1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Domain Analytics - Multiple Accounts or Multiple Profiles?

Discussion in 'Google Analytics' started by ThoughtPunk, Oct 30, 2009.

I'm tracking many domains yet I am unsure which is the best way to go about this.

Is it best to create multiple accounts (one for each domain) or one account with a profile for each domain?

Why would the other be more beneficial than the other? Right now, I'm using both because I'm not sure which is the correct method (if any) and I'm starting to get a little scattered. I'd like to stay organized and use the correct method.

Thanks.

EDIT:
    Looks I found my answer. http://www.google.com/support/googleanalytics/bin/answer.py?answer=55595
    It's amazing what a simple search will do. HA, Imagine that! If others could follow suit, we'd have a clean fourum.

I'd still like to hear(read) your thoughts.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2009
    ThoughtPunk, Oct 30, 2009 IP
  2. kt26i

kt26i Peon

Best Answers:
    Your right you can do it both ways, I would rather have one account with two profiles. As you said it’s easier to manage.

kt26i, Nov 3, 2009 IP
  3. ThoughtPunk

ThoughtPunk Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think I am going to group my related domains together under one account (Main domain, landing pages, etc).

One account for a set of related domains with each domain on its own profile and another account with another set of related domains. This should work out fine.

ThoughtPunk, Nov 3, 2009 IP