1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Avg. 5.57 CENTS/click? - How to improve this!?

Discussion in 'Placement / Reviews / Examples' started by rnc505, Oct 30, 2009.

I currently use adsense and after sending over 125k impressions, and receiving just over 2k clicks, I have ended up with $158. That is a pitiful $0.0575/click. Now yes my niche is arcade games (flash based games), but even 5 cents a click is low for that niche (as far as I know).

From using KeywordSpy.com, I've isolated arcade game related keywords that have a higher AdWords CPC and then possibly a higher Adsense CPC.

The keyword is: Computer Games.

MY site is: http://www.cubefieldgame.info

Can anyone tell me how to optimize my site such that adsense senses the main keyword(s) are Computer Games? Also, does anyone have any suggestions on a better CPC networks (and maybe a CPM network) for a site such as this?

Also, if anyone has ANY suggestion on better placement (BTW the left most adsense block has a high CPC than the above game one, but its CTR is significantly lower)? Maybe I should change the 468x60 to two 180x150s or 200x200?

All help if wanted and accepted!

THANK YOU!

rnc505, Oct 30, 2009 IP
  2. SmartVestor

SmartVestor Peon

Best Answers:
    Maybe a new design to make the site look a bit more fun.

SmartVestor, Nov 4, 2009 IP
  3. Benii

Benii Peon

Best Answers:
    wow, remind me not to advertise computer game ads..haha

Benii, Nov 4, 2009 IP
  4. gameutopia

gameutopia Peon

Best Answers:
    That sux. Sometimes I get only a few cents per click which sux, then I get 20, 30, 50 cents even a dollar once in a while. Then I'm like well that is more like it. Next thing I know back to a few cents again.

gameutopia, Nov 4, 2009 IP
  5. ali143

ali143 Peon

Best Answers:
    try to change your content to high paying keywords

ali143, Nov 5, 2009 IP
  6. Jontish

Jontish Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    A new design would probably do.

Jontish, Nov 5, 2009 IP
  7. adsenseplr

adsenseplr Active Member

Best Answers:
    New design would help but in the short term delete the block on the far left. For note I have being a load of split site testing the past few days. I have switched from 3 ad blocks to one large one top left with text wrap around. And as the first ad block google discovers in your html code get served witht hte highest value clicks. I can state as follows:
    Running 3 ad blocks - av $0.05-8 per click.
    Running 1 ad block - av $0.90 per click
    I'll leave you to do the maths - I've now changed my ads on four sites and in the past two days by decreasing the number of ads my daily income has gone up over 3 fold.
    "Sometimes more is less"
    Sorry also meant to say try the adsense headings in the same yellow as your header/logo. Also make the adsense urls black. And lastly and most importantly for a games site, give the image & text ads a try - only site I have ever done for a client that did well with image ads was a gaming site, we split tested and image ads on the games site massively outstripped text ads (But this is an exception not the norm, as all of the adsense image ads on the gaming site looked like part of the overall website)
    Give it a tr,
    Dickie

Last edited: Nov 5, 2009
    adsenseplr, Nov 5, 2009 IP
    rnc505 likes this.
  8. luizeba

luizeba Active Member

Best Answers:
    I recive 2.3 cents per click, and I'm not complaining here :confused:

luizeba, Nov 5, 2009 IP
  9. rnc505

rnc505 Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks dude - GREAT ADVICE!

If you check out my site now, the title of the ads are the same color as my logo, the url of ads is grey (supposed to be black but adsense wouldn't blend it), I've switched to Image/Text.

Originally I switched to Text because even though my CTR is 0.7% compared to the 8.9% of with image, my $$/click was greater (I got 67 clicks today - made $5.58 compared to 200 clicks and $3 w/ images).

I deleted the 120x240 and hopefully that will raise the $$$ made by the 2 250x250 - Maybe I'll additionally experiment with just 1 728x90 (or whatever the size is - LARGE HORIZONTAL AD) and see if that raises earnings!

THANKS BBBBIIIIIGGGG TIME!

rnc505, Nov 5, 2009 IP
  10. puti1

puti1 Member

Best Answers:
    Hi adsenseplr,
    You seems to be an adsense expert here :) Can you help me out here?
    My adsense earnings went from daily avg 10 USD to just 5 daily..This happened after i removed/block my adsense code from the an ad-sharing site (hubpages). In your opinion, do you think that there is a relationship for any drop in earnings? Could it be that hubpages is a more authoritative site and google is serving higher paying ads to my main site?
    Love to hear from your expert advice..

thanks

puti1, Nov 24, 2009 IP
  11. luckyluck

luckyluck Peon

Best Answers:
    flash game is niche very low CPC

luckyluck, Nov 25, 2009 IP
  12. seolinkservices

seolinkservices Peon

Best Answers:
    Adsense cost per click is lower compare before I don't know the exact reason but I always do comparison before.

seolinkservices, Nov 25, 2009 IP
  13. dtrainer

dtrainer Peon

Best Answers:
    Sometimes if you just move your add around the page can make a big difference. You have to monitor though these movements.

dtrainer, Nov 27, 2009 IP