1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Could any expert explain google sitemap to us ?

Discussion in 'Google Sitemaps' started by prince_sasa, Nov 5, 2009.

Hello
    I am totally new and know nothing about google sitemaps
    and my site has Vbulletin
    first of all could any one help me to explain to me what is the google sitemaps exactly and how it works?
    second , how can i make my google sitemap for my site for example different from other sites and better?
    third , please don't talk like i know some information about google sitemaps as i really know nothing

and thanks in advance for your help with me

prince_sasa, Nov 5, 2009 IP
  2. webrickco

webrickco Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hi,

To make it simple, a sitemap is a file containing a list of URL (page addresses) from your site. The only purpose of a sitemap it to help the search engine to point out where your URL are, and be sure they get indexed successfully. With a sitemap, you can also set specific URL to be indexed by the search engine rather than others and set higher priorities to them. With the sitemap you can also instruct the search engine how often your content is changing.
    You can't make your sitemap "better" or "different" from an other. The only difference inside your sitemap will be its content, since it will contain URL from your site. As to the structure it will obey to specific rules that you can read on http://www.sitemaps.org/.

If you are interesting in building your own sitemap, there are several free tools (web or standalone) over the internet. In my opinion, the one I built is quite easy to use and possesses a lot of options for medium sites, up to 10000 URL. You can find it at http://www.webrickco.com/buildsitemap.php.
    After you have generated a sitemap file, you will have to place on the root of your server, and upload it into your google sitemap account (if we are talking about google), which is optional after you have uploaded it the first time.

Hoping that was clear enough, you can nonetheless contact me anytime if you have some doubts on the matter.

webrickco, Nov 5, 2009 IP
  3. prince_sasa

prince_sasa Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks webrickco for everything

but i have question in my mind

i know my friend that let's say for example when fifa2010 was released or even before
    he made SEO for his topic and became the first in Google and whatever topic he wants to make it the first in Google he does it

what does he do exactly to make this ?

and thanks again

prince_sasa, Nov 5, 2009 IP
  4. onsons

onsons Peon

Best Answers:
    thanks webrickco its really great support for me.

onsons, Nov 6, 2009 IP
  5. webrickco

webrickco Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well in fact to make first on Google will depend on many factors and Google has changing secret algorithms to rank users and display search results according to keyword research. Google have some wise recommendations for a better search engine indexing at http://www.google.com/support/webmasters/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=35291. They are quite good, but also quite generic. Nonetheless it guaranties 2 important things:
    -noone can claim to make your site first ranked in SE result search (unless of course SEO is made on criteria keywords that noone will ever use. In this case, it's quite easy). Don't believe those who would promise you "SE first page guarantied",
    -Quality and design of the site seems to be one the most relevant things to get a good rank on google SE results.

In the case of your friend, I suspect he first had a very good quality article (in my opinion content is everything, despite the fact I don't believe that automated content analysis is yet a trustful processing, but who knows with google), and to solve the problem of quality site design, maybe he hosted the information on blooger or some host that already provides with a strong flaw-proof technical environment?

webrickco, Nov 7, 2009 IP
  6. xhanch

xhanch Member

Best Answers:
    xhanch, Nov 14, 2009 IP
  7. prince_sasa

prince_sasa Peon

Best Answers:
    Okay thanks a lot
    But do you know expert that could help me and work in my site ?

prince_sasa, Nov 14, 2009 IP
  8. NickR25

NickR25 Peon

Best Answers:
    NickR25, Nov 15, 2009 IP
  9. prince_sasa

prince_sasa Peon

Best Answers:
    Hello Nick

i have important question

if i uninstalled this add-on , any problems will happen or not ?

prince_sasa, Nov 15, 2009 IP
  10. prince_sasa

prince_sasa Peon

Best Answers:
    again guys i need expert to help me in SEO with my site or teach me SEO

prince_sasa, Nov 15, 2009 IP
  11. NickR25

NickR25 Peon

Best Answers:
    No, nothing "bad" happens if you uninstall it, but I'm not sure why you would want to do that. You should utilize it to submit sitemaps to Google daily. It does it automatically for you - just set it and forget it. ;)

NickR25, Nov 15, 2009 IP