1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Swiki

Discussion in 'Blogging' started by Phynder, May 10, 2006.

Has anyone else tried putting a Swicki on their blog? Take a look at DeepMarket if you want to see one in action. It is in the almost top right corner. It creates a Tag-cloud (I know some people do not like those) of things people are SEARCHING for - rather than what you are writing about. The search seems to work really well - it must be using results from Yahoo or some other established engine. Every search I have thrown at it, it finds the correct page in my blog - and I just put it on my blog about 30 minutes ago.

Very cool so far, but when I wake up in the morning, I might not like it. I wanted to see if anyone else has any success stories or has even tried Swickis yet.

Phynder, May 10, 2006 IP
  2. wissam

wissam Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    wissam, Jun 18, 2006 IP
  3. Phynder

Phynder Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I took it down a week or so ago - it didn't seem to be giving me any benefits. I noticed the tag cloud never changed - at least on my site. How about yours? Are you seeing changes in your tag cloud based on searches?

Phynder, Jun 18, 2006 IP
  4. ElvisFan

ElvisFan Peon

Best Answers:
    More information please... I don't understand how this system works
    thanks

ElvisFan, Aug 20, 2006 IP
  5. Phynder

Best Answers:
    Neither do I. I had it on my site for about a month, but it never changed. I thought the point of the Swiki was to capture the "buzz words" that people were interested on your site.

I guess it is a good search function for a site, as they use data from Yahoo. I would love to hear what anyone else thinks of Swiki.

Phynder, Aug 21, 2006 IP
  6. wissam

wissam Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You have to approve keywords or ad some to your buzz cloud it doent aprove them automaticly .

wissam, Aug 21, 2006 IP
  7. Phynder

Best Answers:
    And that is where they lost me. What value do they add to my site? I thought it "learned" what you users were most interested in and updated the cloud - at least I thought that is what they said on their website. Obviously, I was wrong.

I am curious wissam - what benefits do they bring to your site? I thought it looked cool, but I can't seem to understand the value it brings now.

Phynder, Aug 21, 2006 IP
  8. wissam

wissam Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As I said before Swiki is a personal search engine fill it with keywords and submit it to google, yahoo and others they will crowl it and drive traffic to it, more visitors that search on it will cause on more keywords that youcan approve from your pannel out there, and sure you will add your adsense on it using the advert* options, it will also drive you traffic you can add your links and stuff on the templates, and why don't you try to learn how to do all of this stuff your self they are easy and not geeky at all ...

wissam, Aug 22, 2006 IP
    Phynder likes this.
  9. Phynder

Best Answers:
    Dang - you get 1500 uniques on you swiki a day wissam? That is awesome. Looks like I need to look at this again.

Phynder, Aug 22, 2006 IP
  10. wissam

wissam Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I made 5 bucks yesterday from adsense ads that I placed on Swiki, it support channels too ....

wissam, Aug 22, 2006 IP
  11. wissam

wissam Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    wissam, Sep 20, 2006 IP