1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

June 27th revisited

Discussion in 'Google' started by MikeSwede, Jul 16, 2006.

1. JayDogs

JayDogs Guest

Best Answers:
    Hey Sem-Advance :)

Let me "push further" even further to the truth.
    FREE listings has made our company 7 figures in 5 years with little to no effort... That is a Fact and it can still be done, because I can see it being done by competitor who didn't get nailed in our Niche on July 27th.

Don't get me wrong.. I use "Paid Advertising" too..
    But, it never ever paid the bills like "FREE Search"

I must give props to Sem-Advance, because he/she is right.... We should have used more "Paid Listings" to diversify....

However, the income of Free listings was/is so great that it was a no brainer versus Paid Listings.

Just my two cents.

J

JayDogs, Aug 10, 2006 IP
  2. Sem-Advance

Sem-Advance Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I don't doubt that at all....but you are one of the lucky few and as you well know there is a lockdown that starts to occur after months and years in the upper results,,,and most sites in place years on end,,, cannot be moved... and as such the other 10,000 competitors in your category will not be earning even 1/10th of 1 percent of what you are.

This being said then there are many other ways for business to be able to survive online against someone with a site as formidible as your own.

I started as an SEO but now more of an SEM and I believe a business builder.....as I have grown in my knowledge and pulling on past business offline experience to help my clients find what works best for them or how to lower spend on Adwords, etc increase profit margins...even things like how to implement conversion tracking code to see where the moneys going.

But I think this is getting off track

And you can always add to the green lol ;)

Clint

Sem-Advance, Aug 10, 2006 IP
  3. minstrel

minstrel Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    I think there are several people on this forum alone who would respond to that with a loud "oh really?" after Big Daddy and his bastard children...

minstrel, Aug 10, 2006 IP
  4. UncleD

UncleD Peon

Best Answers:
    Yea, there are not a ton of people in that "I made it bigtime category" and even people like the million dollar homepage guy only capitalized on a timecapsule of a market. Keeping it up is the hard part.

UncleD, Aug 10, 2006 IP
  5. Sem-Advance

Best Answers:

I agree

hence the quote

Redundent isnt it???

Figured out who said it??

Sem-Advance, Aug 10, 2006 IP
  6. seo-mumbai

seo-mumbai Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    i hope google will improve more and catch all spam sites. this time google update for overall nice for me. i just submitted sites to directorys and some articles too and got good pr for few sites

seo-mumbai, Aug 12, 2006 IP
  7. efeu

efeu Peon

Best Answers:
    Was there a new update? We returned in the highest rankings for many Keywords, whereas last week Google pretended to ignore practically our complete content.

efeu, Aug 17, 2006 IP
  8. afactory

afactory Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    efeu, did you sent a reinclusion request? How long time ago?
    Did you do any global changes at your site?

PS I think no update there ...

afactory, Aug 17, 2006 IP
  9. vagrant

vagrant Peon

Best Answers:
    most of my listings have also gone back to where they used to be months ago (pre june) on both google.com and co.uk

i did nothing other than wait.

vagrant, Aug 17, 2006 IP
  10. efeu

efeu Peon

Best Answers:
    @ afactory. We didn't do anything. I prayed to grand gogol google who said to me "Don't be evil". But will he be good to me forever? We had lost half of our visitors. We still have to explain that to our advertisment clients. We do research and I consulted experts and forums, but I didn't find an explanation. We never did link spam but we sell a link to a price comparison machine from PR 7. Can this be a reason for punishment?

efeu, Aug 17, 2006 IP
  11. afactory

afactory Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Who knows...

afactory, Aug 17, 2006 IP
  12. Dead_Elvis

Dead_Elvis Guest

Best Answers:
    I lost most of my traffic on June 27th, gained it all back and more on July 27th, and then last night lost it all again...

Go figure :(

Dead_Elvis, Aug 17, 2006 IP
  13. tflight

tflight Peon

Best Answers:
    Well Dead_Elvis, that is better than many sites which dropped on June 27 and have never seen any improvement since.

tflight, Aug 17, 2006 IP
  14. northstar

northstar Peon

Best Answers:
    Mine also went down on June 27 back up on July 27th then back down again today. Are your pages show all suplimental results with site:www.domain.com ?

northstar, Aug 17, 2006 IP
  15. Dead_Elvis

Dead_Elvis Guest

Best Answers:
    Sorry to hear that tflight :(

Site: results say 1 to 10 of about 547, but it only actually lists ten pages, and then three supplemental index pages.

What's really frustrating is that the pages that are supplemental are completely blocked by robots.txt, and as of yesterday were not in the index at all.

Easy come, easy go, eh?

Dead_Elvis, Aug 17, 2006 IP
  16. goScooby

goScooby Peon

Best Answers:
    Just the opposite for me. Got all my traffic back on June 27th, lost it all on July 27th and now it is back again. My site command results have been the same throughout all of this nonsense.

goScooby, Aug 17, 2006 IP
  17. mobilebay

mobilebay Active Member

Best Answers:

heres hoping mate, i am seriously losing faith in google

mobilebay, Aug 21, 2006 IP
  18. Sem-Advance

Best Answers:

Here is the problem.

A. Lose faith in Google??? errr they are not a religion nor an entity to place one's faith in.

B. Advertising works, however free advertising assures you nothing, where as if you pay you will more often than not find a reasonable return on your investment.

C. You may want to expand your vision as there are other free search engines that do send traffic to your website.

D Anyone who builds a business based on Google free results, deserves not to be in business.

E. Do not sit by and wait for Google to make things happen for you.....go out and make things happen for yourself.

Sem-Advance, Aug 21, 2006 IP
  19. Christopher

Christopher Peon

Best Answers:
    A. Get a life, you know what he means.

B. Neither paid nor 'free' advertising assures you anything. But some of the most effective forms of advertising are free, both online and off. Word of mouth is the most effective marketing there is - and it's free. Don't discount free advertising.

C. No argument, though the other engines are small fry compared to Google.

D. Bogus. Marketing is marketing, and if you build a business on sweat, work and patience, damn good for you. It's not easy to get those 'free' listings - you just don't pay cash for them. True - diversifying is good - but that goes for all marketing, ignoring the natural serp listings would just be plain stupid because there is ton's of money there!

E. Absolutely, but don't stop working for those 'free' listings too - they are the most effective marketing on the net.

Building a business based on free listings is tough, you go through major ups and downs - but it's legit. Heck - it's brilliant if you can do it. Any method of advertising can go bust, or change, or whatever. You just got to go with it and keep building, changing, growing, saving, through good times and bad.

Christopher, Aug 21, 2006 IP
    KLB likes this.
  20. Sem-Advance

Best Answers:

A. I have a great life.........jealousy gets you nowhere.....

B. Had you read correctly you would notice I did not say paid advertising assures you anything.

C. Perhaps but if you look at the number of searches Google reports and then subtract out the amount of searches done by the likes of you and I, who are not searching for anthing more than information and things start to even out.

D. No not bogus ....cold hard fact...only a fool places all their eggs in one basket ,.......the Internet nor Google change the fact no matter how much you protest otherwise.

E. Again wrong...free results listings do not convert nearly as well to sales as e-mail marketing or paid marketing when done properly.

Peace...

think I'll take the tops of the Monte SS and go for a cruise in the mountains it is so nice out here today....;)

Sem-Advance, Aug 21, 2006 IP