1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I just made my first sale

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by enigma104, Nov 7, 2009.

Alright so finally the work has paid off. As some of you know I began my journey by opening the website www.pickingupgirlstonight.com about 5 months ago or so. I placed several advertisements on the site including adsense.

From there I just began writing articles for the site and for ezine. Very sporadically finally though i received a 21 dollar commission on a product I was afiilating.

Its an extremely rewarding feeling. I have a few question though.

1. Overall do individuals who just register a really good domain/good seo and keyword...but there page is simply a one pager with info and comparison generally earn more than those individuals, like myself whom attempt to actually create a "real" website with unique content and some banners to affiliate products.

2. What do you guys generally hold as a rule of thumb when it comes to product price.....the product that i sold was actually 42 dollars but the customer bought two bottles for 69. Seems really high I converted him at a 1:67 ration...horrible i know. should I try to sell cheaper products?

Any other ideas in order to maximize the use of my website to create revenue?

enigma104, Nov 7, 2009 IP
  2. DGMarkets

DGMarkets Peon

Best Answers:
    Congratulations! Looks like you had the fortitude to stick with it, which is not true of everybody who tries their hand at internet marketing. Keep doing what you've been doing, and more of it, and keep looking for opportunities to expand your marketing scope. It takes time to build any business, so patience and persistence are key.

I'll take a stab at answering your questions, though others may be able to provide more valuable insights.

1.. In the long run I believe a real website with unique content will always perform better. Success is not an overnight thing, but if you have something of value in itself and not just ads your business will continue to grow with time.

2.. Find out what others are selling the same or similar products for. Value is an important aspect of selling anything, and you can't be successful unless you truly understand the value of your wares. Also remember that you have a responsibility to help maintain the value of your products, so avoid the temptation to sell too cheaply. You devalue your own product and drive the market down. Just set a price point that is competitive and trust to your persistence in marketing to build you up to your fair share.

DGMarkets, Nov 7, 2009 IP
  3. Webwaster

Webwaster Peon

Best Answers:
    Can I just also add to what DGMarkets is saying, when he says: "Keep doing what you've been doing, and more of it".

In addition to that also, learn what works and do more of it. Experiment with ideas occasionally, but stick to the things that you already know work—do more of those.

I also wrote a list of about 20 guidelines to help write better content for the web. I am not allowed to post links and signatures yet because I'm a new member, but here it the URL:

http://www.websitehomework.com/guidelines-write-great-content-for-the-web.html

Webwaster, Nov 7, 2009 IP
  4. dukeofism

dukeofism Peon

Best Answers:
    Congratulations. Now just increase the number of sales you can convert on by increasing your traffic and you will be making millions in no time!

dukeofism, Nov 7, 2009 IP
  5. Webwaster

Webwaster Peon

Best Answers:
    Lol. The problem is, increasing traffic. Most traffic is not targeted, that's another problem.

Webwaster, Nov 7, 2009 IP
  6. bluebelt91

bluebelt91 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    congratulation!!
    I guess you need to use PPC more to attract potential customer..
    use adsense,YSM and facebook to get interested customer..

bluebelt91, Nov 8, 2009 IP
  7. conceptskateboarding

conceptskateboarding Peon

Best Answers:
    Wow nice one! That must feel really good!

conceptskateboarding, Nov 8, 2009 IP
  8. ska_defender

ska_defender Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    COngrats and good luck 4 the future

ska_defender, Nov 8, 2009 IP
  9. enigma104

enigma104 Peon

Best Answers:
    thanks guys, ya i had been really bummed out cause of the lack of sales and then i had a crazy night out a few days ago.....i had a gnarly dream and for some reason a part of it was me making my first sale...but then my check never showing up.

I woke up and went to check the computer and BOOM first sale....hopefully the check shows up!!!!!

enigma104, Nov 8, 2009 IP
  10. WebsiteEdinburgh

WebsiteEdinburgh Peon

Best Answers:
    Well done.

I remember what it was like to get that first sale and it's a very rewarding feeling.

Just keep up the hard work, you've obviously got the persistance.

WebsiteEdinburgh, Nov 8, 2009 IP
  11. Screengold

Screengold Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, congratulations - I too remember that first sale - it was a big day - I couldn't quite believe everything I had read was true, and was paying off (literally). The thing is, now you've done that, you must realise, that's only the beginning... the sky is the limit....

Screengold, Nov 8, 2009 IP
  12. Deeds

Deeds Peon

Best Answers:
    Good Job! keep up the good work!

Deeds, Nov 8, 2009 IP
  13. magnettechnologies

magnettechnologies Peon

Best Answers:
    congratulation for your first sale, more no of visits give u more sale

magnettechnologies, Nov 8, 2009 IP
  14. Steve Powers

Steve Powers Peon

Best Answers:
    Congratulations.It doesn't matter whether you sell cheap or expensive products.Pay more attention to the quality
    and custom service.This may help you keep your old customers.By the way,what's wrong with your website?I can't
    open it.

Steve Powers, Nov 8, 2009 IP
  15. aramnet

aramnet Peon

Best Answers:
    good job mybe they gana bye it from u so u should wait

aramnet, Nov 9, 2009 IP
  16. stoneworth

stoneworth Peon

Best Answers:
    Congratulate!!! keep it up so your earning will increase multiple.

stoneworth, Nov 9, 2009 IP
  17. DubDubDubDot

DubDubDubDot Peon

Best Answers:
    That is actually a really good ratio for adult themed products. Don't pay too much attention to ratios until you've sent a lot more traffic than 67.

DubDubDubDot, Nov 9, 2009 IP
  18. Ryan6

Ryan6 Peon

Best Answers:
    Just gotta say, you've gotta great blog there. It's the kinda site that would get plenty of subscribers which is always the way to go. That 10 mins with Nick Savoy video was funny. Keep it up man.:D

Ryan6, Nov 9, 2009 IP
  19. turnkeyinternet

turnkeyinternet Active Member

Best Answers:
    Congrads on the first sale. Expand into new advertising methods. Find keywords and websites that cater to your niche and take it all the way.

turnkeyinternet, Nov 9, 2009 IP
  20. SheilaOcean

SheilaOcean Peon

Best Answers:
    Congrats!!! Awesome job, and I remember my 1st sale...its so exciting and kinda scary at the same time..but exciting for sure. Keep going!!! Make more sales. you can do it!

SheilaOcean, Nov 9, 2009 IP