1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

$2500 3 Day Challenge Results & Method

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by aaronlamont1, Nov 2, 2009.

Hey folks, its been a while.

Some of you that read my other actual 3 Day Challenge thread would probably be wating on the results and I replied that I would post a video, well after reading replies many are skeptical and believed that I could even fake a video of my results so I decided not to even put that up and just tell you the method that I used and if you wish for you to go out and try it yourself and see what results you receive for yourself as everyone will probably end up getting different results.

Any as it started of as a 3 day challenge I didn't even get round to doing research the first two days and so it really ended up like a 5 day challenge anyways the results from the 5 days was $2136.

I didn't reach the target of $2500 but it was still a great effort even if I do say so myself starting again from scratch.

----------------------------------------

THE METHOD

----------------------------------------

Ok so heres how I did it.

First step was to create a large ebook that I could sell for $37 this would be where I would make the most money.

I was going to research this but didn't focus and just got a great course that I have obtained PLR rights to that was already on my hard drive, if you dont have any plr you can do a google search for free plr and also if you choose you can pay a small amount to get a great quality plr.

Next step tidy up and update the plr ebook and make it unique and my own.

Job 1 Complete.

I then went about trying to figure out what my 10 small reports where going to be about so I went to amazon.com and clicked into books and found out what the bestsellers where and then chose 10 topics that I could write on.

Once I had my topics I simply went to find forums on each of them for example one was about a niche within gardening so I searched for gardening forums and read the posts about my niche.

I made notes of the most common questions that where being asked and that were appearing the most and then I simply found out the questions to those answers within the forums themselves and compiled a report on it.

I did this for 10 topics and so I now had 10 small reports that I could sell.

Job 2 Complete

What I had so far:

1 Large ebook which would sell for $37 each
    10 Small ebook reports which would sell for $7 each

Next I made a note of my target goal which was $2500 and tried to figure out how many sales I would need exactly so that I could reach the goal in the quickest time possible.

I worked it out what the minimums that I could achieve would be below:

Between 10-20 for the $37 ebook
    10 Copies of each of the $7 ebook

So the totals I worked out would be:

$370-$740 for the $37 ebook
    $700 for $7 ebook reports

Total minimum would be $1070-$1440

I looked at this and thought if I only sell the minimum then there is no way that I could reach my target because at the top end its still only $1440 so I had to think of something that I could do to increase sales.

The only thing that I could think of was upsells and one time offers so thats what I did.

I created an upsell for the $37 ebook, to put it simple all I did was take the ebook that I had already created and quickly make it into a video course, now I didnt have much time on my hands so I made the videos short but very precise and step by step which made things much quicker, I then also added short reports and bonuses that I found on the internet.

I priced the upsell at $67, what this means for those that dont understand is normally when someone would buy the $37 ebook that would be it and that would be the amount that I would make but now that I was offering a video course upsell aswell I was then able to increase my sales to $104 for those that went for the upsell.

I did the exact same method above for the short reports that I created once again making a video however it was only 1 video to compliment the report and priced the upsell at $20 increasing my sales to $27 for those that went for the upsell.

Now with the upsells in place I went back to my minimum stats that I made to judge how much I could make and included the upsells.

Between 10-20 for the $37 ebook
    Of which 3-5 took upsell at $67
    10 Copies of each of the $7 ebook
    Of which 15 took upsell at $20

These were the minimums that I thought I could sell.

Job 3 Complete

Now that everything was in place it was just a matter of getting my ebook and reports out there.

-----------------------------------------
    TRAFFIC TIME
    -----------------------------------------

Ok so the first thing I thought was that I would simply upload a sales page onto my hosting however I remembered that I wanted to show people how they could do it from scratch without any money so I did just that.

I created a wordpress blog for the large ebook and also each of the 10 short reports.

I chose a targeted keyword for each of the niche topics that I picked and made that my blog title.

Next I went back to the niche forums to get some content that I could use to put onto my new blog, what I simply did was to find a great post that was getting alot of views and then I contacted the person that wrote the post and said to them that I enjoyed reading their post and that I would like to add it to my blog, she agreed and I also provided a link back to her site so it was a win win situation, free content for me and a free link and some traffic for her.

I did this a few more times so that I created 4 new posts and on the 5th post was when I posted about my new report/ebook that I had created so that it would appear at the top of the blog.

