1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Making Money With Google Adsense

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by pearlgurl, Nov 7, 2009.

Hi

Have you ever think how much important is to choose the Right and High Paying keywords for making money from adsense? Here is a screen shot of my last days earning (Day just started).

[​IMG]

Did you see, almost same page impressions and same number of clicks but the huge difference in earning!:) That is what a high paying right keyword could do.

How To Pick a High Paying Niche

Google Adsense since you shouldn't have to spend a ton of money to make money. One of the most important thing, if not the most important, for making money with Google Adsense is picking the right niche and using the right keywords. This comes before SEO and I usually spend just as much time researching keywords and niches as I do setting up sites and writing.

Let us start from the beginning. When I started this Google Adsense thing, I was logical. "More traffic equals more money". This is true but is not the whole story. What I didn't take into account was competition and Google payouts. Google Adsense will pay you more money for certain niches and keywords than others and this is a plain fact. I've read many article that point to this google tool: Adwords.This is no doubt a great tool, but it's even better if you know how to use it properly and that is just one of the things I want to show you today.

[​IMG]

Click on the adwords link above. This will take you to the google keyword tool. I want you to type in the word 'chicken'. Let's pretend you are making a site about chicken. Now what shows up are a few things. The advertiser competition shows up, which is irrelevant to you, the local and global search volumes for the past month show up, and related terms show up. Right off the bat what we want to do is to get rid of the advertiser competition. Go to where it says 'choose columns to display' and choose to hide the advertiser competition. Now that that's gone we're going to add something. Click on the 'choose columns to display' again and choose to show the estimated average CPC. CPC is cost per click and it will tell you how much a click on an ad is worth. We see that the keyword chicken gets a TON of searches each month. But that's not the whole story. Now that we can see the CPC, we see that it's really low. It's only $0.44 and you're only going to make about 25% (sometimes even less) of the CPS. That's $0.11 per click. That doesn't seem very promising. Now I want you to type in SEO (abbreviation for Search Engine Optimization). That gets less searches a month, but you it's a much high CPC at $4.18 which translates into $1.04. Now try it with your own keywords and find something that works better for you. My advice would be, at least when you're starting out, to choose topics you're interested in. Think of what you're searching for on the internet because odds are someone else is, too, and google Adsense will have ads for it.

The second rule I learned about how to pick a good niche and keywords was the rule of competition. If you're a newbie and you make a site about SEO, there's virtually no way you're going to get that site ranked in google search results for a very very long time. What you want is a lot of searches which you can see from the Google Adwords Tool but at the same time low competition. The way you check on this is easy. Download the SEO Toolbar here by clicking on the link. It's free and very useful. Once it's downloaded, restart your search engine and do a google search for the niche or keyword you are targeting. The google results page will come up, and under each of the sites is information about the sites. The first piece of information it gives you is PR or page rank. There will be a question mark next to it and you need to click on the question mark. The basic rule I follow is this: I find out the page rank for the first five sites to come up on the google results page. I want them to be as low as possible. I figure that if I can't get into the top five positions for my keywords, it's a waste of my time because it's just too competitive. Sites ranking 3 and under are good. If they all fall at 3 or under I go for it. If more than two are 4 or over I leave it. If two or less are 4 I go for it. Basically, three out of the first five sites have to have a pagerank of 3 or under, otherwise leave it. Once you have a handful of sites going and get the hang of it you can change the rule. But if you're a beginner you shouldn't be going after sites that are 4 or over.

Well, these are my two methods of finding high paying niches and keywords that are attainable and time worthy. This is how I make money with google adsense, combined with SEO, well written articles, a good amount of and patience and devotion. Keyword researching is just as important as any of these other things and as you get the hang of it you will find yourself earning more and more Google Adsense dollars.

I hope someone finds some value in these tips and good luck!

pearlgurl, Nov 7, 2009 IP
    webrickco, broncofan and newbie191 like this.
  2. anujain75

anujain75 Peon

Best Answers:
    Very well said. Finding the right keyword in the key. For example the technical and programming topics pay very less.

anujain75, Nov 7, 2009 IP
  3. suwi

suwi Peon

Best Answers:
    ouh..nicee tips....and of course i got sm value here that is the keyword things ....i just newbie and need learn much...thank you and i hope more successful to you

suwi, Nov 7, 2009 IP
  4. IMPackage

IMPackage Active Member

Best Answers:
    That's really a helpful info in getting high paying keywords, it really can increase your payouts from putting the lower paying keywords on your page.

