1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Fatest DNS Propagation Delay?

Discussion in 'Domain Names' started by ryanng, Aug 17, 2006.

it seemed that i mistakenly modified some dns settings, and one of my website can not be visited by domain names right now...

I did this 4 hours ago... so, suprisingly the dns propagation delay is this short? I remember it used to be 24-48 hours?

anybody has any clue about what's the normal speed should i expect the changes to the dns be effective to all internet users?

ryanng, Aug 17, 2006 IP
  2. venturefox

venturefox Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I would like to recommend domainsite.com if you need fast propagation for domain names. I use them regularly because the domains you alter will usually propagate in less than half an hour - although regularly under 5 minutes. Bear in mind this may chance depending on your location. I cant really speak for other registars, but most registrars are still very slow in comparison.

venturefox, Aug 17, 2006 IP
  3. ryanng

ryanng Peon

Best Answers:
    cool... it claims "REAL TIME DNS PROPAGATION"... and 6.99/7.99 is not bad... anyone knows if godaddy, 1&1, registerfly do the same?

ryanng, Aug 17, 2006 IP
  4. eddy2099

eddy2099 Peon

Best Answers:
    Now it seems relatively fast. I've registered domain names in Namecheap, GoDaddy and Domainsite and it appears that it just took less than an hour to access the domain name.

eddy2099, Aug 17, 2006 IP
  5. empservices

empservices Peon

Best Answers:
    Using DNSmadeeasy I have set mine to 300 seconds

empservices, Aug 17, 2006 IP
  6. mad4

mad4 Peon

Best Answers:
  7. cooljeba

cooljeba Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Godaddy's NS is also almost instant would also recommend namecheap.

..:: peace ::..
    Jeba

cooljeba, Aug 17, 2006 IP
  8. stringerbell

stringerbell Peon

Best Answers:
    Earlier this morning I purchased a few domains through Moniker - as soon as I clicked submit I added them to NameDrive - and, no joke, less than 30 seconds after clicking submit on my domain order, my (parked) website was up and running!

I also registered some unusual foreign ccTLD's recently - and some of those took several days for the DNS info to propagate (and I'm still waiting for others I registered weeks ago, but those haven't gone through the bureaucracy yet).

stringerbell, Aug 17, 2006 IP
  9. ryanng

ryanng Peon

Best Answers:
    as a follow-up, my website was back online and carry normal traffic 3-4 hours after i fixed dns problem.

so, it seems 3-4 hours is about the normal length of time needed to get dns info updated all over the internet... and this dns propogation thing is really an old-time technology, which does not work well at the current scale of the internet.

ryanng, Aug 20, 2006 IP
  10. eddy2099

eddy2099 Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, there are quite a number of DNS Servers across the globe which needs to be updated and they have different updating time. 3 to 4 hours down from 24 hours is a big improvement.

eddy2099, Aug 20, 2006 IP
  11. stringerbell

stringerbell Peon

Best Answers:
    I recently had a domain take almost 2 days to propagate - so, not all servers are that fast yet...

stringerbell, Aug 20, 2006 IP
  12. caliguy80

caliguy80 Guest

Best Answers:
    We moved one on Verisign about six months ago and it took about 5 minutes. I was reaching the new server from my location and my friend in Los Angeles was reaching the new server.

caliguy80, Aug 20, 2006 IP