1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Support Group for StumbleUpon and Reddit Traffic

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by alphawolf999, Nov 15, 2009.

Who: For people who regularly use Reddit or StumbleUpon, or would like to learn more about how to generate traffic from these networks.

Ideally, people with viral content in pictures or videos.

Why: It has come to our realization in promoting www.magazine13.com (which gets thousands of visitors a day now) that the reddit elite usually govern the site pretty well. But, one of the side effects is that if you have great content and 0 friends, sometimes you don't gain enough traction for the snowball effect to get enough votes on the site.

I would like to promote a group that can support each other in reviewing each other's posts, and voting it up if they find interesting. Please note that we are looking for genuine friends and partners, and not soliciting traffic simply because of traffic's sake, but rather if you find a member's link interesting.

For example, we can maintain an email list where people can reply all with their latest favorite site on StumbleUpon, and we can add each other to our subscriptions.

Benefit to you:
    1. A network of friends to review your site
    2. Higher votes if your content is good
    3. Ability to garner snowball effect that can get your content to others as well
    4. Advice from users who are using these mediums to generate traffic effectively.

Please reply to this thread or PM me if you are interested.

P.S. I know there are some good sites and also bad ones, these networks have evolved to the point where only relatively interesting content can garner attention, so please be honest if you have a made for adsense site as it is probably not going to work. We're looking for high quality sites. Thanks!

alphawolf999, Nov 15, 2009 IP
  2. bigcat1967

bigcat1967 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I just bookmarked this. This is what I've been waiting for. I hate stumbleExchange - it doesn't work for me. I need to get in a group that is starting out and we all know each other. Count me in bro. btw...I just sent you a pm.

bigcat1967, Nov 15, 2009 IP
  3. leptoon

leptoon Active Member

Best Answers:
    very cool, thanks

leptoon, Nov 15, 2009 IP
  4. wagooza

wagooza Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well, if you get enough people, I'm definitely in. This is what I need. I have a viral content website. Simple steps like getting my content discovered (stumbleupon) by different profiles alone can make a lot of difference...

wagooza, Nov 15, 2009 IP
  5. alphawolf999

alphawolf999 Peon

Best Answers:
    All, please PM me your email addy, reddit user profile and stumbleupon user profile. We can start a mailing list and continue adding valuable members.

-AW

alphawolf999, Nov 16, 2009 IP
  6. Casually

Casually Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey, I'm new here, but I also have a couple of accounts on various social media sites, and am looking to team up with like-minded people. Let me know what I need to do.

Casually, Nov 16, 2009 IP
  7. badhairdude

badhairdude Peon

Best Answers:
    i would like to get in on this. i don't even have adsense on my website!! i just want more traffic (targetted hopefully)

badhairdude, Nov 17, 2009 IP
  8. shaklebolt

shaklebolt Active Member

Best Answers:
    Count me in!
    Do let me know what all needs to be done from my side.

shaklebolt, Nov 17, 2009 IP
  9. Cardelacreme

Cardelacreme Peon

Best Answers:
    I would love to be in!

Cardelacreme, Nov 17, 2009 IP
  10. alphawolf999

alphawolf999 Peon

Best Answers:
    Hello everyone

We have a list of about 150 people from different sources, please PM me your email address and we can start from there. I am leaning towards Google Groups or Google Sites to monitor the announcements and vote ups for all the links.

This weekend we will send out a detailed email about how to be part of this list and how we can collaborate on the process together.

Disclaimer: I own a couple of sites but all this is free and I am not trying to sell anything. I'm just trying to get a group of webmasters together to build a support group for genuinely picking out good content from all our sites. If you have a made for adsense site purely for money's sake please do not join.

Thanks
    RW

alphawolf999, Nov 18, 2009 IP
  11. affilimate

affilimate Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for this I'll bookmark it later

affilimate, Nov 18, 2009 IP
  12. shaklebolt

shaklebolt Active Member

Best Answers:
    whats the status?