IMPackage, Nov 7, 2009 IP
  5. pearlgurl

pearlgurl Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Niche is very important because your total income would be dependant on this factor. Generally people keep searching for high paying adsense keywords to start websites but in general Entertainment niche sucks because they pay very less and the reason behind that is conversions in buisness/ROI. If there is a finance related website advertising their products they can expect a good ROI because they are expecting a sale of some product and hence they can obviously pay higher in adwords in order to get more traffic and conversions, but entertainment niche advertisers just need visitors for branding and increasing website popularity and hence they are the ones who look for high traffic which may be of any kind and this is the reason they bid very less and the same is affected to the adsense users who get paid less.

pearlgurl, Nov 7, 2009 IP
  6. ejay

ejay Peon

Best Answers:
    your earning per day is so impressive, i had read somewhere in the internet that good & niche keywords does really help the amount of money you'll from the adsense clicks. i have few niche blog and it's really hard for me to get even 1 click per day (3 months old blogs ). So i believe, I have to concentrate in promoting the blogs first. Any tips you can provide me peargurl? ;)

ejay, Nov 8, 2009 IP
  7. ejay

ejay Peon

Best Answers:
    Recently, I tried something new which is Adsense for Domain (AFD) . From the information I get from those who already did this, they can easily generate some great income with this AFD program. An example of website which is built specifically for Adsense for Domain can be seen here at online-futures-trading.co.cc . I mean those AFD webpage only contains tonnes of Googles Ads there and I wonder who'll be interested to visit those kind of website? It kinda weird when they say the earn that much from AFD, sometime they earn even higher then they get from AFC (Adsense for Content). Unfortunately, that is true since I see with my bare eyes their adsense account. The thing is those experts are too stingy to share their techniques on how to increase revenue from AFD by increasing numbers of visitor to the AFD domain. So .. I really wish, if you guys could help me to sort it out. TQ

ejay, Nov 8, 2009 IP
  8. andri2121

andri2121 Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks so much for the lesson peargurl, i like the way you are writing, please write again for us :) ... Thanks again!

andri2121, Nov 8, 2009 IP
  9. makeit easy

makeit easy Active Member

Best Answers:
    Higher PR is not equal to better SERPs.
    PR is losing its meaning everyday. Sometimes you can't beat a PR1 site in no way :) You also disregarded the power of Yahoo and Bing

makeit easy, Nov 8, 2009 IP
  10. amishaseth

amishaseth Peon

Best Answers:
    thanks alot for gr8 post
    i am crying...you know why...
    because when i typed bollywood actress

bollywood actress pictures
    bollywood actress kareena
    bollywood actress aishwarya
    bollywood actress kiss
    bollywood actress bikini
    bollywood actress kissing
    bollywood actress
    bollywood actress cleavage

Please dear can you plz explain what we get in this niche bollywood
    0.001 cent
    or
    only 00000 cent:mad:
    oh God how can anyone pay just 0.01 for click

Last edited: Nov 8, 2009
    amishaseth, Nov 8, 2009 IP
  11. makeit easy

Best Answers:
    @amishaseth; If the visitors don't convert, Adsense never pay more than a paid to click/surfing site. In the long term, Adsense might ban the site or the whole Adsense account if you send a lot of non-converting visitors. If you get only 0.001 cent per click, you can earn more with a different ad network. Because $0.001 is too low.

12. pearlgurl

Best Answers:
    Yeah, I am not saying that PR is everything. But I feel it is easier for a newbie to out rank a no pagerank site than PR 4 site.

I don't prefer AFD more many reasons. Some are;

* Search Indexing – Obviously Google is not going to index any domain enrolled in this program, a major drawback to anyone interested in driving more traffic and increasing site value.
    * Domain Sales Contact – As far as I am aware there is no option to notify visitors that your domain may be for sale or how to contact you, please correct me if I am wrong.
    * Unique Landing Page Design - Google is good at simplicity. Pages may convert but won’t look good.
    * Unique Keyword Rich Content – It is impossible to add any custom content whatsoever to your domains.
    * Alternate Revenue – There will be no option to include affiliate links, products or leads of any kind.
    * Customization – No real way to fix any of the above.

These are huge features that benefit domainers by increasing the short and long term value of your domain name properties.

Google’s AdSense for Domains is simply boring domain parking for the general public repackaged and sold direct from the provider. They are taking a step backwards in the evolution of domain parking.

Don’t worry about activating your AdSense for Domains account, it will probably just disappoint and waste your time. However, I must admit I will be interested to hear about initial conversion rates and revenue earnings per click.

