1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Email Marketing

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by GAdsense, Nov 2, 2009.

One of my friends maintain a couple of investing sites and have collected many targeted and non-targeted email, properly in an excel .csv format.

He'd like to send messages to those people daily and keeping them updated. He approached me and asked for the "email sending solution" -

I've myself sent emails via SMTP server using a software and uploading my .csv contacts file. But in this case, the email addresses are in lakhs - because he started a group and asked to share lists and make it mutually profitable - only investing related people were allowed to join

Is there a possible solution?
    How many emails an hour would we be able to send?
    What would be the price?
    Which server to buy or what's the limit of normal hosting accounts you buy?
    If you can guide, please let us know how to setup initially.

Thank you.

GAdsense, Nov 2, 2009 IP
  2. MoneyMakingSystem

MoneyMakingSystem Peon

Best Answers:
    You can go and join Aweber as its simply the best, but
    Your subscribers would be required to verify there subscription,
    Hence, you need a self hosted email marketing software.
    I think, Interspire Email marketer could help you.

MoneyMakingSystem, Nov 3, 2009 IP
  3. GAdsense

GAdsense Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yea, you are right but Awber is costly for him and he'd like to run his own system and have someone manage everything.

I checked out Interspire Email marketer, seems like a good software. But the friend has already bought the software, the guidance he needs is how to send continuous emails at fastest possible speed.

Do we need a normal hosting account for it? As usually normal hosting accounts has a limit per hour or per day I guess. Otherwise, which kind of hosting do we need?

GAdsense, Nov 3, 2009 IP
  4. Warner

Warner Active Member

Best Answers:
    Is e-mailing the only marketing technique which you use for promotion?

Warner, Nov 3, 2009 IP
  5. GAdsense

Best Answers:
    Not really, he does SEO too.

But would like to try this email marketing and see how it works out... do you have any suggestions warner or idea about the question I asked...Do we need a normal hosting account for it? As usually normal hosting accounts has a limit per hour or per day I guess. Otherwise, which kind of hosting do we need?

GAdsense, Nov 3, 2009 IP
  6. edukcuf

edukcuf Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I'm looking into this myself at the moment, I think Aweber is a bit costly too. I've tried using dadamail, but my host only allows 50 emails per hour. The other thing to think about is how many emails get through to your user. On self hosting your more likely to get them going to the spam boxes. With dadamail and my host you need to buy a dedicated IP for it to work properly which is extra on top of standard account.

There's MailChimp which allows upto 500 users and 3000 emails per month for free, I believe I might get over that thought within a few week once I start.

edukcuf, Nov 3, 2009 IP
  7. erwindegrave

erwindegrave Active Member

Best Answers:
    Aweber is so far the best and one of the most credible service for email marketing campaigns :)

erwindegrave, Nov 3, 2009 IP
  8. Ascendancy

Ascendancy Active Member

Best Answers:
    I definitely recommend the Interspire software, it's very customizable and provides an insane amount of tools for e-mail marketing.

Ascendancy, Nov 3, 2009 IP
  9. GAdsense

Best Answers:
    @edukcuf - Very true review. I believe we need a better solution and its very possible to find one. In email marketing, I guess the best is the trial and error approach if you have extra money.

@erwindegrave - Yes, not doubt about that. But it charges you quite some extra money which you can save working with developing your own system. Its a bit of hassle but its really possible.

@Ascendancy - I have seen that and find it quite good in fact. I'd also recommend it to people, for at least having a look at it.

In my opinion, after looking for many solutions. So far going with "bullet proof hosting" sounds like a good idea. Its not the best one and it costs high amount of money. But it might be helpful and we may be able to find a real "bullet proof" webhost at cheap prices.

An example of bullet proof host is http://www.americaint.com/bullet-proof-hosting/bulk-email-hosting.html

Anyone have some ideas? as there are so many spammers out there who are doing a good job in getting the emails to your inbox. So why can't we who like to do fair marketing can do this. I mean we really can!

GAdsense, Nov 3, 2009 IP
  10. GAdsense

Best Answers:
    I've used Atomic Email Sender previously, a couple of years ago. And it was very easy to learn and use directly with a few SMTP settings. Know more about it here http://www.amailsender.com/massmailer/

GAdsense, Nov 3, 2009 IP
  11. omarabid

omarabid Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    why don't you host a server and use PHP script?

omarabid, Nov 3, 2009 IP
  12. GAdsense

Best Answers:
    @omarabid
    You mean to host a server locally? - I don't have enough knowledge to do so or say I am better off letting some expert do the job - However, in the worst case, am ready to learn.

Using PHP script and self hosting would do the trick in your opinion?

Have you ever used or implemented this kind of stuff?

GAdsense, Nov 3, 2009 IP
  13. imacamper

imacamper Peon

Best Answers:
    I use GVO, formerly known as wwKiosk. It's web host hosting that caters to Internet marketers and bundles the tools online business owners need. I have had no issues with this service and LOVE IT!

Anyway, I wrote an article here if you wish to view it.

Cheers,

Drew

imacamper, Nov 3, 2009 IP
  14. GAdsense

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the response. It was nice reading that. Does it also offer unlimited email sending feature? :) I wish.

GAdsense, Nov 3, 2009 IP
  15. imacamper

imacamper Peon

Best Answers:
    It appears your wish is true ;)

Halfway down the page, it says "unlimited autoresponder". However my list is only about 1000 subscribers so my email blasts aren't a good test.

Right now they're offering a 14 day trial for just $1. You can use the trial period and see if it meets your needs.

Cheers,

Drew

16. GAdsense

Best Answers:
    You mean, you are using that already?

If that is so, may be I can share an email contact list with you for you to check out?

GAdsense, Nov 3, 2009 IP
  17. imacamper

imacamper Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, I use GVO and LOVE IT! It's everything I need bundled for just $44.95 per month. Aweber can cost more than that all by itself. Then adding the video conference rooms, unlimited domain web hosting, unlimited bandwidth, easy video producer, and great tech support makes it a great value.

I'm not sure what you're offering. If you are suggesting I send an email to your list, no, I would not do that as I have no way to verify that your list members have opted in.

That's why I suggested you take advantage of the $1 trial and see if it works for you.

Cheers,

Drew

18. GAdsense

Best Answers:
    Ah sounds good, I'll let him know. As eventually this is mainly the concern of friends business but again I wanted to learn this stuff as well so poked in my nose.

Thanks camper :)

GAdsense, Nov 3, 2009 IP
  19. imacamper

imacamper Peon

Best Answers:
    No problem.

You can PM me if you have additional questions or need help setting up.

Cheers,

Drew

20. GAdsense

Best Answers:
    sure thanks, that's really nice of you. :)

GAdsense, Nov 3, 2009 IP