1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Alive Web Directory is Back in SERPs (AliveDirectory.com)

Discussion in 'Directories' started by hyper, Nov 22, 2009.

It is still PR0 but it is back in SERPs.
    Good to see it flying again :)

Do you know any other web directories that recovered from SERP penalties ? :)

hyper, Nov 22, 2009 IP
  2. pipes

pipes Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    pipes, Nov 22, 2009 IP
  3. xc06

xc06 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I doubt that the penalty has only 2 years limit.

xc06, Nov 22, 2009 IP
  4. yoru_san

yoru_san Peon

Best Answers:
    finally... good directory indeed.

yoru_san, Nov 22, 2009 IP
  5. pipes

pipes Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I agree, it would make no sense.

pipes, Nov 22, 2009 IP
  6. uttoransen

uttoransen Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    good to see a lot of directories back into the serps, great for the directory community over all. congrats to those that are back, and hopefully the rest will also be back into the rankings soon :)

uttoransen, Nov 22, 2009 IP
  7. forumrating

forumrating Notable Member

Best Answers:
    so is big web links, glad things are getting better,

forumrating, Nov 22, 2009 IP
  8. humm

humm बहादुर बच्चा

Best Answers:
    Sorry to say I don't agree.

Its one of the directory most ignored during penalization. The owner preferred to just ignore the money the buyers invested his venture unlike other directory owners who served the industry continuously.

The owner and his directory network have no respect from me.

Lucky that his network is out of penalization. :rolleyes:

humm, Nov 22, 2009 IP
  9. malcolm1

malcolm1 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    As memory recalls he was one of the ones that tried to communicate here but the thread started getting very nasty, blaming him for everything that was happening in directory industry and downright rude & jealous people that couldn't afford to pay attention let alone invest in $$ there directories and he soon said Forget this place all together from the trolls that ran at the mouth in that thread he started trying to explain himself. (Him and jeff and selected "others" where scolded like animals when this BS happened and why none will return here or invest in others directories anymore.. cant say i blame them either

This is just my view as i sat and watched the unfolding circumstances in the threads and watched others laugh at them when they got penalized... ;)
    Basically it showed "who was who" and "what was what" and i dont see many of them (the trolls) here anymore either.. I guess we all have our opinions on what happened back then and like anything in life... time heals all wounds

As for Respect... Its earned and never just "given"

thx
    malcolm

Last edited: Nov 22, 2009
    malcolm1, Nov 22, 2009 IP
  10. huanghh

huanghh Active Member

Best Answers:
    Can anybody still remember the pr value of the directory before banned by google? 4 or higher? And why these directories were banned?

huanghh, Nov 22, 2009 IP
  11. hyper

hyper Peon

Best Answers:
    If I remember well it was PR7 :)

hyper, Nov 22, 2009 IP
  12. Jim4767

Jim4767 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Anyone? Why?

Jim4767, Nov 22, 2009 IP
  13. pipes

pipes Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    None were banned, only penalised, there was never an official announcement of why sites were penalised, mostly snippets of information that made no sense when compared across many sites.

pipes, Nov 22, 2009 IP
  14. malcolm1

Best Answers:
    Correct me if im wrong but i think the (un-official reason / excuse ) was "paid links" and it was during the beginning off
    the recession so google basically stole from several small businesses to benefit themselves (adwords) under that subterfuge.

Jim you where here during that time and im sure you have an idea (different then mine) if you could enlighten us
    on your version off why it was done... (also becuase you dont own any web directory so you might see it differently)

laterz
    malcolm

snowbird likes this.
  15. pipes

pipes Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Its a good way of putting it and makes perfect sense :) and now the recession is beginning to lift in some places they have lifted the cover off the hole they threw most of us into to let us crawl out again, only with less balls now, we are their sissy boys now. :)

"You are free to do as we tell you" says google, lol

pipes, Nov 22, 2009 IP
  16. Jim4767

Jim4767 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Malcolm, I wish I had more insight into it. I know that the conventional wisdom was "paid links". But not being a directory owner myself (just a regular submitter), I didn't track the developments closely enough to be able to give an informed opinion.

Jim4767, Nov 22, 2009 IP
  17. malcolm1

Best Answers:
    I had to ask ya jim as i value your inpute here as im sure many others do as well ;)
    And being that your not a directory owner figured you might see it in a different light :)
    Good to see and read your posts as always ...

thx
    M1

18. Jim4767

Jim4767 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    A bit off topic, but just to reminisce — I miss the "good old days" of directories when:

• PR seemed to be more important than it is today.
    • You could get decent PR from directory inner pages fairly often (Who cares about the home page's PR?).
    • DP's Directory > Solicitations forum was frequented by a significant number of senior contributors who kept up some lively discussions.

Nowadays, since Google's crackdown, it seems that the oxygen has been sucked out of the Directory > Solicitations forum.

Jim4767, Nov 22, 2009 IP
  19. humm

humm बहादुर बच्चा

Best Answers:
    Malcolm, lemme explain why did I make that post.

Directories penalized and the blame game was a part which was suffered by every directory owner not just Alive & Aviva.

Therefore a lot of directory owners preferred to quickly sell their stuff and exit and some took a temporary leave and some chose to stay invisible and stop responding.

A lot of directory owners took things as it came their way and chose to remain calm and cool and serve the industry.

Some directory owners took exit from directory forums and worked very hard to maintain their directories and work towards the solutions to come out of penalization.

Aviva(Jeff) was the only directory to have been a pioneer in working the 100% correct manner to remove the directory out of penalization. Infact the directory went ahead and revealed the steps to come out of penalization and helped the community.

What did Alive and the others do? (Its not just only about Alive here)

In the so called reputed network of directories, 90% of them worked towards maintaining the directory, followed steps to come out of penalization, made changes to the directory to come into good books and served the industry and the community.

I am sorry to say but Alive was one among the 10% which has stayed the same what it was before and after penalization. That 10% group has just been lucky to have come out of the penalization.

humm, Nov 23, 2009 IP
  20. uttoransen

uttoransen Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    hi humm... how you doing?

how can you be so sure that it stayed the same? maybe chris worked hard on improving his directory, i see a lot of nofollow interlinking been done in his network, which means he was also trying to follow the guidelines of google and must have been trying to get his network out of penalization/ban or whatever it is called...

and not visiting a forum and replying here is a personal choice... i don't see how it is wrong, and especially with the reasons given by malcome i don't see any reason why he or any other senior directory owner should post or visit here...

uttoransen, Nov 23, 2009 IP