From my experience I can say, Asian targeted traffic will not take you anywhere with Adsense. Maximum I usually see is $.50-$.75 for finance niches where I get $5-$7 from US or Europe. Entertainment keywords never give me more than $0.15 from Asian traffic.

pearlgurl, Nov 8, 2009 IP
  13. amishaseth

amishaseth Peon

Best Answers:
    hello dear i just want to know
    if i have bollywood entertainment website
    and on this website if i start some other topic like SEO..or
    if i start new page related to SEO.....which Google Ad comes on that page? Seo ad or Bollywood Actress Ad
    and
    what i will get if SEO Ad comes and clicked by visitor
    SEO cpc amount 1$
    or
    bollywood actress amount 0.01 cent
    can you please guide.
    niche relates to website name
    or niche relates to topic in website

amishaseth, Nov 8, 2009 IP
  14. pearlgurl

Best Answers:
    It depends on the ads will show on your page. If you monetize well for SEO then slowly seo ads will start to show in you page.

15. timosai

timosai Active Member

Best Answers:
    keywords are far more important than traffic, and i think the OP has hit the nail on the head.
    Doesn't matter how much traffic you get to your site if your keywords are only paying 0.05/click.
    Better off going for CPM type deals if you have so much thoroughfare and low paying click rates.

timosai, Nov 8, 2009 IP
  16. pearlgurl

Best Answers:
    Well, as I said the most important is you have to select niches with high paying keywords. Examples are weight loss, travel, acne, legal advice etc. You must not build sites with low CPC - like sports socks or cheese.

Now, you should know that you will not get paid the real AdWords CPC. When estimating AdSense earnings, I assume that Google will keep 50% and the content network will result in a 60% reduction from that. So, I assume that I get a CPC of 20% of the AdWords cost. That is a rough estimate. It means that if someone is paying $5 for a click, I will get to keep a dollar.

If you are getting $0.01 for clicks, you are either targeting a low-paying niche or your account is “smart priced” due to low conversions or low CTR.

See, if you are trying to make money from AdSense, you need to understand some basic economics. The AdSense ad is on your site in the first place only because some business person is paying Google to get a click that will convert into profit. Google's gross profit is the amount that Google get's paid for the click minus the cost that takes them to get the click.

What is Google's cost to get the click? Well, fundamentally, they need to pay for the people and machines that run AdSense, and they need to pay you for the click. That is why they care about CTR (Click Thru Rate). It costs them money to show the ad (server time, bandwidth, etc). If they have to show an ad 100 times to get one click, they are bummed. That is why the penalize advertisers and publishers for low CTR.

So, the money they pay you is the amount they got for the click minus their cost and profit (basically). This means that if you want to get good money from your niche site using AdSense, you need to target high-paying keywords.

17. farhajr

farhajr Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    farhajr, Nov 8, 2009 IP
  18. makeit easy

Best Answers:
    I liked your last post. I have dictionary domains to be developed. I checked them at the Adwords tool you provided in your first post. I saw that some of my domains, especially financial words, are very high paying like $40+ per click. These domains have high search volumes. But they are in the competitive niches. I am not a good writer. Even I am not sure if Wordpress would be the best platform for an informational text-based MFA site. May be static HTML pages can do better than Wordpress. Because I will have to purchase 20-30 unique articles for each of my domains. Then I won't add new articles for a long time. Or should I search for a partnership with a writer? I tried to sell my domains but the offers were not satisfactory.

In short, do you have any suggestion to whom has high paying domains in parking?

19. pearlgurl

Best Answers:
    I use the second one.

In order to monetize a niche website using Google AdSense, it is important that the site be well optimized for keyword phrases relevant to the niche subject. There are two reasons search engine optimization is integral to generating revenue with AdSense:

1. A site that isn't well optimized is not likely to generate a lot of organic search engine traffic, which means there will be less visitors to a site. The less visitors, the less people to click on ads, the less potential there is for a passive income stream.
    2. Google AdSense serves up ads based on the keyword phrases present in the web copy. The better optimized content is for a particular keyword phrase, the better the chances are that AdSense will present ads that readers will want to click on.

When considering what keyword phrases to use for a niche site it is a good idea to include high competition, high CPC keywords. While it may be difficult to rank in search engine results for these keywords, they make great secondary keyword phrases that can attract high-paying ads for a website.

I already told my opinion about adsense for domain. Could be working for many people but not for me. :)

monfis likes this.
  20. ORZ

ORZ Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I'm seriously happy that you have succeeded with earning a good amount, but I'd consider playing it safer then 30% CTR. It's simply too high as it states that your page isn't getting any views, just visitors incoming and leaving by clicking some ad.

Yet again, it's just my cents and it's always up to a person to do what he think is best.

ORZ, Nov 8, 2009 IP