1. Quickly find sites and domains for sale in the marketplace based on criteria that interests you.

Enter Marketplace
  2. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Value of TV/movie site

Discussion in 'Sites' started by annunaki10, Nov 12, 2009.

What's the average selling rate of a tv/movie site?

12 months, 6 months??

Thanks

annunaki10, Nov 12, 2009 IP
  2. ProxyKing

ProxyKing Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    It all depends on traffic and revenue!!

And 12 months is just double 6 months :)

ProxyKing, Nov 12, 2009 IP
  3. annunaki10

annunaki10 Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    i know 12 is double 6. thanks captain obvious.

i meant do people generally pay 12 months current revenue or 6 months?

What's the general rule of thumb on these forums for those kinds of sites.

4. Thecrazyhorse

Thecrazyhorse Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    It depends on the popularity and what type of movie/tv sites. It should have good contents or add-ons.

Thecrazyhorse, Nov 12, 2009 IP
  5. annunaki10

annunaki10 Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    why does the popularity have an impact?

if a site is making $10/month or $100/mo the payout will be proportional to its earnings so again, why does traffic really matter?

let's compare one that's pulling in $50 versus another at $600...

6. ProxyKing

ProxyKing Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Lol I know i was just messing with you.

Generally I would think 6 months...12 months is just way to long to earn everything back

ProxyKing, Nov 12, 2009 IP
  7. beazoj

beazoj Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I generally use 6 months maximum, although there are a lot of kids trying to be unrealistic about their prices of their sites on here, looking at over 12 months...no way

beazoj, Nov 12, 2009 IP
  8. asmodeus

asmodeus Notable Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 9
    As Buyer:
    100% - 5
    Constant earnings is important when looking to buy any site. I see way too much of this "potential' crap on DP. A person will throw up a site in an hour, using any number of premade databases for sale and then spam some comments for quick traffic and revenue and a week later ask $5000 for it, when its only made $50.

They should come back and try to sell the site in 3 months if they can prove longevity and earnings and THEN the site might be worth something. A week old site is too new to have any real value. It could get sandboxed next Tuesday or get de-indexed for dupe content and any number of things that can go wrong. This IS the internet after all, where everything is about what's popular at the time and nothing is certain.

asmodeus, Nov 12, 2009 IP
  9. Mr Baker

Mr Baker Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    6 months is considered premium unless it has ranked top 10 for an extended period or isn't a "seasonal" tv show.

Mr Baker, Nov 12, 2009 IP
  10. vihutuo

vihutuo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    75.0% - 3
    Depends on a lot of factors
    1. How established is the site? How long has it been attracting that many visitors?
    2. What is the source of traffic? Organic, referrals, digg, stumbleupon, paid traffic.
    3. Does it have strong backlinks? Are the backlinks purchased ?
    4. What is the site's PR? Is it PR0 even after a year? It maybe a google penalty ?
    5. Is the site legal?
    6. What are the costs of hosting ? Does it have special requirements? Can it run on a $5/month shared hosting or does it need $100/month VPS ?
    7. How often does it need to be updated? How difficult or easy is it to find content for the site?
    8. How to monetize the traffic? Is it in a high paying niche or it is one with 1c per clicks?
    9. Longevity of the site. Is it a site about a new movie or a new game? The interest (and visitors) will surely wane after a few months.

Current profit is not the only thing with which you can value a site. A site with $500/month claimed profit may plummet to $50/month within a few weeks. The $500 may have been due to it being in the 1st page of digg or maybe it was ranking for a highly searched google trends topic for a few weeks.. These are temporary and will fade. Also remember than 6 months/new site can drop in SERPS anytime. Their rankings are not at all stable. 2+years site have much more stable rankings.

For new sites (<12 months old) , I would do a lot of research and usually be apprehensive to pay more than 6 months of revenue. However for aged established sites (2+yrs) , 12 months revenue is the norm. Also I would be very careful with illegal and borderline sites - warez,mp3 downloads,streaming,torrentz, stolen content, etc

The best sites are of course the ones which are aged (3+ yrs), organic traffic, stable SERPs rankings, good backlinks , do not need to be updated often, decent PR, easy to find content, no illegal stuff, can run on a $10 shared hosting. Prepare to shell out 15+ months revenue on these

Last edited: Nov 13, 2009
    vihutuo, Nov 13, 2009 IP