1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is this a good link building Technique?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by marksmithweb, Nov 3, 2009.

I’m trying new seo link building techniques and need some guidnes and thought about this.

My idea is
    1. Get a Topics
    2. Create blogs
    3. post them
    4. place the links on the blogs

will this help for link building? I tried and create 20 blogs with different subjects and place URLs

Example:
    http://educationpillarofsuccess.blogspot.com/
    http://letzentertain.blogspot.com/
    http://onlineshopping4us.blogspot.com/
    http://recreateleisure.blogspot.com/
    http://fastmovingtechnology.blogspot.com/

But still google have not crawled them not even the blogs its almost 2months now.
    Is this a good link building Technique?

Anyone tried this? is it working any thought?

marksmithweb, Nov 3, 2009 IP
  2. jessicafox

jessicafox Active Member

Best Answers:
    Try to do SEO for these links also.:). well I am also looking for expert's reply.

jessicafox, Nov 3, 2009 IP
  3. Serpico

Serpico Peon

Best Answers:
    Try posting them on jumptags and clipmarks and reddit. They'd be good for getting crawled.

Serpico, Nov 3, 2009 IP
  4. danibee

danibee Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    focus on a single blog. It's hard to keep updated and make seo for many blogs

danibee, Nov 3, 2009 IP
  5. Canonical

Canonical Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If you are trying to create a bunch of blogs to link to your main site then this is rarely a successful tactic. Why? Because a link pointing to your main site from a blog that has no backlinks itself is almost worthless.

All you've done is created MORE work for yourself. Now you have to not only generate fresh content and build backlinks for your main site, but you also have to generate fresh content and build links to all of those blogs.

As Danibee said... Focus your efforts on writing good content and building links for your main site... Don't be distracted with gimicks like these. Cheap link building gimicks like this rarely work. If it were that easy, everyone would be on page 1.

Canonical, Nov 3, 2009 IP
  6. stephen082

stephen082 Active Member

Best Answers:
    But if I make 2 blogs (1 with Blogspot and 1 with Wordpress) and continue adding fresh content to these two, then will I get benefit of links coming from these blogs to my main site.

stephen082, Nov 3, 2009 IP
  7. webdev007

webdev007 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, you should focus of one or two blogs and before getting any indirect benefit from these first you should try to make them popular too.

webdev007, Nov 3, 2009 IP
  8. menelas

menelas Member

Best Answers:
    Quality not Quantity

menelas, Nov 3, 2009 IP
  9. Canonical

Canonical Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The benefit will likely be unnoticeable unless those 2 blogs have other sites linking to them... That was my point. Simply having a link from another site does not make a noticeable difference in how your URL ranks. A link from another site which is seen as an authority (i.e. which is ITSELF linked to by lots of other sites) CAN make a noticeable difference.

I was simply saying that 99 times out of 100 you're better off focusing on a single site and trying to make IT an authority in its niche than to spend time being distracted by having to write content for and build links to multiple satellite sites. The ROI is just not there for the approach you're trying to take IMO... and if you do manage to make it work, it's likely not sustainable.

Feel free to make 50 blogs if you want pointing to your main site. But your ultimate goal should be to have a site that other webmasters WANT to link to naturally instead of having to "manufacture" backlinks yourself.

Canonical, Nov 3, 2009 IP
  10. selectsplat

selectsplat Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You still would need to accumulate quality backlinks for the blogspot and wordpress blog before they would pass any link juice to the main target site.

selectsplat, Nov 3, 2009 IP
  11. Ascendancy

Ascendancy Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yes but utilize social networking and other blogs to bring in backlinks to your site. Even when your site has grown into a huge blog with thousands of visitors daily, placing backlinks on other blogs or social networking sites is key in drawing in more visitors.

Ascendancy, Nov 3, 2009 IP
  12. Rapid_SEO

Rapid_SEO Peon

Best Answers:
    one more suggestion use pings websites to notify SEs about updates on your blogs. I think pingomatic is good web.

Rapid_SEO, Nov 3, 2009 IP
  13. joelchrist

joelchrist Banned

Best Answers:
    Why don't you prefer, social book marking sites to build links. It will much effective.

joelchrist, Nov 4, 2009 IP
  14. marksmithweb

marksmithweb Guest

Best Answers:
    ok thanks for all replying. i have seen in many articles and blogs about link building strategies ex: article submission and directory submission. you don't believe i have submitted 2000... article and directory submission but out of that about 10-20% will get a link. also tried social bookmark sites too. apart from these any good techniques that we can follow? please don't post any urls to go trough :)

cheers

marksmithweb, Nov 4, 2009 IP
  15. John peterr

John peterr Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi,
    I think it really works, as you had said you have different blogs with unique content and updating the blog regularly is what the search engine want.So i think it will show as backlinks for you website.

John peterr, Nov 4, 2009 IP
  16. narayanan

narayanan Peon

Best Answers:
  17. WestJohn

WestJohn Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes it will count as a backlink for your site. But I would focus on one or two blogs and make them really good and ping them with for example pingomatic everytime you make a post and make like 1 post/day. Then you build maybe 20 backlinks with directory submissions and social bookmarking submissions to the two blogs. Do not link form blog to blog.

Then you make maybe 1 post/day on the two blogs and always ping. And then you will see the search engine finding the blogs and then also giving you too very quality backlinks. And in the meantime you can do some social bookmarking submissions and directory submission to your website. And maybe try to get some blogs to review your website.

The search engines will quickly pick this up and see that hey this website is really being talked about and people are spreading the word and soon you will see both your blogs and website ranking high.

PS.
    Remember On-Site SEO for your site and a little for the blogs too.

WestJohn, Nov 4, 2009 IP
  18. linguistics

linguistics Peon

Best Answers:
    I think danibee said that you are only making it worse by creating blogs that have no way to let people know they are there. I see many blogs all the time pointing to the main site but those blogs have no one viewing them ... I'd take more time perfecting my content fiirst then look at other sites that get viewers and backlink from them if the owner allows you too.
    When my nutrition site goes up, itlll be linked to other large bodybuilding sites that are very active. In this case, I will not need to write blogs or at least very few like maybe one.

linguistics, Nov 4, 2009 IP
  19. core8284

core8284 Peon

Best Answers:
    if you do blogging for link building see to it that it must be also update regularly for a better result.

core8284, Nov 4, 2009 IP
  20. Bally chohan

Bally chohan Peon

Best Answers:
    This can help you if your blogs are topic related but i am worried that this will not work on long term try to focus on single blog and submit in social media.

Bally chohan, Nov 4, 2009 IP