1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Freelancer willing to invest 1000$. Need some help!

Discussion in 'General Business' started by agilius, Nov 2, 2009.

Hi,

Quick intro about me:

My name is Vlad Nicula. I am 19. Two years ago I started making money here on DP. Forum poster, writer, designer... and finally Wordpress Coder and CMS Developer.

What I want:

I want to start making money online without having to respond to insaine request comming from clients ( I don't like to have a boss that dosen't know what he/she is doing/want's..).

I am willing to invest 1000$ ( 2 month of work) into something that must be productive. Currently all the money that I have are 1200$.

My Skill:

IM is kinda new to me, however I managed to hit 600 uv/day on my first blog 2 years ago, so I know the basics of promotion, SEO and so on. My blog was about photoshop tutorials.

I can create websites very fast, valid, SEO Friendly and I can also do a great job designing them.

What I am thinking:

I really liked the idea of the CPA Networks, however I am quite new to promoting offers, I read all the book about CPA I found but... I don't know.

Maybe sell templates? But that again, requires kinda a lot of repetitive work, and less thinking. I want to use my brain to do something more than code websites...

I'd appreciate some advice. I don't want to spend this money on useless things, I want to invest, to keep them going and earn more.

Thanks!

agilius, Nov 2, 2009 IP
    SunHunter likes this.
  2. awesometbn

awesometbn Peon

Best Answers:
    Great portfolio on deviantART. Since you are based in Romania, let me ask what is your currency? Is your 1000$-1200$ in USD or lei or Euros or something else? Maybe it depends on your payment processor and my question doesn't really matter that much if you can accept money from anyone, and spend it anywhere. Just curious. Thanks!

awesometbn, Nov 3, 2009 IP
  3. mentos

mentos Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Why don't you setup a SEO company to help people SEO their website?
    You can hire people to work under you so that you can have more client at each time.
    Then use the rest of the money to spent on marketing your SEO service such as adword

mentos, Nov 4, 2009 IP
  4. agilius

agilius Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you mentos, I never thought of that. I will look into it. :)

awesometbn, I have 1000$ in my paypal. I can take out Euros and Lei, and also Dollars on other bank accounts.

I'm almost done with me coding service site, so I think I will be implementing a SEO section for it, and also start a new site related to SEO.

Thanks again,
    If anyone has other suggestions, please don't hesitate to share them!

agilius, Nov 5, 2009 IP
  5. nick-a

nick-a Active Member

Best Answers:
    If I were you, I'd save the money, and start creating some adsense sites if you have the skills you mentioned.

nick-a, Nov 5, 2009 IP
  6. nitin22

nitin22 Active Member

Best Answers:
    What you should do is create a site selling your templates. Then promote your template site using SEO tricks. Even if you sell 10 templates a month you shall be making an easy $500 and you will be ur own boss

nitin22, Nov 5, 2009 IP
    agilius likes this.
  7. ablaye

ablaye Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Was going to suggest that too. Create a website where you sell templates.
    You can also start a forum about your hobby and promote it with that money.

ablaye, Nov 5, 2009 IP
    agilius likes this.
  8. rosemarder

rosemarder Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hi! I can give You a lot of software with MasterResaleRights or ResaleRights or PLR at a very low price Example:200 Product for $27, 58 Cooking e-books $10, forum and blogging software (Submitter and builder, etc)$47 and much much more ...Ask me and i make a proposal ...payements ultra easy and safely via PayPal....

rosemarder, Nov 5, 2009 IP
  9. agilius

Best Answers:
    thank you all for these great ideas!

nick-a, I think adsense needs a lot mroe effort than I can invest in to actually make more than 500$/month.

nitin22, so far, your idea and the one that mentos sugested are the best. I think I will quit the idea of CPA... At least for now.

dstewart, this might just be the chery on top of the cake for the template idea :). Great! I thought about this in the passed, but since I got busy with work, I totally forgot about it.

rosemarder, I think that your idea sounds like Affiliate Marketing/CPA, and I thank you for the suggestion, but for now I decied to put my CPA / marketing for others aside for now.

Thank you all for enlightening me! :) I have been thinking a lot about it miself, and I think I will get a template site going, maybe also try to sell some on theme forest, get a blog / forum in the field, hire someone to help me out with tutorials and resources and...I will try to get 1~2 projects from get a freelancer / month and back up my portfolio with the tempalte site and blog.

I simply love DP because of all the people like you guys and girls! Thank you all :)

agilius, Nov 5, 2009 IP
  10. yh_rocker

yh_rocker Peon

Best Answers:
    It doesnt matters how much investment you do.What matters is how much you can make.
    If you work for socks5 proxy you can make lots of money these is very little investment and you need to work a lot for it.
    Investment:-300-400$
    Output:-200%(600-800$ permonths)

I hold market and supply customers for my team,Now I want to start my own socks5 proxy business

Last edited: Nov 6, 2009
    yh_rocker, Nov 6, 2009 IP
  11. agilius

Best Answers:
    I never entered the realm of proxies.. For now I think I found my purpose. :) Thanks!

agilius, Nov 8, 2009 IP
  12. Clive

Clive Web Developer

Best Answers:
    To me this sounds more like you're personally attracted to his $1000 and try to sell him your zip files rather than make a suggestion for a real investment opportunity.

Clive, Nov 8, 2009 IP
  13. sunny61162

sunny61162 Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, you can try flipping websites. With $1,200, you can get a couple premium theme and a lot of scripts which, along with some content, can sell for good prices! :)

sunny61162, Nov 9, 2009 IP
    agilius likes this.
  14. airstair

airstair Active Member

Best Answers:
    as i'm in hosting industry i suggest you to make a site sell hosting at minimum price and also offered web development services in it

airstair, Nov 9, 2009 IP
    agilius likes this.
  15. agilius

Best Answers:
    Hm... Adding a hosting service has a nice ring to the theme + coding idea. Thanks airstair, that's a nice one.

sunny61162, I am totally new to web flipping. I'd give it a try, and if you want you could PM me with some tips. If I get started and I have succcess with it, I am willing to do a 50% split with you for the first few sites if you can teach me really well :). How does that sound? Let's say... 200$? Could you show me how to invest 200$ and make.. 250 ~ 300$ out of it?

agilius, Nov 9, 2009 IP
  16. mboy10

mboy10 Peon

Best Answers:
    If i would be instead of you i would start a filehost site..at the beginning its hard..but after couple of months when ur site is grown up, u can earn even more than 1000$ a month.

mboy10, Nov 9, 2009 IP
  17. Radz

Radz Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Start from Selling Info Products Online, Flip those Site... Then move onto Bigger Projects, i can help you into getting into IM Business...

Radz, Nov 9, 2009 IP
  18. agilius

Best Answers:
    Alright radz, as I said to sunny61162, I am willing to give it a try with website flipping and offer a good part of what I make for starters. Would you help me gain some insight?

I am really determined to get started and do something... I want to take aciton now -even thought I'll soon have exams at college, but anyway -. I'm already really confortable with a theme creation/coding oriented site with servies, themes, tutorials etc. I thought it out and I won't need more than 700$ for that. That means I will be able to spend the rest on website flipping or anything else...

agilius, Nov 9, 2009 IP