1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Should the Advertiser be the Wwner of the Destination URL?

Discussion in 'Google AdWords' started by Alevoor, Nov 22, 2009.

I have scheduled an adwords campaign but have certain issues to get clarified now. I hope some of you, experienced hands can clarify. Thanks in advance.

Here is it.

I am an affiliate wanting to use the vendor's URLs for both Display URL and Destination URLs to direct the traffic straight to his site instead of mine. Is it allowed legally by Adwords' TOS?

I am holding the campaign for this one point.

Alevoor

Alevoor, Nov 22, 2009 IP
  2. Lucid Web Marketing

Lucid Web Marketing Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, it is allowed. In fact, recommended since you cannot have what they call bridge pages anymore (landing page with affiliate links).

Lucid Web Marketing, Nov 22, 2009 IP
  3. brada7x

brada7x Active Member

Best Answers:
    I tried using the product URL as my display URL and my ad was "disapproved".

I turned around and switched it to my own destination URL and it was approved.

Maybe I had a stroke of bad luck? I'd really like to use the product URL.

brada7x, Nov 22, 2009 IP
  4. Alevoor

Alevoor Active Member

Best Answers:
    I like the same thing to do too.

Now campaign is approved but still there are no impressions. I am waiting - fingers crossed

Alevoor, Nov 23, 2009 IP
  5. CBMP-Trax

CBMP-Trax Peon

Best Answers:
    The reason you probably got disapproved is because there is for sure more than one person direct linking to the same page... Google does not like that! You're probably going to have to use your own domain and forward it to the publishers site.

CBMP-Trax, Nov 23, 2009 IP
  6. 1advnet

1advnet Peon

Best Answers:
    In my opionion, direct linking is good for testing a market.
    If it were me, I would test with direct linking. Once I proved the market is working...I would then get my own dowmain and build a landing page. I would build an optin list so I can sell multiple products to. That way my adwords campaign is only to get a lead. You see the vendor is giving you 50-70% commission as an affiliate because they are selling many products to the customer you bring them. If you build a list, then you get to sell multiple products.

Thats my thoughs
    Greg

1advnet, Nov 23, 2009 IP
  7. Lucid Web Marketing

Lucid Web Marketing Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    While Google will only show one ad at one time for one domain, you won't get disapproved for it.

Lucid Web Marketing, Nov 23, 2009 IP
  8. Alevoor

Alevoor Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, it's true. I found it at their TOS page, My ads are running and I got my first sale too. But you know what? Strangely, the first sale is not from adwords but from a direct visitor to my sales page.:p

By the way, I had to increase my bids much beyond the Google suggested "first page bid", but still impressions are pretty less, any idea why?

Alevoor, Nov 23, 2009 IP
  9. Posts721

Posts721 Peon

Best Answers:
    what r u talking about the best way to advertise with adwords is having a landing page with your affiliate link on it.. So that way you can have a better quality score..
    You need optimize your landing page with good content so google will love it... Then throw your affiliate link on it..

Posts721, Nov 24, 2009 IP
  10. Alevoor

Alevoor Active Member

Best Answers:
    Sounds like you are right. But for some reason, my landing page is not even in the 30th page despite my best efforts with onpage optimization and good link building. Strangely, the pages I haven't optimized for that particular Keyword are just about to hit the first page on Google.

Not sure why but I cracked my head over it, built more links, changed the entire content then rewrote it all over again and as if it was not enough, redid the page design - all the while keeping the onpage optimization at my best.

Anybody has any idea? Hope Google is not conspiring against me :confused:

Alevoor, Nov 25, 2009 IP