1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Best Place to Create a Blog

Discussion in 'Blogging' started by staceygrewal, Oct 31, 2009.

Does anyone know if you can upload audio, video and pictures to a wordpress blog?

Is Movable Type difficult to use for a non-techie type. I mean, I am seriously lacking in the technical skills department. I'm not even typing this, my monkey is...

No, but seriously, I am interested in building a blog with more more than one contributor, photos, videos, audio, links, etc. What would any of you recommend?

Thank you!

staceygrewal, Oct 31, 2009 IP
  2. Digital_shubhi

Digital_shubhi Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Ya, you should use Wordpress !
    Its easy to use as well as got many features.
    But I will only suggest to buy a domain and host and then make a blog.
    Don't use free blog.

- Digital -

Digital_shubhi, Oct 31, 2009 IP
  3. LinksAndTraffic

LinksAndTraffic Peon

Best Answers:
    I ditto on the WordPress installation. You can upload video, audio and pictures to Wordpress easily. The best thing about WordPress is the wide range of templates and plugins that are available for the platform - and most importantly, it is easy to use.

Ditto on getting your own domain as well. Hosting a domain is cheap, and people will have a hard time taking you seriously on a free blog.

LinksAndTraffic, Nov 1, 2009 IP
  4. robyries

robyries Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I would recomm you a blogger, try there first, if you get used to and then you can upgrade to domain register and buy some hosting, other wise blogger is own by big "G" get you index faster :D

robyries, Nov 4, 2009 IP
  5. hmansfield

hmansfield Guest

Best Answers:
    Everyone who uses blogger always says this, but it doesn't take long to get any site indexed if you know what you are doing. That's not a good enough reason to use blogger.

I also agree that you should spend $20 and get you own domain and hosting and run Wordpress. the options and features are far superior and with all the things that you want to do and you haven't even launched yet, you are sure to want to do more in the future and blogger will just frustrate you because it's not that flexible.

hmansfield, Nov 4, 2009 IP
  6. theapparatus

theapparatus Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm going to disagree with folks here and suggest that you use a hosted version of Wordpress, not the version that you download which is what folks are suggesting. If you're not a techie person, you;re going to have problems with installing the software, adding in features or keeping up on upgrades.

And yes, many hosters have automatic scripts to do some of that but many of them are out of date and that will lead to security problems. It usually takes only a day or two to get a new version of WP when a security problem is discovered. It takes weeks to get a new version of the updater out there. And that's if your host has updated the software.

Head over to wordpress.com or edublogs.org and create an account and give it a try at the very least, even as a test account. See what features you like and what you can do. Become comfortable with the software first before starting out.

Hope this helps,
    -drmike

theapparatus, Nov 5, 2009 IP
  7. sarpras2005@yahoo.co.in

sarpras2005@yahoo.co.in Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Wordpress...

It provide good plugin supports and lots of features.

8. tariq1654

tariq1654 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Both wordpress and Blogger can acomodate your requirements. If you want to run ur blog for short term, use Wordpress. Otherwise Blogger is preferred as to upload/download video clips will kill lots of bandwidth that will charge you more than you can think, blogger is free & fast, never takes ur blog down.

tariq1654, Nov 9, 2009 IP
  9. Typo Tat

Typo Tat Peon

Best Answers:
    I support what tariq1654 said. If you go for self-hosted and host videos or high resolution images - you're toast. Best case scenario - your site goes down after a while, worst case scenario - you'll have to pay much more $$$ to your host than you've planned.

Blogger is a very good option for beginners, and the unlimited bandwidth is big plus. I suggest Blogger with your own domain, this way you get to keep your PR and backlinks even if you eventually decide to move to another host.

Typo Tat, Nov 9, 2009 IP
  10. jacksons

jacksons Peon

Best Answers:
    you can try both wordpress and blogger both are gud but i strongly recommend u wordpress i m comfortable with wordpress.

jacksons, Nov 9, 2009 IP
  11. yakinsaja

yakinsaja Peon

Best Answers:
    i think blogger is more simple, but if u want to make a complete blog with many plugins... use wordpress, buy hosting and your domain.

yakinsaja, Nov 10, 2009 IP
  12. wiraforum

wiraforum Peon

Best Answers:
    The self hosted blog with wordpress engine is the best.

wiraforum, Nov 10, 2009 IP
  13. masud7827

masud7827 Active Member

Best Answers:
    go ahead... i love wordpress

masud7827, Nov 10, 2009 IP
  14. GChoi

GChoi Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It has to be Wordpress as it is open source so that you are basically getting all the supports (i.e. plugins).

GChoi, Nov 10, 2009 IP
  15. balanaar

balanaar Member

Best Answers:
    i think blogspot, wordpress, joomla, dropal etc it's same. if you need to video upload, picture, link etc i think you might using wordpress or blogspot. because wp and blogspot it's free service, you get a sub domain. so you can using your own domain and connect it to your blog.

balanaar, Nov 10, 2009 IP
  16. Ascendancy

Ascendancy Active Member

Best Answers:
    The best place to create a blog is on your own domain, hosting with Wordpress. It's the best way to create almost any site, but blogs especially are easy to create and maintain through Wordpress.

Ascendancy, Nov 10, 2009 IP
  17. rotren

rotren Peon

Best Answers:
    You can also have a look at tumblr - it's cool and different and very easy to use.

rotren, Nov 10, 2009 IP
  18. bruceslogos

bruceslogos Peon

Best Answers:
    wordpress is a best place to create blog with support plugins and free blogging site like tumbler, vox and live journal

bruceslogos, Nov 10, 2009 IP
  19. masud7827

masud7827 Active Member

Best Answers:
    not wordpress.com WordPress.org is the best

masud7827, Nov 11, 2009 IP
  20. jack2799

jack2799 Peon

Best Answers:
    bloggerrrrrrrrrrrrrrr\

jack2799, Nov 12, 2009 IP