1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Feature Thread Sort Order

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by digitalpoint, Aug 1, 2009.

1. joelwyn

joelwyn Active Member

Best Answers:
    If there is the case, it wouldn't be a problem. Everyone here can change the thread sort order themself but not for people who didn't know this option. So if there gona be an announcement to guide new members to change the thread sort order, why don't we just default them ? I mean those people who prefer the current thread sort order can change them while we default the old 1.
    Anyway, most of the problems arised is linked. I mean start from seller :

Old System

Seller ---> Sell products ( High quality and receive lot of reviews) ---> New customers every week because the thread is visible (new members found their service ) -->Motivation for the Seller to keep brainstorming and providing more and more quality services ---> Myself ( Buyer most of the time) ----> Free shopping ---> Saw a quality service because it is visible on first to second page---> Purchase because of the quality---> and keep looking for new quality services.

New system

Seller ---> Sell products ( High quality and receive lot of reviews) ---> No New customers because the thread is not visible as their thread sunk in the 10th page (new members missed up their service ) --> Quality seller lost sales, no motivation --> Try to create a new thread--> no luck and get no sales because of missing of the convincing and heaps of reviewed old thread --> upset --? Give up and move on to find another heaven ---> Average service provider --> Repeat/duplicate the same thread every 2 days because they got less competitor now --> Myself ( Buyer ) ---> Free shopping ---> Saw same people selling same things most of the time ---> Try to look for quality service until third page ---> Gave up because he realize most of it is from the same seller ---> Cut down the frequency of visit ---> Upset and have to look for other places to get service instead of getting everything in one point.

Note : Is all linked, because new members or 50% of members here din't know that they can change the sort order stuff, the seller loss sales and no motivation. So what is the point of us to change the sort order ourself while it won't give us much changes ?

Cheers

joelwyn, Nov 8, 2009 IP
    akki313 and addlinkurl like this.
  2. salaxzar

salaxzar Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    you hit the nail on the head :D

salaxzar, Nov 8, 2009 IP
  3. MhW

MhW Active Member

Best Answers:
    Wouldn't stop people asking their friends to bump the topic, and certainly wouldn't stop sellers posting things like "Thanks for the comments :D" after every reply. *shrug*

MhW, Nov 9, 2009 IP
  4. blog8491

blog8491 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    As a service provider, I feel less amount of orders after this change. As a test I posted a similar thread in another forum and got too many orders within 2 days which equals to number of orders in one week at DP.
    Please restore previous settings.

Thanks
    Blog.

blog8491, Nov 9, 2009 IP
  5. Helvetii

Helvetii Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Whichever BST system we are under, I strongly feel that posts by the OP should not bump the thread. Not only will it reduce 90% of the bumps it'll also ensure that the OP can communicate openly in the thread w/o fearing an infraction.

Helvetii, Nov 9, 2009 IP
    salaxzar and Love* like this.
  6. Love*

Love* Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Now this is actually a very smart suggestion.

Love*, Nov 9, 2009 IP
    salaxzar likes this.
  7. salaxzar

Best Answers:
    Thats the best suggestion on this whole thread , but dunno if its possible (in coding sense)

salaxzar, Nov 9, 2009 IP
  8. Love*

Love* Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    This way we can update our threads without hassle (& without feeling the urge/need to create duplicate threads everytime we make significant changes to our sales).

Love*, Nov 9, 2009 IP
  9. jhmattern

jhmattern Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    It wouldn't address the fact that they're still padding their post count if they make constant "updates," post "thanks," etc. And we all know that despite the fact post count should mean very little, people still associate it with being more reputable, making higher post counts attractive to scammers. We'd also still have people doing it to increase posts counts b/c they're selling their sig links and can get more money for more posts.

jhmattern, Nov 9, 2009 IP
  10. Helvetii

Helvetii Notable Member

Best Answers:
    90% of the posts (which would run into 100's each day) in GC and Underground are exactly that. Just pick up any thread with 2-3 pages and you'll see what I'm talking about. Post Padding is a bigger problem in GC/underground and Google Forum than it'll be in the BST.

Helvetii, Nov 9, 2009 IP
  11. jhmattern

Best Answers:
    That doesn't mean it should be allowed or encouraged any way in BST. Two wrongs don't make a right and all....

12. salaxzar

Best Answers:
    To that ders an easy solution.Disable increase of post counts in BST section.

Same thing happens on BHW BST section and its perfectly fine.(I am not pormoting BHW forum in any sense , if someone thinks that)

salaxzar, Nov 9, 2009 IP
  13. jhmattern

Best Answers:
    And it still wouldn't account for any other bumping issues of bumping for friends (which happens often enough), bumping with duplicate accounts (less frequent, but still enough of a problem), etc. It's not a solution that equally equally addresses the bumping problems when compared to the current setup.

sawz likes this.
  14. joelwyn

joelwyn Active Member

Best Answers:
    Bumping is an issue, losing potential and quality seller and buyer is bigger issue (at least for me ) . I mean like if one people against the new feature, that's fine but the situation now is like there are 8 over 10 users against this system. Think about it, it must be something wrong with it.
    The best part is those users is keep looking for better solution for the board. I mean why don't we try it before we say no ?

joelwyn, Nov 9, 2009 IP
  15. akki313

akki313 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Its not 8/10.. its is actually 9.9/10 in which remaining 0.1 includes a mod or admin. :|

Starving due to less orders... This new rule S*cks..

akki313, Nov 9, 2009 IP
    joelwyn and salaxzar like this.
  16. salaxzar

Best Answers:
    Agreed , but isnt the decline in the quality of services now being offered a much more big problem??

Exactly...Acc to me only a very very less % of BST users are happy.

Wont like to comment on the mods or admin , but yeah the new rule is a big let down for most of the BST users.

salaxzar, Nov 9, 2009 IP
  17. joshuaadams

joshuaadams Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I really wish there will be a "Pay per bump" option at least.

joshuaadams, Nov 12, 2009 IP
  18. AaRGeE

AaRGeE Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Wouldnt that be good?..

Seller start a thread
    His posts wont bump up the thread
    He is only allowed to post twice on each page
    His Posts count will not increase if post in his threads!

Or maybe.. if possible

A "Seller Certificate by DP"
    All above limits.
    Seller certificate = Power to delete the useless post from his own thread (all posts that breaks B/s/t rules)
    If any Seller with Seller certificate do not delete the useless posts in 48 hours (from the last time he is online) from his thread than he may receives a warning .. 10 warning = Removed from seller certificate

:D I would like it !! Feels like Half mod!

AaRGeE, Nov 13, 2009 IP
  19. STAR Cruiser

STAR Cruiser Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Will paid 1st page listing works out? l mean like ebay.
    I really like ebay.Only serious people will sell over there.May be we can stop unwanted threads.

And bumping will have no effect why because it is paid listing.

STAR Cruiser, Nov 13, 2009 IP
  20. MhW

MhW Active Member

Best Answers:
    Both neat ideas, wouldn't mind if either were considered.

Only problem is:
    ...surely people would also delete all negative feedback from their thread also? :confused:

MhW, Nov 13, 2009 IP