1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

[QUESTION] # of Times Before You Can Administer Rep Again

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by ksalman92, Nov 13, 2009.

So, I'm trying to give someone rep who I have given negative rep to in the past. I'm not going to say any names (unless they happen to post in this thread)..but the person is a complete douschebag and has little to no relevant, or useful posts out of his thousand-something posts, and everytime I see his stupid, offensive posts I want to give him a negative rep.

So, this brings me to my question: It says "Please spread some rep around before giving [USER] some rep"

How much rep do I have to "spread around" before I can again give him the negative rep he deserves??

Thanks! ;)

ksalman92, Nov 13, 2009 IP
  2. MhW

MhW Active Member

Best Answers:
    Pretty sure it's set to 20.

I wouldn't actively recommend mass rep spreading to meet this requirement though. It doesn't really bode well for anyone involved. ;)

MhW, Nov 13, 2009 IP
  3. ksalman92

ksalman92 Peon

Best Answers:
    Oh, no, I'm not trying to spread mass rep or any of that, this is purely out of curiosity. I've spread rep since I last repped that person, I don't know how much exactly..but I do know that it's been a while, so I was just curious as to an exact number.

Thanks for your input, that sounds plausible lol

ksalman92, Nov 13, 2009 IP
  4. Digital_shubhi

Digital_shubhi Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    ^^^ I think you also need to wait around 10 days as well as give rep to others before giving it to same member. :)

- Digital -

Digital_shubhi, Nov 13, 2009 IP
  5. theapparatus

theapparatus Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't think I'm the one.

[humour]I don't know though. Calling NBC a credible source. Getting real tempted to bring out my own little red marker. :D[/humour]

edit: We discussed this a few days ago and couldn't get an exact answer out of Shawn as he wasn't sure himself.

theapparatus, Nov 13, 2009 IP
  6. Love*

Love* Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Well if you're looking for some nice members to give rep to, some certain people are more than willing to accept it *wink wink* :p

But seriously, I don't know either.. I haven't been able to give rep to the same person (I don't even remember having given him rep before) twice. I guess this shows that I don't even look at the username when giving rep, just the post & the rep icon. :p

Love*, Nov 13, 2009 IP
    theapparatus likes this.
  7. Helvetii

Helvetii Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I have received rep from a few users twice which was roughly after 20-30 days. So well you'll have a long wait.

Helvetii, Nov 13, 2009 IP