1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

My First Clickbank Sale

Discussion in 'ClickBank' started by ironjb39, Nov 19, 2009.

I actually made my first sale today. I was beginning to think this affiliate thing was hopeless for me and I was about to give up, just like I did a year ago. I always have the problem of buying the clickbank products I plan on selling, not very fun. I actually used one clickbank product to help bring in the traffic to make my first sale. Check it out if you like. Thanks to the other forum members for keeping me interested.

ironjb39, Nov 19, 2009 IP
  2. peteract

peteract Peon

Best Answers:
    I got my first (and so far only) sale from CB this week.

A whole $23.50!

Still, it keeps me motivated to carry on

peteract, Nov 19, 2009 IP
  3. stephen082

stephen082 Active Member

Best Answers:
    That's good, but you must be aware that Affiliate Links are not allowed in posts. :eek::eek:

stephen082, Nov 20, 2009 IP
  4. terryd

terryd Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Nice job on the sale but posting your affiliate link is plain dumb and rather spammy don't you think???

terryd, Nov 20, 2009 IP
  5. Smitten

Smitten Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The kind of traffic you get from PPV is made up of people who want to make a few CENTS in their spare HOURS by browsing random pages. This is highly untargeted traffic that puts forth visitors who are very unlikely to even look at your pages, let alone buy anything. That's why it's so cheap.

You know what else is cheap? Trying to hook up CB sales in a forum that's populated with CB affiliates. OP has a really big, really cheap and ugly "CLUELESS" sign in his virtual forehead.

Smitten, Nov 20, 2009 IP
  6. affiliatenewbie

affiliatenewbie Peon

Best Answers:
    STOP selling ICE to ESKIMOS.Dear ,kindly Remove your Link It is stinking.

affiliatenewbie, Nov 20, 2009 IP
  7. Nanashi

Nanashi Peon

Best Answers:
    @OP: So in other words, you're hoping someone will see you've (allegedly) made a sale using Mass PPV and hop onboard, buying through your affiliate link. You should at least give an overview of the program- if you actually own it then it won't take long to tell what worked for you, what didn't, and why people should buy it. My $0.02.

@ Smitten: Small scale traffic exchanges and PTC sites work like that, but my guess is the OP's blatantly promoted product is attempting to teach about larger networks that do PPV- places like Adbrite where your website pops up in between a normal searcher's browsing a website that is in the Content Network of said advertiser. Example of a PPV from one of these networks: [​IMG]

Nanashi, Nov 20, 2009 IP
  8. Smitten

Smitten Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    @nanashi: hmm.... I see, we're talking interstitial context-related ads. Now, THAT's actually not a bad idea, no sir! Have you experimented with this method?

Smitten, Nov 20, 2009 IP
  9. Nanashi

Nanashi Peon

Best Answers:
    Yah, ran a CPA offer a couple weeks ago; spent 5 bucks for about 500 page views using Adbrite. Only got 2 leads paying out at $1.30 per lead though. -$2.40:(. But then I went back and realized the pages they ran the ad on weren't at all targeted to my landing page, so I should've explored the targetting options more, but, meh.

Nanashi, Nov 20, 2009 IP
  10. peteract

peteract Peon

Best Answers:
    Affiliate marketing is like any other form of selling - 20% will make money, 80% won't. Affiliate marketing is not an easy way to make money, but it is a cheap way.
    The hard bit comes in promoting your affiliate link through article marketing, SEO research and all the rest of it.
    Without constant promotion you won't get any clicks.

peteract, Nov 20, 2009 IP
  11. floodrod

floodrod Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    From what i heard, much less than 20% make sales.

floodrod, Nov 21, 2009 IP
  12. smile633

smile633 Peon

Best Answers:
    First sales are great memories and wonderful motivators! Keep going!

smile633, Nov 21, 2009 IP
  13. CBMP-Trax

CBMP-Trax Peon

Best Answers:
    Congrats guys it's only the beginning now work harder to get some more sales in...

CBMP-Trax, Nov 22, 2009 IP
  14. infomarker50

infomarker50 Member

Best Answers:
    It's all about persistence. Also there isn't anything wrong with asking for a review copy of your product. If you are serious about promoting it then it's worth reviewing. I know I give them to affilaites. Hopefully that will keep your up front costs down.

infomarker50, Nov 22, 2009 IP