1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Get 100+ Authority Backlinks for Free

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by bryanon, Nov 9, 2009.

Hey there,

Once again, the 'mood of giving back' hit me and I decided to share a good tip with all of you. Some of you most likely know this already, but there's always plenty of newcomers who really appreciate information like that.

So what I'm going to tell you is how to get a virtually unlimited amount of .edu and .gov backlinks to your site - for free!

First of all, the majority here should realize the value of EDU/GOV backlinks. Those of you who don't, it's ENORMOUS. Google LOVES educational and govertnment sites and it knows that it's pretty difficult to get this types of sites links back to yours. Well, not any longer ;)

The method itself couldn't be simpler. All you need to do is type the following into Google:

inurl:forums+site:.gov
    or
    inurl:forum+site:.edu
    or
    inurl:blog+site:.gov

Well .. you get the drill :)

This will bring you up with a massive list of forums and blogs that are in the .gov and .edu domain and the good part is that many of those allow commenting!

However, there's two things I suggest you to be careful about in order to not waste your time:

1. Stay away from sites that are on the first or the second page. Likelyhood is large that those pages have already received tons of spam and are paying great attention to moderating the comments.

2. When commenting (and this applies to all blog commenting not just .edu and .gov sites), it's always best to leave quality comments because this increases greatly the likelyhood of your comment actually sticking!

That's about it. Have fun! :)

Oh, and here's an extra tip when it comes to forums: I've used it successfully many times and can't stress how powerful this technique is. A few simple steps:

1. Find a forum that has some high PR threads (most of those threads are VERY OLD so dig deep in the archives) - you will easily find some threads that are as high as PR6!

2. Post a reply to one of such threads. It has to be a legit reply that makes sense, and DO NOT include any links in your post!

3. Mark the URL down into your calendar and return a few hours to a few days later (depending on how active the forum is), when the thread is has already fallen back to Page 2 or even further.

4. EDIT the post you made and NOW add a link (or a few) pointing to your site.

Voila :)

bryanon, Nov 9, 2009 IP
  2. smile633

smile633 Peon

Best Answers:
    [Oh, and here's an extra tip when it comes to forums: I've used it successfully many times and can't stress how powerful this technique is. A few simple steps:

1. Find a forum that has some high PR threads (most of those threads are VERY OLD so dig deep in the archives) - you will easily find some threads that are as high as PR6!

2. Post a reply to one of such threads. It has to be a legit reply that makes sense, and DO NOT include any links in your post!

3. Mark the URL down into your calendar and return a few hours to a few days later (depending on how active the forum is), when the thread is has already fallen back to Page 2 or even further.

4. EDIT the post you made and NOW add a link (or a few) pointing to your site.

Voila :)[/QUOTE]

Tell me, why would you do that? What is it's effect?

smile633, Nov 9, 2009 IP
  3. Waikikicane

Waikikicane Peon

Best Answers:
    Thank you very much for sharing this tip. I am going to make good use of this information.

Waikikicane, Nov 10, 2009 IP
  4. schnisz

schnisz Active Member

Best Answers:
    what about follow, no follow? is there a way to discern that or does it even matter?

schnisz, Nov 10, 2009 IP
  5. Traffic-Bug

Traffic-Bug Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for sharing the useful tips. I am gonna try them. Further, I dont think dofollow or nofollow matters in case of links as announced by google recently. Google should know the worth of a link by itself regardless of whether it is marked dofollow or nofollow.

Traffic-Bug, Nov 10, 2009 IP
  6. coopersPick

coopersPick Active Member

Best Answers:
    you have to type -no follow some where in the search. There was a blog post one time about this somewhere does anybody have a clue?

coopersPick, Nov 10, 2009 IP
  7. TheMonkII

TheMonkII Active Member

Best Answers:
    Wow, excellent bit of information. It's funny how such powerful tools are before us and we always seem to overlook the simple ones. Truly, one of the better tips i've gotten off of DP.

TheMonkII, Nov 10, 2009 IP
  8. coolguy64

coolguy64 Peon

Best Answers:
    interesting never heard this method before

coolguy64, Nov 10, 2009 IP
  9. temp2

temp2 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    thank 4 sharing, I do it now :)

temp2, Nov 10, 2009 IP
  10. meteor

meteor Member

Best Answers:
    Tell me, why would you do that? What is it's effect?[/QUOTE]

To avoid banned for include any link in the post.......

meteor, Nov 11, 2009 IP