1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How much should i charge?

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by atlmvp1, Nov 13, 2009.

i started a new website, barely a month old and need to generate revenue from ads to keep it going. I have nearly unlimited ad space because there's plenty of back pages( pages are broken down into zipcodes). how much can i charge for each ad/month? Page rank 0(probaby because it's only a month old ) and alexa is at 1,359,000( when it started it was in the 13 millions. Thanks!

atlmvp1, Nov 13, 2009 IP
  2. The SEO Man

The SEO Man Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If it is a new website, then you may have trouble selling links and/or advertising space.

It the rate would depend on many factors including: The website, the overall topic of the site, and the demand for what you are offering.

The SEO Man, Nov 13, 2009 IP
  3. bigcat1967

bigcat1967 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I would wait a while if it is a new site and try to get relevant traffic on your site. Then maybe try to find relevant advertisers.

bigcat1967, Nov 13, 2009 IP
  4. hhelen

hhelen Member

Best Answers:
    Your site is still very new. Like the rest of the guys said, it would be hard to get any advertiser or sell links on it. So, I'd suggest you investigate Google Adsense or bidvertiser.

hhelen, Nov 13, 2009 IP
  5. selectsplat

selectsplat Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I'll be honest when I tell you that you don't have the traffic or the popularity to sell advertising.

Continue to build links and traffic, and once you've gotten at least pr2 and alexa < 1 million, your links would be worth about $2 or $3 per month.

selectsplat, Nov 13, 2009 IP
  6. dbinto

dbinto Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You need to get some really good stat program so you can monitor your incoming search terms if you are using zip ciodes. that might be useful in the future to sell adspace if your site really takes off.

dbinto, Nov 13, 2009 IP
  7. newlogo

newlogo Peon

Best Answers:
    i suggest to promote your site for 6 to 8 month and then u can charge for link

newlogo, Nov 13, 2009 IP
  8. amansonulove

amansonulove Peon

Best Answers:
    first build quality content then traffic then you can charge as much as you want.

its all depends on the traffic you got and part from it a advertiser will got. so advertiser will pay you

amansonulove, Nov 14, 2009 IP
  9. Bally chohan

Bally chohan Peon

Best Answers:
    How can you think of selling links of site page rank zero. Build some reputation and authority my friend.

Bally chohan, Nov 14, 2009 IP
  10. r0y1993

r0y1993 Peon

Best Answers:
    I'd say your site isn't old enough nor does it get enough traffic to actually attract advertisers. I have a few sites and all on them have an Alexa ranking under 800,000 plus PR 1 on each but no one is really interested in advertising. You should keep trying to get more traffic to your site and get a higher PageRank first. Also, why not try Google AdSense for now?

r0y1993, Nov 14, 2009 IP
  11. vhinz

vhinz Peon

Best Answers:
    yeah most of the webmasters build a high PR for advertising purposes so if you don't have pr at the moment build it first

vhinz, Nov 15, 2009 IP