1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Quality copywriting for website

Discussion in 'Services' started by z4z3, Jul 20, 2006.

Hi,folks
    Several friends and I run this traffic site: http://z4z3.com ,we have creative ideas and the site traffic increases very fast.That give us every confidence to make it bigger and bigger!
    Now we need a good copywriter to heighten the whole text contents of faq.asp and ad.asp at z4z3.com to make our site looking more professional,credible and attractive.
    You can send portion of edited text and quoted price to for further cooperation.We would like to pay high reward for quality copywriting. Thanks.

z4z3, Jul 20, 2006 IP
  2. Keith Taylor

Keith Taylor Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Sent you an e-mail.

Keith Taylor, Jul 20, 2006 IP
  3. highflyer

highflyer Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I've emailed you the edited text. Cheers!

highflyer, Jul 21, 2006 IP
  4. z4z3

z4z3 Guest

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Hi, highflyer
    What is your email?

z4z3, Jul 21, 2006 IP
  5. highflyer

highflyer Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I'm guessing you figured it out! =P

Anyways, if you've lost it or something its [removed email address]. And i've replied to the email you sent!

highflyer, Jul 22, 2006 IP
  6. highflyer

highflyer Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Completed the work for this guy a LONG time ago. Still no payment, even though he claims the site has been "re-designed." He basically took the edited text i sent in - made it worse - and used it.

Z please refer to my post in this thread. http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=123211

I'm sick of playing this game. I dont really care if you pay me now or not, since its not a huge amount, but i would like to warn other members of DP to not deal with you in the future, since you really can't keep your word.

highflyer, Aug 19, 2006 IP
    Keith Taylor likes this.
  7. z4z3

z4z3 Guest

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    "No payment" ?
    highflyer, dare you write out your Paypal account which received my prepaid payment from here? So I can post the screenshot of this payment, then everyone can see whether I have paid you or not. I have claimed to pay for quality copywriting only,highflyer knew and agreed to that.Yes,highflyer sent me a perfunctory 'quality' copywriting which costed me much time to reedit. Everyone can see some portion of highflyer's 'quality' work below and judge whether I should publish these corrupt and grandiloquent words on my site,and whether I should waste my money on them. I am very serious about the content of my site, but highflyer just made a quick and 'quality' copywriting for me,then asked for the rest payment again and again. I had to tell highflyer many times that I was painful to reedit his 'quality' work which has eaten off lots of my time and energy. Only when the final text is finished, then I will be able to figure out how much I should pay and send highflyer the rest money,it is fair and highflyer agreed.
    highflyer,see the words you have posted here! It really hurts me. I will pay off the remaining several bucks,that is not much for me at all, but highflyer you must apologize here for your twisting what has happened between us and ruining my reputation. highflyer, you make me feel sick and angry!

Some of the great 'quality' copywriting highflyer has made for me:
    "The system is more productive then any traffic exchange program."
    "Traffic Exchange platforms and SEO are a perfect example of the more complicated and unrewarding methods."
    "Since SEO has become so common, it will take you a relatively long time and demand a greater effort, to harvest plentiful traffic. There also exist countless risks of being penalized and losing traffic."
    "Our highly-qualified staff is monitoring the site at all times, and once a cheater is caught, their account will be closed and the user banned from further usage. If you are caught cheating, or using other unfair methods, your account will be deleted without warning and will not be eligible for a refund." -I must delete all this nonsense!

z4z3, Aug 21, 2006 IP
  8. Mike S.

Mike S. Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Some grammer errors still exist on your Terms and Conditions page. As a website offering service, you should fix these errors as soon as possible to show your professionalism.

If you ever say his, use his/her not his(her). It is implied that you are calling your clients that are males as females.

If you ever place soemthing within (), place a space between that character and the word preceeding it.

Place a space between commas and the next word.

Change this:
    If there is not an image uploaded during the registration process,'Website Name' and 'Description' will be displayed instead of the image.

To this:
    If an image is not uploading during the registration process, "Website Name" and "Description" will be displayed where the image is supposed to be displayed.

There might be a few more fixes, but I have to go. Good Luck.

Mike S., Aug 21, 2006 IP
  9. highflyer

highflyer Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    That's the thing. Z didn't use any of the text i copy-edited, but used distorted versions of it.

Oh and about the payment. I told everyone that you did pay me $2: http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?p=1289333#post1289333. You want to show them that screenshot go ahead. Where's the rest of the money?

