1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Will Blue-Ray be a revolution?

Discussion in 'Movies, Music & TV' started by clades, Jan 2, 2009.

1. vinayendra

vinayendra Active Member

Best Answers:
    Something else will up come up in few years ... Technology waits for no one

vinayendra, Jan 14, 2009 IP
  2. ServiceToRent

ServiceToRent Peon

Best Answers:
    Who needs a Blue ray when u can downlaod the xvid or Image of blue ray !!

Bwt if price comes down Everyone will buy it and dvd will be outdated :)

Holographic technology is on its way 1 Tb disc

ServiceToRent, Jan 14, 2009 IP
  3. Project Mobius

Project Mobius Peon

Best Answers:
    i can't find the source now but there was a study that compared a $15 HDMI vs $100+ one and the result was almost the same.

Anyway, I think blu-ray will be around...specially after they announced they can create games in real 3d (with those stupid glasses though) with blu-ray technology, but won't be anytime soon.

And to the OP, what the hell is 5.1 built in sound? don't tell me your 32 inch CRT has 5 speakers PLUS a sub woofer. I hope you mean a separate sound system. Oh who would only rely on tv speakers anyway? That's what the sound system is for. For your case there might be no difference in image quality but as you go up to bigger size TVs with 1080p (i think the max you can go with non 1080p TV is 720p with component cable), you will see noticeable differences, even on my Sony 40 W3000 I can see differences.

Project Mobius, Jan 14, 2009 IP
  4. clades

clades Peon

Best Answers:
    Also i think nonsense its standard storage (single sided) only be more 20 gb than dvd. I think they should have done at least 50GB single sided. But well we still have technology that cannot make big jumps. We need quantic discs that can store 1 Yottabyte (100,000 GB) :D

But by the time those discs appear the media will also be way bigger than now so nothing will change :\

I think blue-ray video suffers from the same issue. The image on a 640x480 display with DVD isnt not much different from the image on a 1920x1080 display with blue-ray, like the storage nothing changes, only the scales :p.

clades, Jan 14, 2009 IP
  5. WassupFilms

WassupFilms Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes it will... Blu Ray is sexi!

WassupFilms, Jan 14, 2009 IP
  6. N_F_S

N_F_S Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think the difference will come out with time, golden vs non-golden plugs, thats what Ive been told I think. Anyways if there was a cheaper one I would buy it, but they didnt have any, its one of them top shops that care only about quality.

N_F_S, Jan 14, 2009 IP
  7. Project Mobius

Project Mobius Peon

Best Answers:
    true but you could have bought like 10 for the price of that 1 with golden plugs and last you more than enough :)

Project Mobius, Jan 14, 2009 IP
  8. PiracyPayback

PiracyPayback Guest

Best Answers:
    Nope. I think the days of people acquiring tangible music libraries are on the way to being over in the mainstream. Bring on the HD download!

PiracyPayback, Nov 15, 2009 IP