1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Finally Crossed $100 A Day With Adsense, Thanks To You All And DP

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by CodeWorld, Nov 18, 2009.

First I want to thank all DP members who have been instrumental in this success. I started a year ago with a single blog and with a goal of earning $50 a day. I kept on working hard day by day and learning from great members of DP. And thanks to their ultimate threads,posts and information I was able to cross my goal and reach $100 a day Mark. Its been steady from around 3 months now. And as I am situated in India, yeah its a lot of money for something I do apart from my full time job :) . And I will keep working to increase this figure.

Few points I want to share which got me here are:

1. Don't Just Plan, Implement Them

I was guilty of all planning and no implementation for long. When I started, I used to plan I will do this and that but never put my thoughts to work. I used to spend countless hours studying on DP and many blogs. But it took me lot of time to use that studying into action and actually make something. And hence i struggled a lot in the initial days. But Well one day it hit me and I started the actual work, tables start turning and since then I haven't stopped.

2. Don't Spend Time Dreaming About Money

I am not sure how many people do this but I am again guilty of this as well. In the initial days, i used to get super impressed after seeing those big check posts from bloggers and some guys here on DP. I used to day dream atleast 2 hours a day on what will I do with all that money if I had it in my hands :D. And as its clearly visible that it would have been great, if I did some actual work to make that true.

3. Don't Buy Shit You Will Not Use

Wasted lots of money in domains which I NEVER used for my future projects(which never saw the light of the day). Before buying a domain, try to make sure that you don't have a domain lying around doing nothing, built something on top of that and then go ahead buying another one. I did the same, once I had around 30 domains lying around and I was searching expired domains to buy more(stupid me yeah). But again, I gave it a thought and decided that I will only buy a new domain, if I have made use of my existing domains. And it did the trick.

PS: This domain thing doesn't apply if you are into domain flipping business or come across a killer domain.

Spent some good amount of money on databases which after buying, didn't knew how and for what to use, but yeah when someone was selling a db of 10,000 recipies i just had to get it :D. So, do plan in advance on what you will be doing with that DB or whatever you are spending money upon. It shoud bring some value to your projects.

4. Don't start 10 things at once, you will burn your self very fast.

Once my work picked up pace, I started working on many things together, which ultimately led to fatigue and some aweful websites. Left websites with half done work and lost interest . Lesson learned, try to do one thing at a time. Start a blog/website and make sure that before you move on to another, you have atleast 1000 pageviews per day and min $10 a day earning. Thats my way of measuring the success of a profitable website. And believe me, it requires approx 1 month of solid work to achieve that stage but once its reached you will be rest assured to a continuous stream of money coming your way. Repeat this for many websites and you have some solid earnings in the end of the month.

5. Never stop learning
    Everyday new things get invented in internet world, keep your self updated on what is going around. But don't spend to much time on it. I give it around 2 hours a day to look around in forums and checking out few blogs to learn whats happening in the industry.

6. Increase to as many streams of money as possible.

Adsense, Infolinks, adbrite, chitika, affiliate marketing, link sales, paid reviews etc. You all know the drill

7. Put A Goal Infront Of You

Without a goal, you will be running endlessly. I had a goal of making $50 a day, but i crossed it and doubled the amount. I now want to do $200 a day and will try to reach to it soon. So, its pretty important to have a goal, to have something to run to and compare your progress. Do make a goal and work towards reaching it.

Ok guys, I think enough of preaching :). So, I wish you all luck in your projects and for future. Thanks again for the wonderful knowledge you all have been sharing. If you need anything from me, pm me or reply here.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2009
    CodeWorld, Nov 18, 2009 IP
    jacky8, tattoos, ing and 5 others like this.
  2. ar3_returns

ar3_returns Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for SHARE ... And Good Luck to me for My Luck

ar3_returns, Nov 18, 2009 IP
  3. fundoobuddy

fundoobuddy Peon

Best Answers:
    First of All, congratulations brother !!!

Thats a Very Nice Post of yours, really helped me, i am on my way :)

fundoobuddy, Nov 18, 2009 IP
  4. BlueEew

BlueEew Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Congratulations. :D

I am glad you have wrote these points because I am doing exactly what you have stated. I have been making plans for nearlly four years now, and I haven't gotten around to starting any of them.

