1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

My Marketing Suggestions Thread

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by usasportstraining, Mar 20, 2008.

1. AngelaR

AngelaR Guest

Best Answers:
    No problem, think you could offer any advice for the link in my sig?

AngelaR, Apr 16, 2008 IP
  2. thallewell

thallewell Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Wow, these are great ideas. A few of them I have already had (and am doing) but a good handfull are things that I have never thought of.

You are awesome... Definitely get a reputation point for that one.

Thallewell

thallewell, Apr 16, 2008 IP
  3. kingsley

kingsley Member

Best Answers:

Thanks alot for your answer above to my question. Once again God bless you.
    Please let me not be too greedy. I have 3 other questions.
    1. how can i monetise this site to meet up my goal of $5000 per day income. Please am serious and i will work very hard for itand the best people to hire to work with me.
    2. how can i use all the shopping sites to my advantage and to spread my site through it.
    3. Recommend the best webhost for me and the bandwith and ready to pay the price, probably managed server.
    Thanks alot and God bless you.
    Kingsley

kingsley, Apr 17, 2008 IP
  4. markyd

markyd Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hello, looking for help here :)

I run a blog, just started it this week.

http://www.monkeyblogger.com

It's a blog about Internet tips and tricks, be it PHP, Wordpress, blogging, writing, etc. and I'm looking to promote the heck out of it :D

Any tips? :)

markyd, Apr 17, 2008 IP
  5. usasportstraining

usasportstraining Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Sorry for the incredibly late response. I didn't notice anyone responded. :eek:

Wow! You did a great job on the logo design! It looks very professional.

Blogging Success: How Much Do You Really Want It? <- very good read, and timely for certain people that I know.

You've got great content, so I think as people find it they'll want to come back. Keep it up!

Here's some ideas:

• Take part in social media sites and point visitors to your blog. Here's a list of dofollow ones.
    • Comment on similar blogs, with thoughtful posts.
    • Take part in related forums and include your sig
    • Take a look at Yahoo Pipes, as a way to distribute your feed, etc.
    • Consider Adsense Revenue Sharing for a couple of your better contributing writers. *Let me know if you do, I'll add it to the revenue sharing list.
    • Answer questions on Yahoo Answers, wis.dm, and others. When possible, include an appropriate link to your site.
    • Partner with similar bloggers, as your markets are similar. Share the wealth and you all benefit.
    • If you're really sincere and have good experience, share it with others via local community education, Open U, and other educational programs.
    • Possibly offer web seminars even.
    • Submit Press Releases
    • Keep writing!

usasportstraining, May 22, 2008 IP
  6. kingsley

kingsley Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks alot for your answer above to my question. Once again God bless you.
    Please let me not be too greedy. I have 3 other questions.
    1. how can i monetise this site to meet up my goal of $5000 per day income. Please am serious and i will work very hard for itand the best people to hire to work with me.
    2. how can i use all the shopping sites to my advantage and to spread my site through it.
    3. Recommend the best webhost for me and the bandwith and ready to pay the price, probably managed server.
    Thanks alot and God bless you.
    Kingsley

kingsley, May 22, 2008 IP
  7. Funk-woo10

Funk-woo10 Peon

Best Answers:
    ok can you recomend some tips for my rating and dating site (First sig link) ? Its getting around 100 new member per month.

Need to boost it !

Funk-woo10, May 22, 2008 IP
  8. nofullstop

nofullstop Peon

Best Answers:
    wow man

what a thread. I was amazed to see the hard work which you are doing..

I have been in the blogging world for 1.5 years and happy with my growth but recently I launched a forum and for the first time I am finding it tough to publicize it..

http://www.theSenorita.com/forums

It would be great if you could leave some tips to publicize this....

thnx

nofullstop, May 22, 2008 IP
  9. Decipher442

Decipher442 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I just reciently launched my new site http://UrlSnub.com, much work was put into creating this site as I wanted it to be more then just s short url service site. Upon launching I have been started a little bit of promotion tactics like my first Blog (literally my first ever blog, not sure if i did this right so take it easy on me) :), I have also started to do some link exchanges.

If you don't mind me asking have you any ideas for me and what would your professional recommendation for promotion be for a site like this?

--Thanks In Advanced

Decipher442, May 22, 2008 IP
  10. usasportstraining

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Ok, I'm taking questions again. *Instructions on front page.

Feel free to ask away! :)

usasportstraining, Nov 5, 2009 IP
  11. AnneM

AnneM Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hi

I was wondering what ideas you would have regarding a site that provides both unique articles and plr articles for sale. I want to set it up as a store, no membership required and all the content would be original of course.

Thank you very much for taking the time to do this.

AnneM, Nov 5, 2009 IP
    usasportstraining likes this.
  12. giancarlo

giancarlo Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks, man. You really did a nice job sharing all the info for us.

God bless you!

