1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Dan Schulz may he RIP!

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Nigel Lew, Nov 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rotren

rotren Peon

Best Answers:
    How sad. Dan did an enormous amount of work to help the community. He'll be dearly missed. RIP.

rotren, Nov 10, 2009 IP
  2. ryan-isra

ryan-isra Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Rest In Peace, Dan.

Thanks for your contribution.

ryan-isra, Nov 11, 2009 IP
  3. simpseo

simpseo Active Member

Best Answers:
    Gosh, this is shocking news :(

Dan's contribution to this forum was second to none. He was a great guy to interact with and I will really miss his presence on this forum. The amount of time he dedicated to sharing his knowledge with others, not only on this forum but on Sitepoint and elsewhere, is quite staggering. I applaud you Dan.

It's really quite sad to see someone so young, bright and talented and with so much integrity, patience and dedication pass away so suddenly like this. His contributions and the personality he brought to this forum will be sadly missed.

simpseo, Nov 11, 2009 IP
  4. redesignunit

redesignunit Peon

Best Answers:
    really great it's helpful

redesignunit, Nov 11, 2009 IP
  5. wptheme

wptheme Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Wow, I sort of kind remember this username. Great DP member

wptheme, Dec 9, 2009 IP
  6. sipltech

sipltech Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Dan Schulz no more?? How sad, why God need good people in heaven, we need them to live forever on earth.

i really miss you Dan, years back I came across his posts at SPF and really like the way he explain things honestly. From my heart, I say good bye Dan but you will always remain in hearts of people. Your contribution towards community is price less...

sipltech, Dec 10, 2009 IP
  7. Dondon2d

Dondon2d Peon

Best Answers:
    My CSS and SEO mentor. We will miss you.

Dondon2d, Dec 10, 2009 IP
  8. webcosmo

webcosmo Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Thats a sad news. God bless his soul in heaven.

webcosmo, Dec 10, 2009 IP
  9. pssajit

pssajit Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I am extremely sorry to hear this. I am a comparatively new DP member but still I know Dan by name (the only member I recognize by name) because of the his sticky posts which is definately valuable to many. I really liked to see someone openly sharing his knowledge without any competetive feelings. You are an asset Dan, not just because you had the knowledge but you always wanted to share your knowledge. We really need people like you. It's loss to the DP community and you will live in our heart for years to come. May Dan rest in peace!

pssajit, Dec 10, 2009 IP
  10. richkinsella

richkinsella Peon

Best Answers:
    Have only just heard via Nigel Lew's signature link to this forum. Really shocked and sorry to hear this. Was only reading one of Dan's posts today about link wheel's and it was so helpful for me as a non-professional - as were all of his posts.

RIP Dan.

richkinsella, Jan 25, 2010 IP
  11. aka_le_Mulder

aka_le_Mulder Member

Best Answers:
    Oh my God. This thread makes me feel creepy all over. I'm newbie here and in SEO, too. But that sticky thread by Dan made me full of thoughts and hopes. I felt like guru just shared his knowledge with me. And today (shame on me - I noticed this thread only today) I found this thread. I thought it was a joke. I still wish this thread to be a big joke and Dan to be alive and well.

This is very sad. Can't believe people still dying from pneumonia. How the hell could this happen? Isn't modern medicine good enough to cure such illnesses? It all looks like a crucial mistake.

How old was he?

And, please, give me some articles by Dan to read.

This is the first time I'm so moved by death of a person whom I've never even seen.

Rest In Peace, Dan Schulz. As the russian saying goes, "Пусть земля ему будет пухом".

aka_le_Mulder, Jan 25, 2010 IP
  12. Jim4767

Jim4767 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Whenever I'm on Digital Point, Dan still comes to mind often, even these months after his passing.

Dan was a genuine friend to many, a willing help to all. I truly miss him.

Jim4767, Jan 25, 2010 IP
    Halobitt likes this.
  13. Oranges

Oranges Active Member

Best Answers:
    I used to read a lot of his stuff, that really is shocking.
    That is really sad, We all are going to miss you Dan, RIP!!

Oranges, Jan 25, 2010 IP
  14. jasontn

jasontn Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    He was a very nice man. I had some private discussions with him about becoming an SEO. However, he said SEO's deserve 2,500 month or something like that. Nobody on here will pay that.

But may he RIP because despite high fees he did give out a lot of free SEO info which made up for it.

How old was he?

Last edited: Jan 27, 2010
    jasontn, Jan 27, 2010 IP
  15. javajenius

javajenius Peon

Best Answers:
    RIP Dan. This is very sad, you will surely be missed.

javajenius, Feb 6, 2010 IP
  16. nucleus99

nucleus99 Peon

Best Answers:
    RIP Dan, I read some of your SEO tips and they were great.
    its a shock that your no more

From what I remember, his mother had passed away a few months earlier.
    This must have been a very sad time for his family.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2010
    nucleus99, Feb 6, 2010 IP
  17. Revelations-Decoder

Revelations-Decoder Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Can't say I knew him Nigel but I have heard the name - Let's put it this way though - It's those closest to him that suffer and feel the pain and not Dan.

This is one of lifes cruel lessons we all have to endure - that said RIP he and others and those of us left behind bear in mind when we go the same applies, it's our loved ones who shed the tears ...

Revelations-Decoder, Feb 6, 2010 IP
  18. Aaron111

Aaron111 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Canonical -

I got an email from a DP member.. alerting me of his death ........ amsorry to his passing away ...... he was a top seo no doubt.... DAN YOU WHERE THE HOLY GRAIL OF SEO ...and I know if you where here in DP still yould be blasing me side ways for writing this.... but hey Big D ....

I love yah bro...

this is from my seo friendship and mentor for seo's that think a common cold is just nothing... let tell yah all ... a flew grows and it gets ugly... the weather is harsh.. be aware.... and be smart.... any my friend your gone now and bro I miss yah with a passion...

Dan we miss you Bro .... your an Icon here ...

man if I could have chated with yah sooner... ide be making sure your Alive and well.... Dude I just over came a serious condition my self but I got steroid shots to help me breath... this message is to all of us hard working search engine optimizers on DP ..... if you get a bad cough and feel like total crap,,, it wont get better by its own.... colds is like seo ... you have to optimize it by taking care.....

My SEO cold flew cure recipe.. ...... drink herbal tea with honey and lemon - make a hot soup - start boiling that water first than add in the fresh ginger and garlic - peppercons and thyme oregano --- than rosemarry ...... then add in a 5 lb box of chix thighs with out the skin.... ad in fresh squeezed lemo and lime....... thamn prior to end of boiling these add in the won bok cabbage and carrots celery...........

if you drink this soup and drink calming no caffeine tea... you will kick a colds ass...... and I want to kick the colds ass that killed Danny boy ........ the best dam seo in the world ....

by all mean my seo people I love yah all and wish the very best to you and your families... let say good bye to digital points best... DAN SCHULZ....... I salute you and pray for your place in seo heaven .... save a spot for me bro ...

all of us seo and seo gurus loved youre stuff. my god be with you and yours ... peace out DP

Aaron111, Feb 12, 2010 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.