1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Sick & Tired of Incompetant Writers & Cheapskates

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by worldman, Nov 13, 2009.

1. worldman

worldman Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Exactly what I'm saying. And you're right about the 90% of the population of DP. I have not arrived and I'm not making the money I want to yet from Internet Marketing, but I've learned to shut up about stuff I do not know and share information with others on stuff I do know.

Half the people who are selling eBooks on how to make it rich on DP can't even pull in $100 a day from Internet Marketing.

worldman, Nov 15, 2009 IP
  2. averyz

averyz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    DP is like a giant flea market just tons of cheap stuff for sale and tons of people trying to hustle a few dollars.

I usually open a few interesting thread titles then look at them and they are just full of BS and misinformation. Most of it comes from people trying to sell something or hustle a few dollars.

The guy trying to sell a few links goes around saying "the only way to rank is to buy links" "the only way to rank is to buy links"
    The guy trying to sell themes goes around saying "all free themes suck only paid ones are good"
    The guy trying to sell adsense methods goes around saying "the way to get rich is adsense"

A lot of these guys are trying to sell get rich instructions then on another thread they are begging for a $5 job. Thread after thread junk and more junk..

I do see some good threads with some quality info and decent conversation here and there on DP but it is not the norm. lol

averyz, Nov 18, 2009 IP
  3. worldman

worldman Notable Member

Best Answers:
    That is the BS I hate the most. If you're making $2000 monthly from AdSense, why are you asking for $5 jobs?

worldman, Nov 18, 2009 IP
  4. gvannorman

gvannorman Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well some of these DP members believe that they know how to make that money using Adsense, but in reality they have no idea what it takes to make even a little money online.

They bought some stupid ebook with re-sell rights and are just trying to dump it off on the next unsuspecting fool.

If anyone really wants to know how to make money online then read this.

WORK!!! NO MONEY FOR THOSE WHO WON"T WORK

gvannorman, Nov 18, 2009 IP
  5. gvannorman

gvannorman Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    This thread is why the cheap writers are here.

http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=1578437

Some guy looking to pay $10 for 15 200 word articles.

Normally even a $0.01 per word writer would make $2 per article or $30 for the package.

This guys wants to pay 1/3 of what the work is worth.

gvannorman, Nov 18, 2009 IP
  6. worldman

worldman Notable Member

Best Answers:
    The biggest insult is when the have "English speaker" and "good grammar" as a requirement.

worldman, Nov 18, 2009 IP
  7. Empress Sunshine

Empress Sunshine Peon

Best Answers:
    The content creation forum has been of no help to me, and I just started advertising my services. There are so many people who are willing to work for practically nothing, and the buyers just do not seem to care about low quality. But I refuse to write for less than I know I'm worth, even if I am new to this scene. I used to work in the media, the newspaper business, to be specific. I was a staff writer and advanced to an editor position. So, I'm not a new writer. I'm only new to freelancing.
    I managed to land a couple jobs at another IM forum. But I want to know specifically where I can go to market my services? How do I find clients willing to pay for quality?

Empress Sunshine, Nov 19, 2009 IP
  8. worldman

worldman Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I have run into the same problem. One thing I have noticed is that you have to search for the people who are willing to pay the correct price. In all my years doing this (3+ so far), my best clients have been those who I contacted. You can also try these sites and see if you have any luck. I'll be honest with you, I haven't used any of them so far, but I have heard positive (and a few negative) opinions about them.

http://www.constant-content.com/
    http://www.associatedcontent.com/

worldman, Nov 19, 2009 IP
  9. Empress Sunshine

Empress Sunshine Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the information!
    But, where do you seek out your "best clients"? Do you try to find local clients? Do you look online for people who cover your specialty? Where can I go, besides these sites?

Empress Sunshine, Nov 21, 2009 IP
  10. nixwebo

nixwebo Peon

Best Answers:
    You all have valid points. I think that there is an overwhelming amount of crap on many sites and the forums seem to bring the kids out of the woodwork as well. I am new here obviously.

