1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

PR7 Backlink? Is this link worth anything?

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by mrdeflation, Nov 17, 2009.

mrdeflation, Nov 17, 2009 IP
  2. mjewel

mjewel Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    It's not the PR of the domain, it's the PR of the page that has your link on it - so no, it is not a PR7 link.

mjewel, Nov 17, 2009 IP
    mrdeflation likes this.
  3. saurabhj

saurabhj Banned

Best Answers:
    No PR Info available for that page. So I don't think it is useful. Thanks,

saurabhj, Nov 17, 2009 IP
    mrdeflation likes this.
  4. sundaydrivers

sundaydrivers Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    This is what is called inner page backlinks from a domain that has a good Page Rank. Many feel that its not the actual page where the link is on that is important but the domain itself. One person who does extremely well with this who is on this forum also is Angela do a search see ranks #1 or #2 with her sites using only this backlinks and this is with competition of over 12 million. So I would have to say if you are trying to build page rank then no this link does you no good but for search engine rankings this is effective.

just my 2 cents

sundaydrivers, Nov 19, 2009 IP
  5. Water Damage

Water Damage Peon

Best Answers:
    Even if the page he is on isn't even ranked by Google? I get what you're saying but surely the page he's on needs to be ranked otherwise it doesn't matter what the PR of the domain is, if his links aren't found by Google then he wont get anything from it. Surely?

Water Damage, Nov 19, 2009 IP
  6. GazD

GazD Peon

Best Answers:
    These are what you would call profile links. Can be really good to get your site indexed fast, and good for SERPs on keywords that are not competitive at all.

On really competitive keywords, these backlinks are worth much at all.

GazD, Nov 19, 2009 IP
  7. selectsplat

selectsplat Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    No, that's a common misconception. She got those high rankings by getting backlinks on PAGES that have high PR, including a few PR5 backlinks with NO OTHER outbound links on the page, which are incredibly powerful.

She did not get her SERPS from pages that have PR0 on sites that have high PR. She got her SERPS from pages that have high PR.
    http://www.adhocads.com/node/930

selectsplat, Nov 19, 2009 IP
  8. sundaydrivers

sundaydrivers Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Yes exactly Profile links.

Just like any other links you have to wait for the page to be indexed to get the backlink. So as long as it is publicly viewable it will be indexed and counted as a backlink, some get indexed faster than others but that all has to do with google :)

These links are not good for raising your PageRank but are good for Search Engine Rankings. If you search these pages like someone did above you get a N/A for Pagerank which actually represents a supplemental page.

Take a look at Angelas thread over at warriors forum and you will see many many many success stories using these types of Profile links in the search engines.

Now just to give the other side people go and get a backlink on a PR5 website that has 100's of links on it, that is what you call worthless because google takes into consideration the number of out going links from the actual page. In the Profile pages most times there are only 1-4 links coming from it which Google values.

Dont get me wrong a single link on an Actual PR5 site with no other backlinks coming from it would be much more powerful of course.

I could be wrong but many of my fellow warriors use this method with results. If it didnt work no one would be doing it! But of course everyone has their own opinion.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2009
    sundaydrivers, Nov 20, 2009 IP
  9. r0y1993

r0y1993 Peon

Best Answers:
    Those are like the others above said, profile links. The page that you have your link on doesn't have a PR or anything so it really doesn't benefit you that much.

r0y1993, Nov 20, 2009 IP