1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Direct Linking Strategy - I.E. Google Cash Detective

Discussion in 'Google AdWords' started by chackett, Mar 8, 2009.

Hello All,

I'm sure many of you are on the lists that are promoting Chris Carpenters Google Cash method, which is re-visiting the strategy of direct linking Clickbank products from AdWords.

I thought Google didn't allow affiliate links in either the display URL or Target URL? Am I mistaken?

Is direct linking really as simple as just making the display URL the the url of the merchant and the target URL your affiliate hoplink? I guess that's where my confusion is. That the target url and the display url won't have the same domain.

Can some explain to me how direct linking to clickbank affiliate products works wit AdWords?

chackett, Mar 8, 2009 IP
  2. dave.arison

dave.arison Peon

Best Answers:
    Google does not allow that the same URL will appear more than once in AdWord ads on the same page.

For example if two affiliate promote the same offer with direct linking only the better ad will appear.

Google measures the ad relevance and CTR and the account and campaign QS.

This the stragiht answer.

Now there are affiliates that use redirect services or frames that don't change the url on the address bar.
    That way they can promote the same product and still appear in the same page although it's the same offer.

Because the URL is different Google automatic system can not detect it.

But All the Adwords ad are reviewed from to time and this kind of ads will get disapprove when a human will review it.

In conclusion in order to promote direct linking you can:

Be the best AdWords ad on the "block" or use redirect of frames.

dave.arison, Mar 8, 2009 IP
  3. Fox30

Fox30 Member

Best Answers:
    There are some tricks to direct linking. One of them is setting up a framed redirect. It's a great way to test out a campaign and see if it will convert before setting up a landing page.

You can't do it for very long though, maybe a couple of weeks at most. Google will catch it eventually and shut down your campaign.

Fox30, Mar 10, 2009 IP
  4. enginez

enginez Peon

Best Answers:
    You asked:
    Is direct linking really as simple as just making the display URL the the url of the merchant and the target URL your affiliate hoplink? I guess that's where my confusion is. That the target url and the display url won't have the same domain.

The answer is YES, it really is that simple. No need for frames or redirects. As long as the Display URL matches where the ClickBank link ends up, you'll be fine.

The difficulty lies in making money. Everyone who ever bought Carpenter's course, and the myriad of similar courses are your competition - and a lot of them are idiots, meaning they will cause your CPC to rise to the point of losing money.

My advice: don't waste your time promoting ClickBank, the competition is too fierce. Look for something less well known.

enginez, Mar 10, 2009 IP
  5. alanl

alanl Peon

Best Answers:
    You can make money with just about any offer including ClickBank stuff by direct linking and some tricks associated with it. You just have to think outside the box, let me say that again...think outside the box, with your keywords and not bid on the most obvious words.

You could prolly spend a million bucks by bidding on "make money online" and not earn a dime cause it's so saturated there. Think about why people want to make money online and you're half way there, then just add a dash of a totally screwed economy and the words will start popping into your head. There are all sorts of reasons people are looking to buy stupid ebooks.

When everyone is heading in the same direction, go the other way.

alanl, Mar 10, 2009 IP
  6. msubmission

msubmission Active Member

Best Answers:
    Chris Carpenter has explained this in many videos.
    You can indeed put affiliate links in display or destination url.
    Google never said they need display url and target url to be the same.
    Their condition is.....Your display url should give clear idea about the landing page.
    Their other condition is.... If there are more than one advertisers for similar display url, the ad which have more rank as compared with other will be shown.

And normally the owner of the affiliate product is always in the market.He gets 100% price of the product(affiliate gets only commission).As both the owner and affiliate are promoting same DISPLAY URL their quality score is the same.So naturally the one bids more will have high rank for his ad in this case.The owner affords to bid high on the keywords than other affiliates.

And this is why normally the ads of owners of the affiliate product are shown for that same display url.
    But there are few product owners who give different landing page to different affiliates to avoid bidding war but this is very rare.

msubmission, Mar 13, 2009 IP
  7. robertpriolo

robertpriolo Peon

Best Answers:
    yes direct link campaigns are still possible as long as you use the display url. Problem is that many affiliates are also trying to promote the same products using the direct linking method because they are too lazy to make landing pages causing a bidding war and inflating the cpc bid prices.

If you want to promote clickbank products as a direct link campaign you are probably going to have lots of problems competing with other affiliate attempting to do the same thing. CB has a very limited selection of product and a very massive affiliate base, causing lots of inflated CPC's and bidding wars.

If you really want to do direct link campaigns I recommend finding affiliate products which are not saturated with lots of newbies and marketers who follow the masses.

robertpriolo, Mar 13, 2009 IP
  8. lildre123

lildre123 Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey I'm into direct linking but i buy more of chris X's guides and programs than chris C!
    I bought 10 different accounts of google shadow for me and my friends but now we have made our own software version of it with hell loads of learning but we did it alltogether as i have been doing programming for about 5 years!
    so i want to sell all my google shadow accounts for $20 each for a lifetime, your saving a lot compared to the $67+ a month they're asking for!

I accept paypal only!

i have proof videos that they all work, to find out more add me on msn or just leave an email at affiliates123@live.co.uk,
    Andre

lildre123, Mar 14, 2009 IP
  9. vesparich

vesparich Peon

Best Answers:
    Landing pages = more money over time, more control, more longevity.

vesparich, Mar 14, 2009 IP
  10. msubmission

Best Answers:
    You need to put it in your signature buddy.We are talking about something else in here

msubmission, Mar 16, 2009 IP
  11. msubmission

Best Answers:
    Actually Google Cash Detective launched its Free Trial so now anyone can try it for free and see how it is and form your own opinions about it :)

msubmission, Jun 8, 2009 IP
  12. Curt92

Curt92 Peon

Best Answers:
    Curt92, Nov 11, 2009 IP
  13. tony-wood

tony-wood Peon

Best Answers:
    why direct link?
    if you can success from direct link,so to landing page yourself.
    stats data is very important,but use direct link, what can you get?

tony-wood, Nov 21, 2009 IP
  14. BigBrother

BigBrother Peon

Best Answers:
    direct-link great to test the water. else, you might be wasting your time building hundreds of landing page that might not giving results as you initially expected.

BigBrother, Nov 23, 2009 IP
  15. popoguy

popoguy Peon

Best Answers:
    Do your guys have ebook on this subject to share?
    Or just PM :)

popoguy, Nov 25, 2009 IP
  16. renee78

renee78 Peon

Best Answers:
    what if my website doesn't pertain to the product i want to promote? is there still away around it still using my website, then forward to the product affiliate page?

renee78, Nov 30, 2009 IP
  17. msubmission

Best Answers:
    The very famous Google Cash Ebook is being given away for free.

msubmission, Dec 11, 2009 IP