The one thing that I can see just from looking around here is that there is an amazing amount of animosity towards other members I see from thread to thread. I don’t know if it is time for some to make home elsewhere or if some people need to whacked by the moderators here.

But again I am new here, so please don’t take your aggression out on me or this comment, I am simply pointing out a first impression from looking around the last few days.

On a higher note, worldman why don’t you pm me so we can see if we can work together, I am not a kid and I don’t want you to write a thousand words for a penny,

Nick

nixwebo, Nov 21, 2009 IP
  11. lightless

lightless Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Well, I'll be damned. I was hoping to unload my aggression on you, as you seemed new and vulnerable.

Since you asked nicely ...... I'll spare you for now. :D

lightless, Nov 21, 2009 IP
  12. anarmyofme

anarmyofme Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Ahhh...the irony of this thread:

Title: Sick & Tired of Incompetant Writers & Cheapskates

Should read:

Sick & Tired of Incompetent Writers & Cheapskates

anarmyofme, Nov 21, 2009 IP
  13. lightless

lightless Notable Member

Best Answers:
    When you are in certain states of mind such as rage, euphoria, indignation and so on, good grammar and punctuation often elude you.

Maybe the OP was in such a state of mind. :D

lightless, Nov 22, 2009 IP
  14. BeauRepairsWebDesign

BeauRepairsWebDesign Active Member

Best Answers:
    I'm with you mate i get sick of seeing people offering services for practically nothing. i don't no how they survive. When you's guys are always providing QUALITY services and have the experience and feedback to prove it.

You have my support all the way buddy ;)

BeauRepairsWebDesign, Nov 22, 2009 IP
  15. pro.seods

pro.seods Peon

Best Answers:
    I would agree on this. I have 2 sites. One of them took one year to come on the first page. It took so much hard work and dedication, no one here selling cheap crap can understand.

Other site is still new, and I m finding it so tough to market it and increase ranking for my keywords.

People here think money can be made without work, which is not true.

pro.seods, Nov 22, 2009 IP
  16. lycos

lycos Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Probably those people who are prepared to accept cheap rates are most likely under qualified and not capable to undertake such tasks. Usually a lot can also be interpreted and judged based on how they construct their sentences.

lycos, Nov 22, 2009 IP
  17. Sem-Advance

Sem-Advance Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Oddly enough many Fortune 500 companies are listening to their customers ideas and making billions from them.....

Next, there is no business owner who does not / has not faced stress from owning a business. This is a part of being self - employed.

In fact if you cannot handle stress, self employment is not for you (for others reading)

You could be stressed at a JOB........making $7.50 per hour.....which is not worth the toll that stress will take on you.

There are times I think a $50,000.00 a year job might be better, at those times I realize my commute is 15 steps to my office, I spend time with my family when I want and not when I am not at work, and whenever the stress gets too much, I fire up my ATV, go crazy, flip it up on two wheels and all the stress disappears.....

Unless I fall..... then that's a different stress :D

Stress Kills Don't Let It Kill You!!!!

Peace -

Sem-Advance, Nov 22, 2009 IP
  18. kacangijo

kacangijo Peon

Best Answers:
    This kind of biz need consistency

kacangijo, Nov 22, 2009 IP
  19. worldman

worldman Notable Member

Best Answers:
    To be honest a lot of my big clients kind of walked into into me. The funny thing is that a lot of the members on here who are pulling in big figures hardly have any iTraders, rep or posts. And I was surprised when I did business with a few of them and saw the stats of their sites.

So between advertising on this forum and checking out other forums such as WarriorForum etc. that's how I get clients. I don't really have a set business model as most of my clients now are either repeat customers or referrals.

Anger brings out the worse in people...

Thank you...whether that was genuine or sarcastic..;)

That is the main problem. That is one reason why I have not bought an eBook on this site yet. Its useless.

worldman, Nov 22, 2009 IP
  20. pro.seods

pro.seods Peon

Best Answers:
    but it's always good to review them ;)

pro.seods, Nov 22, 2009 IP