1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Review my adsense ...

Discussion in 'Placement / Reviews / Examples' started by HR_MBA, Nov 4, 2009.

http://www.wetpapernews.com

Any advice or tips?

I've only made about $4 since mid-Oct, so I guess you could say I'm having trouble converting visits into clicks.

I should also add I've had about 1,700 impressions

Thanks

HR_MBA, Nov 4, 2009 IP
  2. terminator69

terminator69 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I would be looking at indenting a large square box to the left of your top article. But relating to your earnings, pretty much the more invasive you are, the more you will earn so you just have to find a balance that doesn't annoy visitors too much.

terminator69, Nov 5, 2009 IP
    HR_MBA likes this.
  3. adsenseplr

adsenseplr Active Member

Best Answers:
    Agreed you need a big block ad at the top left of each page with the text then wrapping around it on the right (PM me if you need the code for this).
    I would also add single unit ads after the articles.
    Give this a try, basically you need more ads and make sure they blend in with your sites colour scheme e.g. ad should have same background and border as your webpage.
    Regards
    Dickie

adsenseplr, Nov 5, 2009 IP
    HR_MBA likes this.
  4. HR_MBA

HR_MBA Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the suggestions, I've added ad-links to the top-right of articles (as the image is usually on the top-left corner). Also changed the colour scheme of the ads.

I've found on individual articles that the skyscraper on the far-right of the page seems to disappear. Is this because there is a limit on ads per page?

Thanks again

HR_MBA, Nov 5, 2009 IP
  5. grizz

grizz Peon

Best Answers:
    if you place a 336-280 somewhere in your content this will give you better click threw rate

grizz, Nov 5, 2009 IP
  6. JamesColin

JamesColin Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    It looks like you don't want people to click on your ads, you put them out of view, outside the "hot areas".
    Imagine your site wasn't yours but that the webmaster of this site offered you to place an ad for your own site wherever you want on his site.
    Now you know deep down where the ads need to be in order to be effective, I don't think I need to tell you more, do I? :)

JamesColin, Nov 5, 2009 IP
  7. HR_MBA

HR_MBA Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the tips, it can be a bit of a struggle between getting clicks and not annoying your viewers! But therein lies the art I guess.

I'd like to put a banner (probably 468x60) underneath the text on the main article of the front page, since there is vacant space left by the image on the left. Any ideas on how I can do this? Or even put Adsense ads in my content?

I have a multiads extension already installed, though it is limited to before, after text

HR_MBA, Nov 6, 2009 IP
  8. JamesColin

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    You need to get your hands dirty, at least that's how I prefer to do it, not with a plugin.
    The way to put adsense within the content is to use this bit of html:
    <div style="float:left">ADSENSE CODE</div>This is the content, etc, etc..

JamesColin, Nov 6, 2009 IP
  9. HR_MBA

HR_MBA Active Member

Best Answers:
    HR_MBA, Nov 6, 2009 IP
  10. JamesColin

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    That's way better I think, now the adsense placement is good and you should consider adding a "adsense for search" in the top right of your page, with the adsense for search locked on your domain name, that way visitors will use it to search your site only.

On the homepage you can remove the only ad you have on the right column, because it must not be clicked nearly enough and by removing it you'll have an ad free homepage, which is quite rare nowadays, so you don't give stupid webmasters the "ads reason" not to link to your site.

JamesColin, Nov 6, 2009 IP
    HR_MBA likes this.
  11. HR_MBA

HR_MBA Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks again, rep'd

HR_MBA, Nov 7, 2009 IP
  12. JamesColin

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    You're welcome, thanks for the rep, if you want you can also give me your opinion on the thread of my new site, thanks!

ps: one more advice, your homepage looks good but one thing we all get used to is to click on the title of the articles to read more, it is unusual to have to click on "read more" at the bottom, if you can fix it, it'll be better I think.

JamesColin, Nov 7, 2009 IP
  13. HR_MBA

HR_MBA Active Member

Best Answers:
    Alright guys I've updated my adsense layout again.

On the front page I've added link-ads to the 'breadcrumbs' module, underneath the top menu next to the bookmarking icons, and a 200x200 square on the top-right column. I've also added more ad-links under the title of the first featured article, followed by a 468x60 banner separating it from the rest.

On the article pages I've moved the square ad back to the right, as it was getting annoying being on the left - messing up the parameters of the page. I've also added ad-links to the top of every article underneath the title (only one will show on the homepage).

Any thoughts appreciated! Let's hope this brings more clicks.

HR_MBA, Nov 11, 2009 IP
  14. ChrisiMarr

ChrisiMarr Peon

Best Answers:
    I think you should use default color of adsense.

ChrisiMarr, Nov 11, 2009 IP