1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Please Help! Frustrated with link building.

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by jasonvan, Nov 19, 2009.

Please help.

I've spent over a year acquiring links for one of my sites. About 4 months ago I had over 1,400 links. Now I have less than 400. It seems I'm losing links faster than I can build them. This is mostly the result of many of the blogs, forums and article sites going "no follow".

Now I'm totally tired and frustrated with link building. I've done the whole blog and forum posting thing (don't know if this helps much). I've written over 20 articles and posted them to the top 5 articles sites. I've exchanged links with over 40 relevant, high pr sites. I even tried to hire and SEO company, but they took my money and then never got back to (six months later still haven't heard anything).

People say "Write Good Content and People will Link to It." Well, I've been doing that but I can't really tell if a single person has ever given me a "free" one-way link.

What is left to do?

jasonvan, Nov 19, 2009 IP
  2. Water Damage

Water Damage Peon

Best Answers:
    Jack, one thing you can do that may not help you but at least it will help everyone else on this board, is post the name of the "SEO company" that took your money and then ran, so no one else falls into the same trap.

Water Damage, Nov 19, 2009 IP
  3. sultanofseo

sultanofseo Notable Member

Best Answers:
    yes, link building can be extremely time consuming and daunting at times. not sure which article directories you submitted to, but forum posting dont really offer you good backlinks. you can easily get a lot of backlinks but those links hardly have any value. blog commenting can offer some good backlinks if you can pick the right blogs. also, keyword research is important so that you can target the right keywords. another thing to remember is that, its not the quantity of links that count but the quality of links that matter most. i wrote an article on link building methods that you can read on here

sultanofseo, Nov 20, 2009 IP
  4. JagoHarry

JagoHarry Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I understand your frustration. I've been there too!

The solution that I've found that works for me is guest blogging. Namely writing unique quality articles for other people's blogs in a related niche. This is a good article to get some background:
    http://www.freelancermagazine.com/w...-powerful-way-to-gain-exposure-for-your-blog/

Typically guest posts have 1 or 2 credit do-follow links back to your website. Since these links also come from a quality website, they really help with rankings. I've got to number 1 or 2 for a number of keywords just thanks to doing guest blogging.

My new project BlogSynergy (free) helps you to find blogs that you can write for.

Dan

JagoHarry, Nov 20, 2009 IP
  5. redesignunit

redesignunit Peon

Best Answers:
    Ok cool man and submit ur link at trusted site

redesignunit, Nov 20, 2009 IP
  6. steveeyes

steveeyes Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I apprecaite your post. I think many of us can identify with your situation. That is why link building is never ending. Actually, SEO is never ending, not just link building. What you do today, may not have the same effect tomorrow as google changes its algo.

steveeyes, Nov 20, 2009 IP
  7. Pixelrage

Pixelrage Peon

Best Answers:
    There is nothing wrong with nofollow, it's been said a million times :)

Pixelrage, Nov 20, 2009 IP
  8. snaeem

snaeem Member

Best Answers:
    have to agree with sultan of seo

snaeem, Nov 20, 2009 IP
  9. Ibn Juferi

Ibn Juferi Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    You can do directory submissions in order to increase your backlinks. Not a problem, I feel :)

Ibn Juferi, Nov 20, 2009 IP
  10. averyz

averyz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I know how you feel link build is a pain to me..

One good link is worth more then 1000s of poor links.

With directories you have your link in with thousands of other links that are irrelevant = fairly worthless
    Forums anyone even an illiterate Nigerian can drop links in forums = fairly worthless

The good relevant links are hard to get because they take time and work.

If you have a site about the N.Y. Zoo with links to important zoology sites, universities, animal research project sites, You are in.. that is Quality.. but lots.. of work and knowledge.. years of work for good lasting links.

averyz, Nov 20, 2009 IP
  11. Sara247

Sara247 Peon

Best Answers:
    Link building is at times really difficult and you need to be regularly updated with all the latest info... Just do a favor tell that company name who is that worthless... So that other don't repeat the same...

Sara247, Nov 20, 2009 IP
  12. redrigo

redrigo Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    t is very difficult to build a link .... but we do not frustrating like that ... we can link up again ... maybe this is a trial for you ...

keep the spirit .... Dude :)

redrigo, Nov 20, 2009 IP
  13. hhelen

hhelen Member

Best Answers:
    We have all been there and totally understand what you're going through, @jasonvan.
    One of the best and trusted ways we've built up reputable backlinks is through guest-blogging. If you are able to get a blog in your niche, (I've said this before!) approach them for an opportunity to guest post for them.

This would help you to build not only backlinks, but traffic too from a good quality and permanent content.

Good luck

hhelen, Nov 20, 2009 IP
  14. TheMonkII

TheMonkII Active Member

Best Answers:
    Its a long, bumpy road. Keep with it though. I'll throw in my two cents and say that I agree with a lot of the people on this board in that you're well served by focusing your attention and efforts on quality back links. Quality being the keyword...lol, see what i did there? :)

But seriously, well researched keywords in the anchor text of quality sites will get you where you want to be. Of course its great to have decently optimized content for the bot that gets to your site through those links.

TheMonkII, Nov 20, 2009 IP
  15. jasonvan

jasonvan Member

Best Answers:
    The company is called "search24online". They took my money and said they would need 2 weeks. It's now been many, many months and they do not even respond to my emails.

jasonvan, Nov 20, 2009 IP
  16. GIF

GIF Peon

Best Answers:
    This is why Getting visitors has been bifurcated in two ways:
    - Either SEO
    - or Advertise
    SEO as well advertise is having short term effect. As soon as you stop, your visitors keep on shrinking.
    So, it is a never ending process. If you think that you have been unsuccessful in SEO then you should try PPC or some other sort of advertisement.

What do you think?

GIF, Nov 20, 2009 IP
  17. anw001

anw001 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Are you checking your backlinks using yahoo explorer or any other backlinking tool? Many of these tools are not 100% accurate. My suggestion is not to worry too much about the number of links these tools show up if you are not seeing any decline in search rankings.

At the end of the day, what matters most is your SERPs. If the rankings hold good, then number of backlinks don't matter as much.

anw001, Nov 20, 2009 IP
  18. khulet22

khulet22 Member

Best Answers:
    You should do social bookmarking too. Link building is not that easy.. You need to be patient and have your backlinks that has high PR and Forum with PR internal.. This can help you to build lot of backlinks going to your site..
    Do follows are great to post on..

khulet22, Nov 20, 2009 IP
  19. LydiaA

LydiaA Guest

Best Answers:
    I also think linking is difficult. I built a squidoo webpage but I am struggling to get people to read it. I've read that I need to get lots of people to link to my page before I'll get many visitors, but how to get lots of people linking to me. It is very frustrating. Sometimes I think it would be good to have a list of people who also have a webpage like mine and we can swap links.

LydiaA, Nov 21, 2009 IP
  20. Trioman

Trioman Active Member

Best Answers:
    I utilize an article submitter that utilizes a unique way of rotating articles so that every directory and blog it submits to get an original variation. It also gives you the option of how many submissions you choose to send out every day, this characteristic is totally automatic. Using this tool has given me first page search engine positions for hundreds of keywords by generating 1,000's of inbound links for most of my keywords.

Trioman, Nov 22, 2009 IP