1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to Effectively Use Social Media to Market my Website?

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by StocksonWallStreet.net, Nov 22, 2009.

So I have a decently successful stock blog called http://stocksonwallstreet.net/. I have been running it for a little less than 9 months and traffic numbers have been quite strong, what I am wondering is how I can effectively use Social Media to grow my traffic numbers. I have a Facebook, Youtube, Google Wave, Digg, Stumble, Twitter Accounts, etc yet I don't think I effecivelty use them to their full potential. Any advice on what I should be doing would be great.

StocksonWallStreet.net, Nov 22, 2009 IP
  2. Mr.Anderson

Mr.Anderson Peon

Best Answers:
    I would get some good followers in your niche and then post links to article and info that thet will find useful and every other link or so should be a link to your sales page.

Mr.Anderson, Nov 22, 2009 IP
  3. StocksonWallStreet.net

StocksonWallStreet.net Active Member

Best Answers:
    Ok so give them quality information and then start to send out sales info.

StocksonWallStreet.net, Nov 23, 2009 IP
  4. fbwebmaster

fbwebmaster Peon

Best Answers:
    fbwebmaster, Nov 23, 2009 IP
  5. ramerika

ramerika Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I noticed you're using wordpress for the blog...install the wordtwit & FT-Facepress plugins so that whenever you update your blog with new posts your twitter and facebook pages are updated with links to the blog posts. I did that with my old stock blog, formerly optionhustler.com which I no longer own, back in march and saw it go from 50 visitors per day to over 500 per day. Keep in mind to build your followers on twitter and create a fan page for the site on facebook as this will help increase the number of visitors with those plugins I mentioned.

Also when setting up your wordtwit plugin make sure you have the post that updates on twitter has 2 dollar signs ($$) at the end of the post. So not only will your post be on your twitter but it will also be on a twitter related stock site called http://www.stocktwits.com. After doing this I noticed the visitors and bookmarks increased ten-fold, as well as, I gained tons of new backlinks as more people started seeing the site as an expert site about stock options as I'm sure they'll do yours after looking it over. Hopefully this helps you out and if you have any questions feel free to hit me up anytime.

ramerika, Nov 23, 2009 IP
  6. BadBoyzStudioZ

BadBoyzStudioZ Peon

Best Answers:
    Tempe AZ huh? I live in Peoria AZ. Cool.

BadBoyzStudioZ, Nov 23, 2009 IP
  7. StocksonWallStreet.net

Best Answers:
    Yup just a student at Arizona State, yourself?

8. StocksonWallStreet.net

Best Answers:
    Thanks that is a huge help, curious into why you decided to stop your blog?

9. ramerika

Best Answers:
    lol good question...i get bored with sites quick so its easy for me to make a blog, build them up and sell them. I sold optionhustler back in april/may on here. I have 3 new blogs i'm building up the same way i did that one using the same strategy i mentioned using twitter and facebook. They've been up for 3 days and 2 of them are getting over 450 visitors daily and 1 getting over 200 visitors a day. Now I'm going to focus on building up the backlinks to the blogs.

10. ittech

ittech Peon

Best Answers:
    Thats for the stock niche blog, what if I makes another niche blog let say tech? Any good tips using social bookmark?

ittech, Nov 23, 2009 IP
  11. ramerika

Best Answers:
    not sure if they're any spinoff tech twitter sites like stocktwits but you can use the same plugins if you use wordpress and you'll see similar success with increased visitors. The main focus is to use those 2 plugins and build up your followers on twitter and I recommend creating a fb fan page and build up the fanbase on it. The fastest way to build fanbase on fb is to do a fb ad for up to $100 at a decent cpm (dont do ppc) you should easily see double digit thousands become fans. This is what major companies are doing on fb except their budgets are in the thousands of dollars and not hundreds or double digits like ours would be.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2009
  12. arnoldsmithh

arnoldsmithh Peon

Best Answers:
    In social bookmarking increase your friends circle. Bookmark other website pages and also your pages so it will be effective for marketing your website or blog of website. You can use facebook to market your website effectively by creating a fan page of your website or product. Ask your friends to join the page and send updates to people in form of new links or updates.

arnoldsmithh, Nov 24, 2009 IP
  13. StocksonWallStreet.net

Best Answers:
    Thanks will look into starting a facebook campaign

StocksonWallStreet.net, Nov 24, 2009 IP
  14. ittech

ittech Peon

Best Answers:
    Thx guys, really good information here. I'll try using those two plugin, hope they will help me increase more traffic...

ittech, Nov 25, 2009 IP
  15. vishnu4ever

vishnu4ever Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanx guys...as a newbie, i'm really happy to come across the topics u've discussed. And i'll surely try these things for my blog too....:)

vishnu4ever, Nov 25, 2009 IP
  16. StocksonWallStreet.net

Best Answers:
    Ya I feel all of these tips will help lead to much more traffic towards my website.

StocksonWallStreet.net, Nov 25, 2009 IP
  17. roundpeg

roundpeg Peon

Best Answers:
    The most important word in social media is social... Remember to connect to people first. Then you earn the right to deliver advertising messages.

roundpeg, Jun 8, 2011 IP
  18. nursadewa

nursadewa Active Member

Best Answers:
    is it enough to just reproduce a friend could increase the number of visitors to our website?

nursadewa, Jun 15, 2011 IP
  19. bongted

bongted Peon

Best Answers:
    what you gonna do first is you must make your fanpages/twitter account looks professional, like a good design . they will think you are a pro . and then you must be make a good content or articles that really good so they love to read it . they will told to them friends that your website is great . don't forget the most important thing, the differentiator . what makes you different between you and your competitor .

bongted, Jun 16, 2011 IP
  20. anthonycarusojr

anthonycarusojr Peon

Best Answers:
    thefacebookmarketingguide .com

anthonycarusojr, Jun 16, 2011 IP