1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Search results, site visits and keyword results?

Discussion in 'Google Analytics' started by JamesB, Nov 3, 2009.

I need some help. Apart from that can someone help me with some search questions please?

I have a keyword term that has 720 global searched per month with 800 local searches. Lets for the argument of this say the keyword term is "James B" for those that only part read threads that is not the actual search term, I want to keep the real one a secret for the moment.

So my site comes up on the first page of Google. It normally comes up in the top three, I would imagine if 720 people are searching for the term "James B" then I would get a good percentage of that 720 people coming to my site? Or have I totally miss understood all this?

At the moment I get maximum of 4 visitors per day. Thats on a good day.

I could say to myself it takes time to build traffic etc but Google tells me that 720 people on average search for a certain term each month that gets me on the first page.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks

James

JamesB, Nov 3, 2009 IP
  2. kt26i

kt26i Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey James when using Google for keyword research ensure that you are look at traffic set to "exact match" Google traffic is estimated on "broad" This makes a HUGE difference when looking at footfall based around phrases and should be made more clear.

Hope that might help

kt26i, Nov 3, 2009 IP
  3. JamesB

JamesB Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi KT

Thanks for the heads up. Bit disappointing but makes a lot more sense now.

James

JamesB, Nov 5, 2009 IP