1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Transitioning to Windows 7

Discussion in 'Bing' started by JamesRichardson, Nov 10, 2009.

I am currently running the 64 bit version of vista on a computer that is about a year and a half old, would there be any problems with transitioning to 7? Is it even worth it?

JamesRichardson, Nov 10, 2009 IP
  2. Bohra

Bohra Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Its a good idea to shift u will get better performance.. but if u are happy with vista u can stay with it for a while its not like its a security update

Bohra, Nov 11, 2009 IP
  3. gameutopia

gameutopia Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't have vista to compare it to, but compared to xp I'm liking it a lot more. If you could snag one of them edu college upgrades for $30 it's a good deal. Otherwise it starts at something like $120 for upgrade depending on what version you are looking for. Full versions even more. If you are happy and content with vista no need to rush out and get it. But for me my old xp computer was just getting old and slow, so I just decided to put it out of it's misery, it served me well for almost 8 years.

gameutopia, Nov 11, 2009 IP
  4. jackbauer111

jackbauer111 Peon

Best Answers:
    x64 is better becouse you can get better performance. I have x86 and only 3.20GB of RAM (4Gb installed) So better use x64 if you have stronger computer

jackbauer111, Nov 28, 2009 IP
  5. Lanarkshire IT Services

Lanarkshire IT Services Guest

Best Answers:
    Hi There

Create a Vista and W7 dual boot environment and see. Pretty easy to setup - just borrow some space from your Vista partition and install W7 on it.

Any questions just ask!

Regards

Lanarkshire IT Services, Nov 28, 2009 IP
  6. RazorGlacier

RazorGlacier Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I've upgraded three of my computers to windows 7, and every single one of them has seen improvement. However, be careful if you have the Acer Timeline as some models have had troubles carrying over drivers.

RazorGlacier, Nov 28, 2009 IP
  7. gabblet

gabblet Peon

Best Answers:
    you can upgrade to 64bit Win 7.. and trust me you wont ever regret after upgrade... its really good..

gabblet, Nov 28, 2009 IP