I don't want to go into this with you. You can sit and take my text, distort it, highlight errors which aren't even errors - and then claim that i am not a quality copy-writer. I dont need to prove my abilities to anyone, but i have enough clients who can vouch for the quality of my work.

Like i said, if you had a problem with the text, you should have either asked me to do a re-edit, and fix the problem areas - OR you should have said that you were disappointed (which has never happened before) and that you wouldn't use any of the text i sent in.

Anyway, i dont want your money. And i'm definately not going to make any apologies since im not the one in the wrong here. If anything, you should just apologise (actually i dont even need that) and move on.

P.S. If you really thought it was nonsense why did you ask me time and time again to copy-edit more pages for you while praising me for being a "quality copy-writer"

highflyer, Aug 21, 2006 IP
  10. Keith Taylor

Keith Taylor Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    It seems, z4z3, as if you have gone about resolving this problem poorly.

Here's the way it should work: you commission a writer to do your rewrite at a reasonable price. If you have any problems with the submitted work you return to the writer and point out the areas of the work you are not satisfied with (or, 'which which you are unsatisfied', depending on how grammatically anal the reader may be :) ). The writer then goes back and amends the text to fit your brief.

Instead of returning to the writer and asking for an edit, it seems you insisted on doing the edit yourself:

By choosing to edit the work yourself you have accepted that highflyer's work is done, whether or not you were fully satisfied. You should then have paid the balance for the job.

Not wishing in any way to impugn highflyer's talents, but for $30 you can't possibly expect world-class copy. The average page of content on a commercial site is expected to cost $300, after all. If you were truly serious about the quality of your content you would have paid a reasonable rate that reflected the time necessary to do a bang-up job, and damn the expense. By hiring a writer for a 1,300 word rewrite at $30 you should accept that you will probably have to polish up the words a little.

Forgetting all of that, the problem you now have is that you are using highflyer's text (albeit a distorted version) on your site. Since you have not yet paid the balance for the work highflyer still owns the copyright over that text.

Whether you are satisfied with her work or not, you owe $28 (or whatever the remaining balance may be). Simple as that. In future, if you would like to maintain a good reputation on these boards, you should deal in a more professional manner and communicate your issues better with your writers.

Keith Taylor, Aug 21, 2006 IP
  11. highflyer

highflyer Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Exactly. People here don't understand that you get what you pay for.
    In this case, he said that they were starting out and couldn't afford to pay so mcuh- and seeing that it was a relatively simple job - i agreed to do it at a throw away price as a favour. Yes, i was being naive.
    I DID NOT let this effect the quality of my work in any way because in the end, i have a conscience, and im very serious about my work since its a representation of my skills.

I guess this is what you get for being considerate. All in all, i've decided not to compromise with my rates again, because if someone has a problem paying for quality work - its probably best not to write for them at all.

highflyer, Aug 22, 2006 IP
    MattBeard likes this.
  12. DarrenC

DarrenC Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Can I just say here that highflyer has worked on a number of projects for me and I have been exceptionally happy with the quality of the work undertaken - all written to a good standard, and unique content.

Communication has never been a problem, and if this z4z3 has had a problem with the work undertaken, I know for certain that highflyer would have made the necessary changes the client required, because he has done exactly that for me.

DarrenC, Aug 22, 2006 IP
  13. terryuk

terryuk Notable Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I can vouch that HighFlyer is good, he is quick and excellent writer

terryuk, Aug 22, 2006 IP
  14. Grafstein

Grafstein Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Its obvious to a lot of people that highflyer done the work nice and good,so why dont you take this fabricated crappy little story elsewhere.

Grafstein, Aug 22, 2006 IP
  15. Mike S.

Mike S. Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I do have to admit though, highflyer, you should have checked your work with the then situation, but everything else appears that you didn't know how else to word it, and all z4z3 had to do was ask for you to revise that portion of your work. Since you completed the work, and were not asked to make revisions, you are entitled to your payment. If he told you that he reconsidered hiring you, and hired somebody else, you wouldn't be, but he just took what you wrote, and revised it in a sloppy manner. No kudos to you z3z4.

Mike S., Aug 22, 2006 IP
  16. issh

issh Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Isnt't all this affecting both of you negatively. If I was searching for a copywriter and i stumbled upon this "catfight", it would lead me to decide not to hire "highflyer" in case i upset him/her. Although the testimonials from other highly-rated posters do push the favour towards him/her, I wouldn't use either of your services. Just my opinion! Sorry to butt in!

issh, Aug 22, 2006 IP