:)

giancarlo, Nov 5, 2009 IP
    usasportstraining likes this.
  13. usasportstraining

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Without seeing the site, I would say that you would probably want to make sure you protect the content.

http://www.copyscape.com/

It sounds like you plan on writing some of the articles, correct? That would be an excellent way to develop a portfolio. Maybe host other quality freelancers, like yourself.

Provide FREE well-written articles, as long as the users keep it in the original format, including your info/link in the footer.

You could really set yourself apart from all the other article repositories out there.

When you are ready, post a Press Release and take part in freelance websites/forums to gather other writers. Offer your services on this website, as well as online business sites.

Good luck!

14. AnneM

AnneM Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks very much for the advice. I should have the site up and running in a few days so I may post again if you don't mind terribly. Yes, I do plan on doing a lot of the writing and I also have some others interested in the project. I was thinking of offering an initial free article pack (maybe around 10pcs) to use as PLR but I love the idea of also supplying a free article with a link in the footer.

My other goal is to also add a forum for people to make suggestions as well as to receive advice. I do not claim to be well versed in making money online but I do have quite a few years of experience running a medium sized business for someone else (ergo my sudden switch to freelancing lol) in one of the most difficult markets for a woman to break into, operated plant hire. Therefore I feel that I can supply some interesting ideas at least.

I want to use the forum as a way to pay it forward with the only thing I can right now, my knowledge and experience. I would like to thank you kindly for doing the same.

AnneM, Nov 5, 2009 IP
  15. altwebdesign

altwebdesign Peon

Best Answers:
    I run a web design company, would love your input!

thanks for your time, in advance

altwebdesign, Nov 5, 2009 IP
  16. usasportstraining

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    I must say that you do seem to write well, grammatically/word choice/spelling, so that is very encouraging.

I would hold off on the Forum for a while, until things are established. The worst thing is appearing to be a dead site, such as with a dead forum. Wait until you have plenty of writers submitting to your site, I suggest.

I would honestly suggest taking a look at Squidoo and Hubpages, as they have a very established bunch of women in various forms of business. Squidoo has a big group called Rocket Moms.

Also, you could take a look at Biznik.com.

Do many of the suggestions that I've mentioned before and I think you'll have a really successful venture. :)

Feel free to check back when you are ready for more tips.

Along with the above, I would then suggest all the normal

17. usasportstraining

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Well, you have the advantage of not needing to focus regionally, except perhaps with respect to language. The beauty of the inter-web.

I'm not a great website designer, but know enough to do a lot of damage.

I think the best asset you have is what people can see right on their monitor.

Here's a few extras:

• Add your best sites to StumbleUpon.com and befriend a lot of people.
    • Take part in social networking, especially Facebook and Twitter, as you can target your audience very well.
    • If SEO/SMO is your expertise then make sure you can demonstrate it for difficult-to-compete-with keywords.
    • Take part in various web design contests and show your stuff. It's automatic respect and advertising, if you do well enough.
    • Offer free design to non-profit organizations and the like.
    • Always include your logo on the site in footer or somewhere; "designed by"
    • Offer your services on business forums, sites, etc
    • Offer Community Education courses, as you could probably get plenty of business in your local area.
    • Offer geo-targetted SEO for your sites.

18. turbulence

turbulence Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hi,

My blog is called Trip Camp. Can you suggest some interesting advertising and marketing ideas as well as ideas that will help me grab the visitors by the eyeballs and generate interest...

Thank you!

turbulence, Nov 6, 2009 IP
  19. usasportstraining

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    I really like the header. Very nice design/images!

It wasn't clear what it was about, until I clicked on About TripCamp. I'd suggest providing a short description on the first page below the header. It may also help with the description that comes up when people do a search, and SEO in general.

This is a challenge because I'm not sure of your ultimate goals. I see that you want people to join the discussion (which is empty) and post blog posts.

What would encourage people to join and post? Hmmm.

I think creating a way so that people can submit their post to their respective Facebook and Twitter accounts could be win/win. You've probably seen this type of thing, if you are logged into Facebook, but visit other sites. Very handy!

Also, a mapping feature so people can show locations and trip paths could be good.

My suggestions:
    • Create a travel group on Facebook
    • Be active on Twitter and try to attract followers
    • Create a Zazzle or Cafe Press store and sell fun logo items for Trip Camp (you could even sell them from your site).
    • Have contests in which people could win nifty logo gear (see Travel Camp Gnome below).
    • Press Releases
    • Post on people's travel blogs interesting posts, with your link.
    • Make really good Squidoo/Hubpages pages about traveling. Post a link within to your site. If you designed your blog, I'm sure you could design fantastic ones!

Have you ever heard of the people that have used a traveling gnome during their travels? See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Travelling_gnome_prank
    You could do the same thing, only with a Travel Camp mascot! Get people to take it along on their trips and send you pictures to post. :)

usasportstraining, Nov 6, 2009 IP
    turbulence likes this.
  20. turbulence

turbulence Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Amazing tips!!! You gave me really valuable information, something worth thinking about...I would most definitely try these things. Will keep you updated.

thanks again!

turbulence, Nov 9, 2009 IP