1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Judaism and Genital Mutilation

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by Toopac, Nov 1, 2009.

In this thread started by CMike111 he was discussing "Islamic genital mutilation" and was asking people to condemn it, however it was pointed out to him all genital mutilation was wrong on so many levels.

An example of genital mutilation was provided that happens in Judaism and he decided to flat out deny the existence that in Judaism Mohel's perform unnecessary circumcisions and furthermore that the mohel does not suck on the child's penis.

Example's such as http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brit_milah were provided and he remains blissfully ignorant and due to the nature of his thread which as I said was criticizing "Genital Mutilation" in Islam he comes across as hypocritical.

As not to hijack his thread I posted this one, so that you can post your thoughts.

The issue:

Source: http://www.religionfacts.com/judaism/cycle/circumcision.htm

Last edited: Nov 1, 2009
    Toopac, Nov 1, 2009 IP
  2. wmghori

wmghori Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    wmghori, Nov 1, 2009 IP
  3. Toopac

Toopac Peon

Best Answers:
    Toopac, Nov 1, 2009 IP
  4. ChaosTrivia

ChaosTrivia Active Member

Best Answers:
    The jewish "brit milah" (which also appear in Islam for men) merely removes a piece of unnecessary skin (not conclusive whether it is of medical advantage or not). This piece of skin removed is less sensitive to the penis's skin itself, hence increasing the ability to enjoy sex.
    And also from my experience: the babes just love it, especially the non-jew girls that don't get to see this too often ;)

Or, in short:
    Female Genitile Mutilation, turns a female into a puppet. It removes her ability to enjoy sex. It is barbaric.
    Male circumcision, or brit milah, upgrades the man's ability to enjoy sex. It is like wearing an earing or making a tattoo, it does not eliminate physical abilities!

A very stupid OP.

ChaosTrivia, Nov 1, 2009 IP
  5. Toopac

Toopac Peon

Best Answers:
    OFC you defend the practice and make it seem as if it is cool:rolleyes:.

However, you point out every reason that genital mutilation is carried out besides the fact that in the Jewish book of fairy tales (which is the primary reason/justification of doing this mutilation) it states one should, I must credit Cmike111 with this information (ripped):

Any other justification as to why penises are mutilated is simply irrelevant, as the mutilation is not carried out for the purposes of sexual pleasure, health reasons (ie at hospital) but instead it is carried out at Jewish ceremonies for god.

It's rather hypocritical to be mutilating private parts then pointing in the other direction shouting "Hey they are mutilating private parts, isn't that sick?" or saying our mutilation is better than theirs :rolleyes:

It is unnecessary to remove an unnecessary piece of skin;)

Toopac, Nov 1, 2009 IP
  6. Traditione

Traditione Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I'm Catholic, was circumsized.

No, removal of the foreskin does not enhance sex; it removes a plethora of sensitive nerve endings thus reducing the overall ability of a male to feel what he would have with the foreskin still in tact.

It is healthier to have the foreskin removed only if someone is lazy to care for their nether regions.

Genital mutilation exists in almost every single society; can't really point a finger to others with three pointing back at you.

To remove the foreskin is as unnecessary as getting a piercing in the ear and does nothing but make the penis look more "Western."

Circumcising can lead to higher instances of a warped penis as scar tissue can grow around the cut making the skin tougher and not be able to respond as it would otherwise to the physical responses of increased blood flow. Circumcising does allows one to "control" their moment of climax better...But that's basically it for the sexual benefits.

Cutting off the clitoris is intentional removal of pleasure, an analogous operation on a male would be to cut off the head of the penis; something no patriarchal religion is willing to do to their men, but because in their Creation myths the female is seen as secondary and the seducer of man into sin, their removal of pleasure is seen as Godly....

Take God out of the equation completely: Religion and medical needs are the only possible reason for circumcision.

Traditione, Nov 1, 2009 IP
  7. ChaosTrivia

ChaosTrivia Active Member

Best Answers:
    of course that it is according to fairy tales. But there is something you choose to ignore:
    in the jewish case its just tradition. for a man, it doesnt matter if one get circumsized or not
    in the female case, it is barbaric. the clitoris is removed and the woman cant enjoy sex. it is not a woman anymore. just a baby machine.

it is still civilization vs. barbarism, even if you try to twist it more

ChaosTrivia, Nov 1, 2009 IP
  8. Traditione

Traditione Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Barbarians: Name for the "uncivilized" by the oh so civil Romans because those from Gaul or Germania spoke in silly tongues and would get ridiculed by the Legionairres because these uncivilized folk sounded like they were saying "Bar Bar Bar Bar Bar hahahaha look at those silly BarBarians."