When I was making each post I submitted to 5 social bookmarking sites to get the ball rolling and for the search engines to spider my new blog.

I also went to pingomatic to submit my blog posts.

Now once I had all the content in place for all of the ebook/reports it was time to start bringing in the sales, now I wont go into how I added a paypal button for payment etc as you can find that out or just ask me and I will help but anyway thats who the payments where coming through.

Afterwards I submitted all of my blogs rss feeds to the top sites to bring in some extra traffic and also help my search engine rankings.

I was going to submit some articles to some of the top article directories but I decided not to because for some new people trying this 3 day challenge it could take upto 7 days to get your articles approved so kind of beats the 3 day challenge but go for it anyway.

Next I went back to trusty google and searched for related blogs on each topic of my ebook/reports. I looked through the posts on the blogs to see if there where many comments so that I could see that there was potential traffic there that I could siphon off to my blog, if there wasnt many comments I simply went onto the next blog.

When I found a post with lots of comments now when I say lots I was typically looking for more than 5, then what I did was instead of just writing a normal post I created a short video talking about the post that the author wrote and also gave a tip on the same subject and then shown my blog link in my video plus send, if you want any more tips on such and such then visit my blog at .........

You would be suprised how much traffic alone this brought.

I did that for each of the reports on 3 different blogs and also uploaded the videos to youtube, metacafe and viddler.

Along with the video comments adding great content I also did some normal blog commenting write short comments and providing a link back to my own blog.

Next up I setup a twitter account for each report and then searched for people interested in the topic that I wrote the report about, I simply added them to my twitter following and then posted a link on my twitter profile back to my blog along with some useful other content, once again I did this for each of my products that I had for sale.

I forgot to also mention that when I uploaded my videos onto youtube I searched for similar videos that where already getting a high number of views and added my video as a video response, some great traffic there.

While I was still continuing to add new traffic getting strategies I was already making some sales.

My next move was to go back to the forums where I had found my content and then add my blog to my signature and submit some good quality posts which I found from searching questions on my topic through yahoo answers and combined the best answers into a new thread on the forums.

While on the subject of yahoo answers I submitted my blog there aswell simply search for your niche and then provide an answer with a link back to your website or blog in my case.

Next with my already created content and new found content I created a hubpages, weebly and squidoo page that I could paste my content into and provide a link back to my blog which also helped with the rankings.

When I was done creating all my videos, hubpages, squidoo, weebly, blogs etc I went an used socialmarker to bookmark every single site to also drive traffic.

Now the sales where coming in and so it was time to invest in some more traffic, I only got involved with this traffic source myself around 4 months ago and it is great although some people argue that, anyway I signed up with freeebooks.net and created a new teaser version of each of my 10 reports and submit it to the website freeebooks, remember if you are doing this for traffic to include a link or ad at the bottom of your teaser version that will link to your sales page/blog.

It costs under $20 to register and submit but only do this when you get the first initial sales coming in so that you can use that to pay for it.

I will stop here now so that you can take everything in and if you have any further questions please do not hesitate to ask me.

Yours,

Aaron.

aaronlamont1, Nov 2, 2009 IP
  2. chris00129

chris00129 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    For not hitting it though you did quite well. Keep up the great work.

chris00129, Nov 2, 2009 IP
  3. lohanpankaj

lohanpankaj Peon

Best Answers:
    Too good friend. I will call it a successful project.

Congratulations and Best of Luck for future...!!

lohanpankaj, Nov 2, 2009 IP
  4. dukeofism

dukeofism Peon

Best Answers:
    good read. You might want to proof read it. There were some momentary lapses of clarity,

Congratulations on bringing in $2100 though!

dukeofism, Nov 2, 2009 IP
  5. Hanz1980

Hanz1980 Peon

Best Answers:
    Phew! It's going to take a lot of skill for me to emulate your methods there. Good job! The amount you made in just 3 days is almost as much as what I make slaving away in the office over a month. I'd say you're pretty successful there.:cool: Definitely inspiring.

