1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Bing Search Engine Optimization

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by danger, Nov 21, 2009.

Bing has better conversion ratio as compared to Google. However, Bing gets low traffic share as compared to Google, but if you get some click from Bing then it will turn in lead ( on most of the occasions).

The best thing about Bing is that it has a better user interface and gives you a feel of FRESHNESS every single day.

Instead of focusing your optimization entirely on Google, one must concentrate on gaining rankings on other search engines including Bing and Yahoo.

Google Click Fraud rate (on PPC) is far much higher as compared to Bing/Yahoo.

Bing gives preference to few parameters listed below:-

1) Domain Age - Bing gives preference to the age of your domain. Google also gives preference to domain age.

2) On-Page/Off-Page Optimization - Bing gives more preference to On-Page optimization. However, Google gives more preference to off-page optimization. It is best to carefullly do on-page optimization and make sure your keyword density does not go overboard.

Among various on-page optimization factors, TITLE is the most important one. If your keywords are listed in the TITLE then you will get higher rankings on both Google and Bing.

Do share your experience of Bing V/S Google

danger, Nov 21, 2009 IP
  2. Klutze

Klutze Peon

Best Answers:
    I would suggest optimizing for Google, then the smaller search engines will eventually follow.

Klutze, Nov 22, 2009 IP
  3. Denver SEO

Denver SEO Peon

Best Answers:
    Agreed. There has not been one project that we have worked on where this has not happened. With Bing only getting 10% of searches or whatever stats they have come up with today, it does not make too much sense to focus on Bing. I would rather focus on Google and let the smaller guys follow, they always do.

Lately it seems that Yahoo has put huge emphasis on Keyword Rich Domains. Ultimately this does not lead to the best search results as it is pretty easy to misdirect this way. Has anyone else noticed this with Yahoo?

Denver SEO, Nov 22, 2009 IP
  4. jose

jose Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Bing focuses on keywords in the URLs more than google

jose, Nov 22, 2009 IP
  5. taminder

taminder Peon

Best Answers:
    especially since Google is the biggest competition. all search engines are trying to steal their searchers & webmasters

taminder, Nov 22, 2009 IP
  6. uksmf

uksmf Peon

Best Answers:
    SEO for Google the rest drop it to place nice and simple that way

Regards

Dave

uksmf, Nov 22, 2009 IP
  7. wp-digital

wp-digital Peon

Best Answers:
    Based on my experienced in my previous website campaign, i noticed that when i rank a particular keyword in Google page 1. These 2 Search Engines Yahoo and Bing bring my keyword in page 1 as well.

Anyone here agree?

wp-digital, Nov 22, 2009 IP
  8. Traffic-Bug

Traffic-Bug Active Member

Best Answers:
    I havent looked at it as Bing vs Google optimization. Individual search engine results may vary, but the SEO is the same. Thats what I am doing so far - to make it easy for any search engine to find, index and rank your website - thats the goal for any SEO.

Traffic-Bug, Nov 22, 2009 IP