1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Need help with link building from "real" experts

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by Happy Feet, Nov 9, 2009.

Forum posting is useless now days because theres millions of links on those forums and most of them are unrelavent.

Most good blogs are no-follow.

So, what do experts do? Why should i spend hours on useless link building while experts spend alot less time and get better results?

Can you guys point me to the right direction? Whats the secret?

Heres one thing that i learned. Websites with alot of traffic and good ranks dont go around forums and blogs posting their links. What and how do they do it?

Happy Feet, Nov 9, 2009 IP
    sydzapp likes this.
  2. dipali

dipali Peon

Best Answers:
    agree with you. website which having lots of traffic, all are well established websites or blogs, so people are used to read or visit those website very often because content of website is king, they know how to write unique content or how to engage visitors on site through link baiting or unique content.

dipali, Nov 10, 2009 IP
  3. JagoHarry

JagoHarry Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    1) Good websites usually post link bait, i.e. content/tools/resources that are so good, people just want to link to them.

2) Marketing articles/content/resources on social media is another one that works well for some people, but not something I've ever cracked.

3) Guest blogging is a technique that I use very successfully. You write great articles for other people's blogs (in a related niche) in return for a couple of links.

Dan

JagoHarry, Nov 10, 2009 IP
  4. simpseo

simpseo Active Member

Best Answers:
    The smart people (not necessarily experts) go out there and experiment. They grab a bunch of domains both new and dropped and stick a lot of content on it. They try every method going, go down a few blind alleys before finding something that really works well. They don't listen to conventional advice on SEO.

The best way to figure it out is to study their methods by examining the types of backlinks they go after. I've seen people rank for extremely competitive terms with less than 3000 backlinks (well, 3000 visible backlinks in YSE).

Noone (especially someone who's doing really well) is going to spoon feed you the information. If you learn how to reverse engineer the methods used by those with high ranking sites (and we're not talking about big companies with big budgets here), you'll learn a lot more than any forum or SEO "expert" will teach you.

simpseo, Nov 10, 2009 IP
  5. Prashantj

Prashantj Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi,

From where i can buy some travel links for my site?

Prashantj, Nov 10, 2009 IP
  6. Typo Tat

Typo Tat Peon

Best Answers:
    Forget about your backlinks. Build up your brand and content, so that it's of real value to the reader, so the reader will seek YOU out. Sooner or later you'll be getting bookmarked, twitted and blogged about, your links will be building themselves.

Typo Tat, Nov 10, 2009 IP
  7. B.Williams

B.Williams Active Member

Best Answers:
    Great discussion going. I think forums still are effective link building platfrom. :)

B.Williams, Nov 10, 2009 IP
  8. wblteam

wblteam Well-Known Member

Best Answers:

There are almost common link building resources which doing expert and newbie. I always suggest every one to get better link building result try to get link where your competitor already got their link.

As first you select your real and strong competitor and research on his site and analysis his backlinks. After analysis his backlink select where are linkable you link and just go to play for your link.

Hopes you can understand what should you do.

wblteam, Nov 10, 2009 IP
  9. jackbornon87

jackbornon87 Peon

Best Answers:
    hi.. from.. where i can get free reciprocal or 1 way link...? please reply...

jackbornon87, Nov 10, 2009 IP
  10. wblteam

wblteam Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Go to link exchange section, there are many people who are waiting for LE.

wblteam, Nov 10, 2009 IP
  11. eric_wahlberg

eric_wahlberg Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Success of Website depends on what unique thing you are offering and how they can help people.

Look at all famous sites such as facebook, twitter, alibaba, and above all Google.

All of them is offering something unique which is really helping the people. That's how they become popular by offering something unique and providing good service.

If you don't have anything unique to offer, then it is better to go for seo and link building process so that you can get as many as visitors through search engine.

eric_wahlberg, Nov 10, 2009 IP
  12. steveeyes

steveeyes Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I'm not sure if forums should fall in the category of wasting your time. For me, the biggest waste of time is directories (there are a few exceptions).

steveeyes, Nov 10, 2009 IP
  13. selectsplat

selectsplat Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The brutal truth is that most SEO experts pay for their links. They purchase links and articles on high quality, very relevant sites.

selectsplat, Nov 10, 2009 IP
  14. ServiceBlaster

ServiceBlaster Peon

Best Answers:
    There are a few very important things to remember when link building... the first is, quality over quantity! Anyone can fire up bookmarking demon or the like and fire off a few thousand links. However, if you have a handful of targeted sites in your niche, with high PR, it doesn't hurt to contact them and ask for a link exchange!

