1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Can this webhost sustain my proxies?

Discussion in 'Web Hosting' started by rome9t9, Nov 6, 2009.

I have a proxy netwrok with 800 UV/day and i use 2.5 GB per day..i got info on a webhost and asked their support and they gave me this status report..I am not much knowledgeable in this..please see this link and tell if it can sustain my proxy network.

I am bit apprehensive cos their rates are too cheap to believe.

this is the link for their server status: hxxp://hostxweb.com/status/

don't overlook the "xx" in the link above:p

Thanks.

rome9t9, Nov 6, 2009 IP
  2. new

new Peon

Best Answers:
    800 uv is not much, the host should not have any problem with that

the link you gave shows the stats of a single server, single server company won't be much established, better to go with a established name

and they don't seem to be much interested in securing stuff or protecting privacy of users
    http://hostxweb.com/status/admin/options/connections.php?port=80# shows all the tcp current connections to the server
    and http://hostxweb.com/status/admin/options/connections.php?port=22 ssh connections

even the script they are using for monitoring seems to be broken and throwing out errors

you can see more stuff from http://hostxweb.com/status/admin/options/
    and you are even able to add-remove things .. real intelligent host, I would say

Last edited: Nov 7, 2009
    new, Nov 7, 2009 IP
    zipdrive likes this.
  3. soldoni

soldoni Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    depends on host owner! I was banned in many hosts for one of my network (20 domains - 3000 UV) and all offered unmetered fetures! LOL
    I can suggest you to buy more domains about 10-20 and host them in a VPS ;)

soldoni, Nov 7, 2009 IP
  4. rome9t9

rome9t9 Peon

Best Answers:
    Ok..it seems they finally "secured their stuff"..well, this thread is pointless now..mods please close this..thanks new and soldoni for your responses.

rome9t9, Nov 7, 2009 IP
  5. new

new Peon

Best Answers:
    yes, it was pretty quick of them

new, Nov 7, 2009 IP
  6. Kevinwills

Kevinwills Peon

Best Answers:
    Hostxweb.com simply scam hosting ! I advise you members dont signup there avoid some unwanted happenings they wont refund your money in that way i lost my 7$ for using reseller hosting 5$(13 days),and a shared hosting 2$(8 days) i didnt like their service so I told him to delete my all account and refund that 7$ but the owner told itll take 48 hrs to process.So i waited that time.But after that also he didnt processed,i asked him via support ticket he didnt answered.So i decided to claim it via paypal but till now he didnt give a single answer.The owner of hostxweb yajur he cheated me.Now im waiting for paypal escalation.So members of this forum dont fall in attractive offers if you want a good host just go anywhere,leave this hostxweb.com even dont think abt to enter hostxweb.com & save your money.I experienced it so im sharing this for your goodness.

Kevinwills, Dec 7, 2009 IP
  7. ~ServerPoint~

~ServerPoint~ Banned

Best Answers:
    I believe they do have money back guarantee policy? So I believe you will be able to use it for some time and then return money or go ahead

~ServerPoint~, Dec 8, 2009 IP