I bought domains, I then ended up not using them and loosing them. Money and Time both wasted. It's good to see someone write this. It motetes me more to see people like me who "made it".

Also are you still only using one Blog to make the $100 / day?

BlueEew, Nov 18, 2009 IP
  5. ractors

ractors Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    congrats dear

$100/ day is nice amount

ractors, Nov 18, 2009 IP
  6. ractors

ractors Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    congrats dear

$100/ day is nice amount

ractors, Nov 18, 2009 IP
  7. sultanofseo

sultanofseo Notable Member

Best Answers:
    its always great to hear success stories. most people keep clicking on refresh on their adsense stats to see if that went up by a penny rather than spending the time developing and promoting the site. having a plan and working the plan is very important. best wishes

sultanofseo, Nov 18, 2009 IP
  8. theprince

theprince Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    This is good and you are right, to succeed you should focus on one thing and make sure that works..

Congratulation CodeWorld.

theprince, Nov 18, 2009 IP
  9. spidergod

spidergod Peon

Best Answers:
    congrats

I am guilty of 1 and 2 at present

I read so many different forums which then gives me lots of different ideas, which then gets me reading the forums again for more advice.

so I am going to work out a plan soon I think

spidergod, Nov 18, 2009 IP
  10. Shani325

Shani325 Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the tips. I'm a newbie and I can appreciate advice from someone who was not too long ago in my same position. Keep up the good work!

Shani325, Nov 18, 2009 IP
  11. EasyCash

EasyCash Peon

Best Answers:
    Well done - that is awesome earnings !

EasyCash, Nov 18, 2009 IP
  12. Salvi Mandar

Salvi Mandar Guest

Best Answers:
    Hello, :)

You have earned $100 from one blog?

Salvi Mandar, Nov 18, 2009 IP
  13. Oranges

Oranges Active Member

Best Answers:
    Implementing those plans and taking action is absolutely important in IM and earning online..
    else we end up dreaming whole day about $$$ and get nothing.
    Congrtulations though, on your success, Keep going:)

Oranges, Nov 18, 2009 IP
  14. novashun

novashun Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Dude Congrats!!! Huge Achievement -

I have been guilty of all those things you did. I will tell you 1 thing that helps me and DP isnt going to like this:

If you want to stay away from more ideas - If you are a thinker like Iam - Steer clear of the forums, flippa, etc.. It only leads to more ideas and more wasted money. If you are starting a virtual corporation - or a network - Get one niche and work that niche until it cant be worked anymore. The end result you would want to see is 1,2,3, of your sites referring traffic to another site you own and then making money off it. Too many people want to do TOO MANY things -

^^^ 4 Years of domains and projects laying around is hard to stomach Blueew - But dont give up, keep working them one at a time.

novashun, Nov 18, 2009 IP
  15. kenny

kenny Peon

Best Answers:
    First off all - Well done to you!

It's really inspiring to hear these kinda stories - sure is for me.

Good luck with your next goal, let us know when you make it.

cheers,
    - kenny

kenny, Nov 18, 2009 IP
  16. tradeya

tradeya Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I'm starting to do the same thing and your points remind me something that i should do and should not do. thanks for your words and I hope i will come to write something like this after a year too.

tradeya, Nov 18, 2009 IP
  17. tattoos

tattoos Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Great achievement and excellent points.

All the best in reaching your new goal.

Cheers
    James

tattoos, Nov 18, 2009 IP
  18. anjelina27

anjelina27 Member

Best Answers:
    Nice information.

anjelina27, Nov 18, 2009 IP
  19. ElitePrime

ElitePrime Active Member

Best Answers:
    NICE POST! I find so many of the things true. I always dream of the money before even making a single cent :(
    lol. thanks for the advice +rep

ElitePrime, Nov 18, 2009 IP
  20. brokencode

brokencode Active Member

Best Answers:
    LoL .... You did face the same experience. I have so many domains and let them expiring now. There were so many ideas to create websites, bought domain, but suddenly 'too lazy' to run the ideas.

brokencode, Nov 18, 2009 IP