1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What is Profile Link Building...

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by mluther, Nov 7, 2009.

Hi,

We have been doing profile link building for many clients in DP. What we found is many do not know what is profile links and how this will help in our link building activity.

What is this?
    Many community websites like forum, community journals allows users to register in their website and have crawlable members page. This is our chance to get backlinks from these websites.

How to do?
    Go to these websites, register with them and edit your profile to add your links with anchors. You would be either using html or bb codes for links.

Will it help in serp?
    Definitely. If you are interested I can share some successful websites who's backlinks comes only from profile pages.

Here is the work flow
    [​IMG]

Some Samples
    http://www.acrobatusers.com/users/digimak
    http://forum.developers.facebook.com...e.php?id=41998
    http://wnyu.nyu.edu/forum/profile.php?id=3691
    http://www.brianmadden.com/members/digimak/default.aspx

Hope you got the knowledge.

Thanks
    Luther

mluther, Nov 7, 2009 IP
  2. anhbloginc

anhbloginc Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for great post. But almost profile links page with PR0 or less. It can help you much, except you building PR for it first.

anhbloginc, Nov 7, 2009 IP
  3. mluther

mluther Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks. I agree that most of the profile pages will have less PR. But the PR of home page is high. This means a link from authority site with anchor text will help you climb ranking very easily.

In my opinion increasing PR must be secondary. Because PR is just only among 200 signals that Google takes in account to rank your page. I have seen several PR 5, PR 6 websites have hardly any thing in rankings. On the other hand I have seen PR 0 websites getting more than 1000 visitors a day from search engine ranks. To increase PR, there are many other methods like blog commenting, Social bookmarking.

Hope I addressed your concern.

mluther, Nov 7, 2009 IP
  4. bpled

bpled Guest

Best Answers:
    You should buy the link building guide of blackbelt777 :)

it not that im advertising but its the first guide that gives me a BIG SERP BOOST!
    SO THANKS AGAIN TERRY for you help!

bpled, Nov 8, 2009 IP
  5. bpled

bpled Guest

Best Answers:
    Sorry, but i dont like your link building model.

bpled, Nov 8, 2009 IP
  6. Jstetson

Jstetson Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah. this nothing new.

Jstetson, Nov 8, 2009 IP
  7. simpseo

simpseo Active Member

Best Answers:
    Backlinks from profile pages are useless, because the profile pages themselves have no PR nor any backlinks. I would be quite happy to change my mind if you provide me with the details of just one website that ranks well for a decent keyword and only has backlinks from PR0 profile pages.

simpseo, Nov 8, 2009 IP
  8. mluther

mluther Peon

Best Answers:
    I have sent a PM with proof. Now will you believe.

I just wanted to make profile link building clear to newbies, not to great seoins like you....:)

mluther, Nov 8, 2009 IP
  9. simpseo

simpseo Active Member

Best Answers:
    The site is ranking 2nd for a term that has 320 searches per month and 2.6 million competing pages, so not that competitive really.

The problem here is that this site also has natural backlinks as well as forum links, some of these coming from home pages.

I'm surprised you just don't mention the site in this thread - a lot of people have come across this site before and a lot of people have talked about it - that's why it also has forum links and other different links.

To be honest, I'm surprised it ranks in second place, even with the lack of real competition, but then again I haven't really studied the competing pages and as mentioned above, with a low monthly search volume not many people will be putting that much effort into ranking well for this phrase.

The link you've provided isn't conclusive proof because it has a varied link profile and links from home pages.

There are some facts we do know about Google's algorithm, one being that links from pages which have no backlinks themselves are pretty useless. It doesn't matter if that page is on a high PR domain, the fact it that it isn't trusted by the search engines because it isn't linked to from any trusted pages on that domain.

I think I'm now going to drop discussing this subject now, because it comes up all the time. Someone debunks the method and yet people still continue to believe it works. So if people want to believe this, that's fine with me, they can waste their time or maybe a few $$ until they figure out that it isn't helping them in the SERPs.

simpseo, Nov 8, 2009 IP
  10. selectsplat

selectsplat Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    False. That's an urban myth.

Pagerank is assigned to a PAGE, not a SITE. Having a backlink on a PR0 page of a site that is PR0 provides no significant SE benefit whatsoever.

selectsplat, Nov 8, 2009 IP
  11. selectsplat

selectsplat Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It's fairly easy to achieve high SERP positions on non-competitive key phrases with only on page optimization.

If I create a page, and optimize it for the keyphrase 'gweeboo disk', I can achieve first place on the SERP for 'gweeboo disk' with only pr0 profile page backlinks. But if the key phrase isn't searched for, then it's not very useful.

In order to get high poisitons on SERPS that are actually, you know, searched for, you're going to need backlinks from quality, relevant sites with good PR.

selectsplat, Nov 8, 2009 IP
  12. arrisweb

arrisweb Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    mluther - I see these community profile pages are cached by google 1 day ago, so it is good backlink.

Do you have any list of community urls where is possible to get profile link?

arrisweb, Nov 8, 2009 IP
  13. beacon.seo

beacon.seo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    i've been doing this for a month now for a client. i think the result is good imo.

beacon.seo, Nov 8, 2009 IP
  14. mluther

mluther Peon

Best Answers:
    Sorry guys, I have seen the results for myself and I have seen many getting same results too. It will not be possible for me to tell each and every urls. Its up to you to trust and believe, I will not force.

Can any one share their success? Would be of great help to the community.

mluther, Nov 8, 2009 IP
  15. LinkGenie

LinkGenie Active Member

Best Answers:
    Profile link building may help your SERP. But comparing to other link building methods its very slow and less in value. I have done this for my sites but does very little effect on SERP comparing to other methods.

LinkGenie, Nov 8, 2009 IP
  16. newlogo

newlogo Peon

Best Answers:
    ys it simple, u just need to open account and edit profile with your site url.

newlogo, Nov 8, 2009 IP
  17. sunny61162

sunny61162 Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah, I'm seeing awesome results with Angela and Paul's link packages. They are pretty cool! :)

sunny61162, Nov 9, 2009 IP
  18. host1plus

host1plus Peon

Best Answers:
    This is impossible, man... there to many ways to be ranked well...

host1plus, Nov 9, 2009 IP
  19. peterjim

peterjim Peon

Best Answers:
    thx for the nice post it is shot but too informative

peterjim, Nov 9, 2009 IP
  20. simpseo

simpseo Active Member

Best Answers:
    People use several link building techniques, including this profile method. They see gains in the SERPs and attribute it to the profile method. The only way to test the method is to use it in isolation rather than mix it with other methods.

Clearly, many people love this method. It's cheap, it's easy and simple to get to grips with. I'm going to bow out of this discussion now and get on with some link building which has proven results.

simpseo, Nov 9, 2009 IP