1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Major Web Directories Out of Penalization!! - Google happy??

Discussion in 'Directories' started by jhnrang, Nov 10, 2009.

In reference to Old-timers longing for quality web directories .................

It seems Google has just realized few hours back that we can live together in HARMONY!

Just found that - most web directories with whom the DP user-names were synonymously identified are out of the Google penalty.

Although - they r not yet showing fully indexed pages - I believe Google has had enough of so-called Valid PR3/4/5/6 new directories ..............

and hence released the penalty of major directories of the past who cared for quality rather than the GREEN PIXEL. I also believe the pages of our directories will be back within next 3/4 weeks.

Congrats -- to .........Chris, Rob, Asim, MeetHere, Temi, Humm, CReed, Britishguy, MalColm1, Popotalk - and all other old buddies who have always been there for the valued clients -- no matter what difficulties arose. We have served our clients during the stress and depression coz - we value our commitments to them.

My SALUTE to the Oldies for their perseverance - now at least Google can differentiate between a PR6 directory on an expired PR and that of a PR0 quality directory run by committed companies or highly inspired individuals.

Cheers and congratulations to all my Mates:cool::cool::cool::cool:

Last edited: Nov 10, 2009
    jhnrang, Nov 10, 2009 IP
  2. homepageofthemonth

homepageofthemonth Peon

Best Answers:
    Very curious to know which directories you are talking about?

Sent you a PM, just in case you did not want to post them publicly.

Thanks for letting us know.

homepageofthemonth, Nov 10, 2009 IP
  3. jhnrang

jhnrang Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Please be sensible ...............:(

This is not for the QBC members (99% new directory owners qualify for that TITLE)

But, this thread is for those old-times who have been major influence ( Pioneer) in establishing a Niche on web-marketing.
    The Newbies/QBC brigade is just feeding in all the hard-work, pains, labor that those revolutionaries ( sorry can't escape the word as I teach Politics :( ) have sacrificed.

My heartiest respect for them.

PS: I replied your PM and if you can show your genuine love for quality directories - I can express my views on the industry as a whole - but not on any particular directory/owner or subject. :)

jhnrang, Nov 10, 2009 IP
  4. malcolm1

malcolm1 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Hello...

Yea i just noticed that a few that where hit with the negative -50 -60 (you dont rank for your own name)
    are back now from this penalty (these seem to be the first ones that where penalized) After 2 F*cken years...

I still have a few with no changes but whatever... i survived even threw the recession so... ;)

Glad most of the REAL directories are coming back though which means
    ill be submitting new blogs/sites soon enough :D

congrats to all those that came back ... (british guy) (an0n) (chris) and others

PS.... dont mention directory names here please

laterz
    malcolm

malcolm1, Nov 10, 2009 IP
  5. jhnrang

jhnrang Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Did I miss his name ???????:eek:

Nope -:D - He is the ROBBER or Rob to those who claim to be directory owners but don't know about directories.:cool:

Rob - is the person who has invested most of his time in improving the phpLD script with his innovative ideas by writing codes (unfortunately those ideas were stolen by other coders later-on and been released for FREE which today's QBC's r enjoying) :(

jhnrang, Nov 10, 2009 IP
  6. pipes

pipes Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I highly doubt that something special has happend, penalties happen to all types of sites.

This is unlikely to be dealt with specifically, its just happend as a result of something in general i imagine.

Congrats to any directory now showing as less penalised now, anything is an improvement.

Might even drop them straight back in, you never know, so i wouldn't be too pleased just yet.

What next, pr returns too for everybody? i doubt it :)

pipes, Nov 10, 2009 IP
  7. jhnrang

jhnrang Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Not much different opinions Pipes

Seems its a general phenomenon

Still thousands of pages being shown in the index

PR ??? ( What is it? :eek: )

It will return at normal rates - given value to those links acquired organically and not through bludgeoning means.

Still 6 months to 1 year to make a judgment - but they r ranking for their own names
    - thats important. :)

jhnrang, Nov 10, 2009 IP
  8. Valhalla

Valhalla Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I am delighted for the directory owners concerned especially Bruce who has a great resource and soldiered on regardless of the page rank.