Civilization: Man's desire to replace God with his own laws.

Either both are grotesque, or both are allowed and just different cultures.

Africans are pretty hardcore on genital rites of passage as well, no one cries as much foul on them. Are they just not civilized enough for people to care? They're just animals, right?

It is all or none.
    Forceful acts are terrible in either case. A child should choose circumcision, as should a woman. That's the only barbarism, and it's equitable on both sides.

Traditione, Nov 1, 2009 IP
  9. wwws

wwws Notable Member

Best Answers:
    FUCK!!! that video is very disturbing, they are torturing that helpless child. No wonder circumcise men are angry all the time.

wwws, Nov 1, 2009 IP
  10. stOx

stOx Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Chaostrivia. If i were to cut off my childs earlobes, useless skin, 6 weeks after birth because i heard voices in my head would you defend my actions?

You need to apply your reasons for defending the mutilation of a penis without the religion. Think about if someone done that, or something equivolent, for a reason other than religion, and then think about if youd be ok with it. If you wouldn't be ok with it being done outside of religion then you shouldn't be ok with it when it's done because of religion.

stOx, Nov 2, 2009 IP
  11. Toopac

Toopac Peon

Best Answers:
    Then why does one inflict that on a child?

Why not let them choose?

If it's an unnecessary piece of skin, why don't you remove other unnecessary parts at the same time ie appendix and tonsils?

Is this our mutilation is better than theirs? again.

Civilised people do not do this to babies, fanatics do.

Toopac, Nov 2, 2009 IP
  12. cientificoloco

cientificoloco Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    chaostrivia, I usually agree with your thoughts, but this time you are being a little bit too defensive, unnecessarily IMO. After all, circumsition is another tradition based on religion and like many others (i.e. not necessarily a useful or reasonable thing to do).

cientificoloco, Nov 2, 2009 IP
  13. Jackuul

Jackuul Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Its a billion dollar racket at hospitals. My children will decide what they want to do with their own bodies, not some doctor who is trying to say their method is better than evolution.

Fuck doctors who want to mutilate.

Jackuul, Nov 2, 2009 IP
  14. CMike111

CMike111 Peon

Best Answers:
    The foreskin is superflous for males.

The problem with the islamic circumcision is that it's for the purpose of taking away sexual pleasure. That is where the woman is being mutilated.

Sexual pleasure is an important part of life. That islamic women are deprived of it is what makes it horrific.

As was mentioned before the analogy would be cutting off the head of the penis for men.

Here is a video of islamic women being interviewed about female circumcision. I feel terrible that this horrific act was done to them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsqEyGdLh8I

CMike111, Nov 2, 2009 IP
  15. stOx

stOx Notable Member

Best Answers:
    See, what makes it horrific for me mike is the act of taking a knife to a childs genitals because of imaginary rules. I guess we have very different ideas about what is acceptable. And apparently mutilating a childs genitals can be acceptable for you depending on the reason.

stOx, Nov 2, 2009 IP
  16. Toopac

Toopac Peon

Best Answers:
    Shame to waste a good quote:

"You can't defend the indefensible - anything you say sounds self-serving and hypocritical." - Diane Abbott MP

Toopac, Nov 2, 2009 IP
  17. debunked

debunked Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Sounds like someone needs a mother. Lots of crying going on. Not much thinking though. Too bad some people are so hateful they will compare apples to... well not even oranges but a rock to try to excuse the evil they do.

But... but... the Jews do this... but but America does that. But but but... like a foolish man once said "everyone has such big buts"

Last edited: Nov 2, 2009
    debunked, Nov 2, 2009 IP
    browntwn likes this.
  18. Toopac

Toopac Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm not Muslim;)

Toopac, Nov 2, 2009 IP
  19. debunked

debunked Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    and .............

debunked, Nov 2, 2009 IP
  20. Toopac

Toopac Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't excuse one mutilation for another (like some), I condemn both, it's not hateful to point that out.

Do you condemn both or just one?

Toopac, Nov 2, 2009 IP