1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

301 Redirect - SEO Dilema

Discussion in 'Google' started by webevilSR, Nov 3, 2009.

Will 301 redirect transfers any other domain scores and records? (like reputation, penalties, etc)

For example: my domain1.com is older, have some traffic and backlinks but it penalized in google or maybe even banned, and my domain2.com is just few months old, have no penalties and some backlinks.

Now if I do 301 redirect from domain1.com to domain2.com how will google see my domain2.com? Will domain2.com also be penalized then or will be better ranked coz it will have different and more backlinks from two domains?

What you think?

webevilSR, Nov 3, 2009 IP
  2. vivesoftech

vivesoftech Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, in Google Web Master Tools section there is a option "Change of address". In which you can switch your old website with new one and Google will replace it in their index also, and you will get old links as backlinks to your new site.

vivesoftech, Nov 3, 2009 IP
  3. jonbuoy

jonbuoy Peon

Best Answers:
    If domain1.com has been banned or blacklisted by Google I would try and keep Domain2.com completely separate and avoid the reasons that Google diddn't like Domain1.com

jonbuoy, Nov 4, 2009 IP
  4. kt26i

kt26i Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah I agree strongly with "jonbuoy" I had some one come to me with a similar problem best to bin the banned domain and start from fresh !!!

kt26i, Nov 4, 2009 IP
  5. Shellerz

Shellerz Active Member

Best Answers:
    If the old site has a penalty why associate it with the new one? Probably not worth risking it - could be worth doing without any redirect/linking between the 2 sites

Shellerz, Nov 4, 2009 IP
  6. webevilSR

webevilSR Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yes i know that all but old site domain1.com have a lot of backlinks (about 200k according to yahoo) and that will help a lot to domain2.com if i do 301 redirect.

BUT my problem is... domain1.com was banned by google for about 1yr and for that time I make domain2.com . Now domain1.com is not banned anymore, after 1yr google unban it but google don't send traffic jet and i think that domain1.com i just penalized now. Btw... domain2.com have good SE traffic now, about 10k per day, about 120k BL according to yahoo and rising so i trough if 301 redirect domain1 to domain2 that it will help domain2.com to get better serp position.

webevilSR, Nov 4, 2009 IP
  7. arquigrafika

arquigrafika Peon

Best Answers:
    I am having a problem like that. I have a blog , it was banned by google, so i made another one, i redirect the firts to the second, now i have the second one banned.
    the first one now is not banned. both of them are indexed but the second one doesnot appears in the google search. I think the 301 redirect damage my new blog.

arquigrafika, Nov 5, 2009 IP
  8. Abhik

Abhik ..:: The ONE ::..

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Yeah..
    301 redirects also transfers all the scores and records.

Abhik, Nov 5, 2009 IP
  9. Ace-India

Ace-India Peon

Best Answers:
    Why do you do things that Google Don't like, if you stop doing these, then you may have a chance to get penalty removed

Ace-India, Nov 6, 2009 IP