Valhalla, Nov 10, 2009 IP
    swedal likes this.
  9. xc06

xc06 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I do see a lot of directories gain their SERP...very positive news for all directory owners.

cheer.

xc06, Nov 10, 2009 IP
  10. WallaceYeung

WallaceYeung Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    BigWebLinks and other directories got back the serps and pr, congratulations to the directory owners! :)

WallaceYeung, Nov 10, 2009 IP
  11. malcolm1

Best Answers:
    Most didnt get back there PR except for a very small few that where on "the list". (no need to say names list) ;)

ALL that where on "the list" have regained there status and the others whom weren't on his list are still in "limbo"
    or must have a different type of penalty.. (doubtful) or somebody at Google finally realized "the fraud" that was
    committed and fixed the issue.

Regardless of all these directory owners that where penalized (whether guilty or innocent) one thing stands VERY CLEAR
    only 1 owner ever gave up and sold his directory sites after the penalty... The rest stood there ground (close to 3 years worth)
    even during the worst recession to date and everything stacked against them which says alot about them and there web directories
    as well as what they are made of and about... (the best of the best in the biz) and nobody can take that from them or should
    anyone ever have second thoughts about submitting to them as its clear they will be here for many many years to come regardless
    of "whom" or "what" happens in the future.

@ Jhnrang ... Most of these sites regained there rankings few weeks to 1 month ago so this isnt exactly new to them
    and they simply chose not to publicly talk about it here for whatever reasons they may have had... :eek:

thx
    M1

12. newlogo

newlogo Peon

Best Answers:
    thanks google to give value to basic seo activity

newlogo, Nov 10, 2009 IP
  13. humm

humm बहादुर बच्चा

Best Answers:
    Frankly I would say I was expecting this soon. From the last few months I had been working very hard and did have talks with some big people also who did route me to the valid and right way!

I would sincerely remember and thank Jeff (Aviva) especially who has always been kind, explained us the right ways and also the pioneer in steps to remove directories out of the penalization.

Lastly malcolm and all others please don't misunderstand reputed people (I don't know really whom you are talking about, I know some who have but haven't disclosed) who may have sold their directories, not everyone can take suffering. People do get into problems and have to sell somethings to get out of them. Not everyone can face hardships. Even if I would have had to keep my directories till the next 100 yrs, I would had. We really can't expect everyone to do the same.

ALSO
    ^ Please respect the above thought everyone. Don't give to much publicity to the oldies, we never really wanted it, nor want it anymore.

humm, Nov 10, 2009 IP
  14. malcolm1

Best Answers:
    I only know of 1 that immediately turned tail and ran for the hills after he tried eliminating/snitching other directory
    owners till his got hit with same penalty then immediately sold after being told by "the list" (whom he thought was his buddy)
    that it would be a lengthy penalty... (wont mention his name)

Im aware that a few others may have sold due to hardships (thats understandable) but its not the same reason's as the person above ... ;)

PS... I already know your hard headed and stubborn like myself :eek:... so too sell is out of the question and not an option :D

thx
    M1

15. an0n

an0n Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    [​IMG]

an0n, Nov 10, 2009 IP
    iPod likes this.
  16. humm

humm बहादुर बच्चा

Best Answers:
    U Bad Boy Rob... Do u know I was missing that photo?? ;) Btw I just love that signature of your's. Wow you always link to such a beautiful, superb, 'real' stuff! :D

PS.: Yo Malcolm baby, I guess now I know whom you were talking about...! :D

humm, Nov 11, 2009 IP
  17. msolution

msolution Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    congratz to everyone who came out of it, well its hard work always pays!

msolution, Nov 11, 2009 IP
  18. alistair80

alistair80 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Conglatulations to everyone who made it! I know that times were hard for many cuz there was literally no way to know when this could happen! Many work really hard around here and got penalized...Many game PR and sell crap links in "new PR #" directories and get away with it. It's unfortunate but good thing is Time seems to be changing :)

alistair80, Nov 11, 2009 IP
  19. Ibn Juferi

Ibn Juferi Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Glad to know that major dirs are no longer penalised by G. This bodes well for the industry in general.

Ibn Juferi, Nov 22, 2009 IP
  20. expertofexperts

expertofexperts Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think this thread can clear doubts from many members mind that directories are still helpful and Google is still considering them.

Still i do not blame on people who are not even considering forums and articles as good for promotion.

expertofexperts, Nov 26, 2009 IP