Hanz1980, Nov 2, 2009 IP
  6. jelba

jelba Peon

Best Answers:
    Great job and thanks for sharing your success.

jelba, Nov 2, 2009 IP
  7. imlearnerim

imlearnerim Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    pretty good post . creating the product is not that big a challenge but getting the traffic and more important converting the traffic into buyers is the most difficult part.

imlearnerim, Nov 2, 2009 IP
  8. smile633

smile633 Peon

Best Answers:
    Wow, well done! Pretty successful - so what's your next project?

smile633, Nov 2, 2009 IP
  9. Hanz1980

Hanz1980 Peon

Best Answers:
    No traffic means no money. Fact of life.:)

Hanz1980, Nov 2, 2009 IP
  10. anup.mahajan

anup.mahajan Peon

Best Answers:
    Great success story here.. Hope it inspires people who are still not making money online..

Regards,

anup.mahajan, Nov 2, 2009 IP
  11. Trioman

Trioman Active Member

Best Answers:
    Standing ovation...I don't think many can duplicate that in 3 days...did you get any sleep? Wow....great job!

Trioman, Nov 2, 2009 IP
  12. keen4kash

keen4kash Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    i think i remember seeing your original thread?

anyway big post that one - im sure many would have had their eyes light up when they saw the earnings but then gave up on trying the idea themselves bcos it looks to hard or involves too much work, despite sharing your method for free.... like most ebook methods

- You made one video for every forum thread you made a post on to promote your sites? How many of them did your create?
    - so how many actual copies did you end up selling of each item you created?
    - which sources did most of the sales come from, i assume you had tracking and traffic stats set up? from the video sites, article sites you submitted, blog commenting links, social bookmarking, hubpages, weebly and squidoo page, twitter.
    - how did you sell the items? from just your blog sites set up for each item or had multiple listings / sales pages?
    - No doubt you may have got some traffic from those methods but for brand new sites to get so many sales you must have a high sales conversion rate or very convincing sales ad copy?
    - how did you get around making the min. number of posts required at each forum related to you niches before you posted promo links, unless you happened to already be a member at those forums already?

All this work you described was done in 3 days including creating the reports and making videos to be sold?

sorry for all the questions, just trying to get my head around everything you did

keen4kash, Nov 2, 2009 IP
  13. musebay

musebay Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    This is a very insightful post. I guess I don't have to do all these myself. I should copy your method and send them to my virtual assistant.

Thanks for the great work! I think this can be duplicated!

musebay, Nov 2, 2009 IP
  14. Hanz1980

Hanz1980 Peon

Best Answers:
    The OP didn't mention that the only money spent during this 3 day challenge was $55 worth of Modafinil capsules to keep him awake for 72 hours while he worked his butt off!!! :p

Hanz1980, Nov 2, 2009 IP
  15. NainaPriyanka

NainaPriyanka Peon

Best Answers:
    Its a good start. $2.1K is a good earning within 5 days

NainaPriyanka, Nov 3, 2009 IP
  16. dlm

dlm Peon

Best Answers:
    Still no proof? Last time you updated us you were minutes away from posting video proof. That was weeks ago.

Sorry, but I'm not buying this at all.

dlm, Nov 3, 2009 IP
  17. rootbinbash

rootbinbash Peon

Best Answers:
    Proofs please..

rootbinbash, Nov 3, 2009 IP
  18. aaronlamont1

aaronlamont1 Guest

Best Answers:
    Hey, yes I remember saying that I was going to post the video proof so that others could see what I made but then I decided against it because others were saying that it could be easily faked so what I decided to do was just to post up my methods of how it was done and then those skeptics could go out and try it for themselves and see how successful it is for them.

There is no real way to beat the skeptics other than taking action on the methods that I gave.

aaronlamont1, Nov 3, 2009 IP
  19. el_yoyo

el_yoyo Peon

Best Answers:
    Sorry, but for me it sounds to good to be true!
    • Making several videos with a minimun of quality do not take a couple of hours.
    • Getting traffic into a brand new site is not that simple. It is not just a matter of through some videos into youtube and getting a Wave of visitors (how many visitors got your videos in youtube?
    • Twitting, bokkmarking, social stuff is not magic formula.

Anyway, it is very usefull to read about other methods. The point here is the timing. I do not see three days to be a realistic time!

Sorry, I remember the previous thread of your. I do agree that these posts themselves are your most susscessfull marketing strategy to bring traffic into your stuff from the DP Forum; but just that.

el_yoyo, Nov 3, 2009 IP
  20. erwindegrave

erwindegrave Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hey thanks for showing us the process on how you did it. Don't worry I will also give my insights regarding this :)

I will also create my own process and post it here..

erwindegrave, Nov 3, 2009 IP