring traffic, but you won't "quality" traffic because they are redirected from other domains and your contents are unexpected. Visitors who search for contents you have and find themselves to your site are considered "quality" traffic.

When you write contents, maybe you can try submitted some articles to EzineArticles.com People on those sites search for articles that may be related to your site and find themselves to your site. That's quality traffic.

InBiz, Nov 30, 2009 IP
  14. Milo Huerta

Milo Huerta Peon

Best Answers:
    Try writing content specially designed to attract social media traffic. Than submit to all social network and bookmark websites. Even a proper article submitted to StumbleUpon and targeted towards that kind of audience will bring you 1000s of visitors for months to come.

Milo Huerta, Nov 30, 2009 IP
  15. webagentspro

webagentspro Guest

Best Answers:
    Submit to search engines - all of them, not just the majors.
    Get links to your site from others - Backlinks.
    Post on blogs and forums - make sure you post informative and useful replies, not hard sell or "nice post" type comments.
    High quality unique content and promote it widely - ezine article marketing etc
    Try doing a joint venture with someone with a high traffic site.
    Get social - join groups on Facebook, set up a Twitter feed, create a network on Linked in etc.

It is important to remember that nothing is instantaneous and it takes time and effort to drive traffic. Even with a big budget, it isn't always easy.

webagentspro, Dec 1, 2009 IP
  16. uday11

uday11 Active Member

Best Answers:
    your strategy of getting traffic is gud.......i would suggest you to go with stumbleupon.com.....here u can get gud traffic if u built up gud network........participating in forums.....if ur working on blog...den BLOGCATALOG.COM is also gud site for improving traffic.....

uday11, Dec 1, 2009 IP
  17. dtrainer

dtrainer Peon

Best Answers:
    Maybe you could find the forum that is related to your website and keep posting short notes, updates or help users.

dtrainer, Dec 1, 2009 IP
  18. Dima1rx

Dima1rx Peon

Best Answers:
    So I found that PPC is one of the surest ways to guarantee the success of your campaign. If your site looks professional PPC can do wonders.
    The trick is to think a bit outside the box.
    There are other search engines besides Google, obviously it is the most widely used one, and will probably get you the best results. But for these same reasons it will cost you an arm and a leg.
    So I'd say try some other search engines. Yahoo, Bing, MSN, 7search, and there are plenty more.
    They will be cheaper and the traffic will be different than what you would find on Google.

Good Luck, hope this helps

Dima1rx, Dec 1, 2009 IP
  19. Johnny_wadd

Johnny_wadd Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Wow that's given me a lot to think about, thanks. Because my site is new and I deal with offering jobs for free, I'm about to go into phase 2 of my plan this week. Phase 2 being that I have over 100 email addresses of companies and agencies who could post their job adverts on my site, all for free of course! This will help me with..

1. More free Content

2.Get my site known to at least 100 more people

However having sat down and thought about this for a while, it brings a few things to mind...

1. Content being posted on my site might not be original

2. I will probably have a lot of editing to do, in order to make it original to my site.

3. My mass email with only one url link to my site, would it be considered spammy? I'm not trying to sell just offering a free service.

Johnny_wadd, Dec 1, 2009 IP
  20. eauncarter

eauncarter Active Member

Best Answers:
    The best thing to do to increase traffic to your site is to do some kind of free giveaways. I think it too also adds a lot to build traffics

eauncarter, Dec 1, 2009 IP