ServiceBlaster, Nov 10, 2009 IP
  15. Sara247

Sara247 Peon

Best Answers:
    Nice info .... and nice thread...

Sara247, Nov 10, 2009 IP
  16. richromo

richromo Active Member

Best Answers:
    Large, successful websites don't spend a lot of time on some of the techniques you read about here. They do spend a great deal of $$$$$ on advertising- They also produce a llllooooootttttt of quality content, often having staff writers, guest bloggers and have significant content every single day of the week. They offer contests, giveaways, link bait in other words. They link to other quality sites/blogs and get thousands of links back as other sites and blogs view them as a quality resource. They write articles that people want to read as they know their market intimately. While they may not add comments to blogs......... they very well may have in the beginning of their sites. We all have to learn to walk before we run!

richromo, Nov 10, 2009 IP
  17. ss101

ss101 Member

Best Answers:
    1) Research links from top few competitors. Paid links will be easy to spot. Have someone try to get links from the sites linking to the competitors. Many of these will be industry related links. Concentrate on free or one time payment of links (like $20 lifetime listings, etc...) Note paid links
    2) Directories don't carry much weight at all, but are helpful in filling in some anchor text. I hire someone to submit to 1000 directories for $20 with 4o sets of anchor text.
    3) Buy a few RELEVANT homepage links and interior links. I never buy sitewides as they are unnatural unless its a blog roll and I don't buy those.
    4) Post well thought out, highly relevant comments on blogs.
    5) have content that people will want to link to. Create a report, a good article, a white paper, industry guide, etc... create some link bait.
    6) Write some content and buy some blog posts from different IP's with proper anchor text.
    7) give away your product if it will be reviewed and posted online with a link back to you. Depends what you sell but works great for some sites.
    8) if you can donate anything to a charity, school, church etc... and get a link, think about it. One of my real estate clients was a sponsor for a University fundraiser and he got a pr5 link from one of the best universities in the country and has had the link for 5 years.

Make sure to vary the anchor text and don’t buy too many links quickly.

ss101, Nov 10, 2009 IP
  18. seopositions

seopositions Guest

Best Answers:
    That is exactly right most successful webmasters buy tons of links!

seopositions, Nov 11, 2009 IP
  19. FranceWebsite

FranceWebsite Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm a webmaster who has generated high placements in Google for a wide range of sites and I almost never buy links to my site or my client's sites, mostly because Google has various ways of detecting sites that buy links and will penalise your site if you do (particularly if you do it lots).

Probably the most effective 'secret' to my link building success is that I build 2 websites, one an informative one and one my 'sales' site. I then develop links to both sites through article writing and submission, directory submission (normally just 100 directories, not thousands) and importantly by searching for relevant keywords and finding any niche directories that appear in the first 100 or so results and submitting to these. (If there was a great advertising opportunity I spotted at this stage, then I'd probably go for this too).

After the next PageRank update, both sites will probably be PR2. At this point, I offer outgoing links from the informative site in exchange for incoming links to the 'sales' site, generating high quality one way links to the sales site. I the informative site has quality content, then it will naturally continue to generate high quality incoming links to it and therefore I won't need to build too many new links to it for it to keep its PageRank.

I also focus on PageRank for link exchanges (with relevance being a close second) and Google values variety - use different titles, descriptions, anchor text, etc. with your links and this will certainly help. If you have 100 links to your site that all say 'some phrase', then it's obvious that this is generated by one person, better to have 10 links saying 'some phrase', 10 saying 'some keyword, another 10 saying 'another set of phrases', etc.

A couple of other things, both sites have to look good and be useful, otherwise it's a lot harder to get links and don't under estimate the value of on-site SEO - having good metatag titles, H1 titles, internal links, page names, etc. all help!

For more information, search for 'France website designer' in your favourite search engine and click the 1st result. You'll find yourself on the 1websitedesigner site.

FranceWebsite, Nov 11, 2009 IP
  20. simpseo

simpseo Active Member

Best Answers:
    Google also has various ways of detecting link exchanges, which you seem to favour over buying links. So both strategies carry some risk. As you are getting good results, this strategy is obviously working well for you, but it's not without risk.

IMO the best results come from taking small but calculated risks - paid links, link exchange and dropped domains seems to be working extremely well for some and it's sometimes surprising to see sites breaking all the "rules" and doing very well. It may catch up with them eventually but in the meantime there are some people making good money from grey hat techniques.

simpseo, Nov 11, 2009 IP