1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Newbie: Website in Education sector/ how much potential?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by nitinku5021a, Nov 18, 2009.

Hi all,

First of all please pardon me if i ask some silly questions.
    I am building a website in education sector, mainly targeting GMAT / GRE students. I intend to put many prep stuff which will be totally free and the content will be unique and original.

Now my question is, How good it will be, from monetary perspective in the long run?

How good it is compare to financial education stuff? I can write in these two areas very well.

Thanks

nitinku5021a, Nov 18, 2009 IP
  2. InfantryVet

InfantryVet Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Search for sites that are already targeting GMAT/GRE students.

How are they monetizing their site?

Sometimes, it's easier to just do what everyone else is doing instead of trying to reinvent the wheel. If there is a successful website in that niche, model your site after the successful site.

I'm not telling you to copy their exact website though... I mean, find out what kind of advertisements they are running. Find out if they have a paid membership. Find out if they provide web-based tutoring services....

I think you get the idea!

InfantryVet, Nov 20, 2009 IP
  3. Thiagoo

Thiagoo Peon

Best Answers:
    I recommend you to develop really good content and get good google ranks(follow the order).

Money you can pretty much get with advertising.

Selling education content is so 1919 and i doubt you will have any success doing that as theres wikipedia and google.

I belive that those students have friends so if you can explain something _really_ clearly and fast you will have alot of visitors and a successful business, on the other hand, if you just copy and paste shit and write 1000 lines text to explain something simple, i can pretty much bet my life that you wont get any far.

I don't know what is GMAT/GRE but i can pretty much tell that today, recording lessons and posting it on youtube on ANY subject(i have calculus I and 2 on youtube) can bring you _alot_ of visitors... if you explain better than their boring teachers(piece of cake).

I seriously see school/college as somthing sooooooo 1919, today you can basically record the best teacher ever teaching the subject he/she s good at and fucking fire all the other teachers that made me hate so much school. Doing anything at home is more productive than somewhere else.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2009
    Thiagoo, Nov 22, 2009 IP
  4. nitinku5021a

nitinku5021a Peon

Best Answers:
    Thank you Thiagoo and InfantryVet for your views. I am certainly betting on the lucid approach which is not available @ Net. I am preparing content and soon will post the link here. I do agree with the content part, Until i give them some unique, they wont come to my site. But I am afraid what if someone copies my content and publishes?

thanks
    nitin

nitinku5021a, Nov 22, 2009 IP
  5. Thiagoo

Thiagoo Peon

Best Answers:
    They just wont and cant, it's intellectual property.

If they do and you had it indexed first by google, they probably will not show up on google or will be alot of positions far so you will get all the visitors.

It's like when you write a book, some motherfucker can copy and sell it illegaly but the majority of people will still buy yours.

And don't forget that the big websites will never copy you(as its easy to lawsuit them, in opposite to small websites) and do you think google cares if somebody with the access to all algorithms that they use on their search builds a search engine even better than them when the synonym to search in the internet is googling.

Thiagoo, Nov 22, 2009 IP